Second Hand Wii U Comes With Previous Owner's Games

Pages PREV 1 2

'Record Stops.':
Umm...guys...this feature was implemented as far back as the Wii... You're throwing a hissy fit, over a problem that's been over five years in the making. Are you either misinformed, or have you never owned a Nintendo console past the 'Cube? I've owned at least three Wii's, and I own two now, one that can play disks, the other that can play Digital games.

I ringed up a support group, and my answer basically was," You can't transfer digital games to a new account."

So...in the end...what's your point here? This is old news, with an even older wore down argument.

And I'm glad at least a few people understand where I'm coming from.

Feature??? You call this BS a feature? The point isn't "hey, look at this new craziness from nintendo!". It's "that joke of a game company still don't have a clue how to handle user accounts!". If it was a problem on the Wii then it should NOT happen in the next generation of consoles. That's just nothing but a joke.

My Wii bricked a few years ago. I sent it into Nintendo, and got it back with all my downloaded games ready to be redownloaded. I assume the WiiU works out the same way. As for selling the system with games already on it: take advantage of that and raise the price. You can do that unless you're planning on selling it to Gamestop or some other store, but that would have ripped you off anyway.

A Smooth Criminal:

getoffmycloud:

shintakie10:

You should never have to contact customer support when your console bricks? Thats an odd statement to make.

Sorry that's not what I meant I meant that you shouldn't have to contact customer support to transfer downloaded games onto another console.

Why would you sell a fully working console to buy the same fully working console?

What if you live with someone who owns a WiiU then you move out and buy one for yourself or you could break one when it is out of warranty and have to buy another one you could even want to play a game on a friends WiiU but cant download your account and titles onto their console.

getoffmycloud:
What if you live with someone who owns a WiiU then you move out and buy one for yourself or you could break one when it is out of warranty and have to buy another one you could even want to play a game on a friends WiiU but cant download your account and titles onto their console.

Well first of all, why would you be buying content on someone else's console? The majority of the stuff in the Nintendo e-shop is purchasable in stores anyway... You can't blame Nintendo for stupidity...

Second of all, the console's been out for little over a month. NO ONE's console is out of warranty yet. And Nintendo stated that they want to rectify the account issues. So that point is 100% invalid.

Last, the article is bullshit anyway, you are able to retrieve accounts on other consoles... You create a network ID which is tied to your email address.

Well, there ya go, Sony. If you're looking into doing something similar, just watch Nintendo and its customers handle this for a while and you decide if you wanna shoot yourself in the foot too.

Sure, there might have being able to cut the middle mane (Gamestop) but there will be people who will still sell the console without knowing/thinking about formatting it. And even if they do, few will realize there's still a way to get those games back on that console. So...good news for Craigslist and eBay.

But seriously, the more I hear about the WiiU's blunders, the more I imagine a bunch of corporate guys yelling at each other "JUST RELEASE THE CONSOLE NOW!" "IT'S NOT READY BUT WHO CARES?" "SELL, SELL, SELL!"
I know the console has its sweet moments but it also has a LOT of flaws.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here