Fez is Coming to New Platforms

Pages PREV 1 2

MPerce:
I, for one, will be happy to finally pick up Fez on PC. I've never met Mr. Fish, and am not qualified to judge him based on some things he's said on the Internet. If I were to do that, then everyone on the planet, including myself, is an unforgivable asshole who deserves nothing but hate and sadness.

And even if I were to decide he's a jerk, that doesn't matter to me. He made a good product. I pay money for good products. If everyone refused to buy things from people because those people are dicks, than the economy would collapse again.

What's your feelings towards outspoken hypocrits?

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/950149/fez_interview_polytrons_phil_fish.html

Fez is a console game, not a PC game
It's made to be played with a controller, on a couch, on a Saturday morning. To me, that matters; that's part of the medium. I get so many comments shouting at me that I'm an idiot for not making a PC version. 'You'd make so much more money! Can't you see? Meatboy sold more on Steam!' Good for them. But this matters more to me than sales or revenue. It's a console game on a console. End of story.

BOO HOO. PCs are for spreadsheets.

I saw how hard he worked on fez on indie Game: The Movie. It was pretty much a one-man job. So even if the guy is a prick, I'm glad for him. Because let's face it, the game IS fun and it's pretty original. And up until today, i don't see Fez reflecting his prick-like attitude. It's a pretty mellow game so it doesn't affect me.

Heck, i prefer having a good game done by a prick than a crap game made by a saint. Then I'd just like it out of pity.

Now, the dilemma is: Should I get it for the 360 or wait for it to come out for my favorite console, the PS3?

Jennacide:
snip

Please stop trying to defend the asshole. There is a difference between having an argument with someone that insulted you or disagreed with you, like Cliffy B versus Jim Sterling, but it never resorted to grade school threads like "suck on my dick, choke on it."

He wasn't having an argument, he was simply responding to someone who was being an ass to him, one of the thousands of people who were using various insults almost none of them justified. When your constantly getting bombarded by hate, responding with aggression is to be expected, and it doesn't make him an asshole.

Fish is notorious for this kind of shit. For even more insight, watch Indie Game: The Movie. The parts with Edmund and Tommy show real human beings struggling, Jon Blow being a confident but not dickish indie dev, and then show Phil Fish being a whiney, petulant child.

I did watch Indie Game : The movie, and Phil Fish most of the time was putting up with shit tons of pressure and problems, and the only time one could even consider him being whiny was when legal problems could have prevented him from showing that the last 4 years hadn't been a complete waste of fucking time.

The community has every right to hate him, after all the ego, douchey comments, and homophobic slurs. (Most of which he removed from his twitter by now) Fish has made one game that isn't good at anything it does, but is so pretenious that journalists ate it up. It's a game that is 90% "figure out this stupid ARG I made online, then press shoulder buttons ingame to contine." If I want to play a game about ARGs, I'll play more Secret World, at least there is a fucking logic to the investigations.

Gee, how convenient that they are removed from twitter, and as such apparently completely removed from the internet. It's a good game, and even if you didn't enjoy it, that doesn't make him pretentious. I still haven't seen anything that makes Phil Fish an "asshole", "pretentious", "whiny" or a "petulant child".
EDIT

Dexter111:
snip

He hasn't said it's coming out on PC, just that it's coming to new platforms, so it could simply be getting a PS3 port. Even if it does come out on PC, that doesn't make him a hypocrite, it just means that someone said something that made him reconsider and change his mind.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here