What is your favorite PS2 game of all time?
GTA: San Andreas
6.3% (64)
6.3% (64)
GTA: Vice City
3.2% (32)
3.2% (32)
Grand Theft Auto III
1% (10)
1% (10)
Final Fantasy X
8.5% (86)
8.5% (86)
Final Fantasy XII
2.9% (29)
2.9% (29)
Final Fantasy X-2
0.7% (7)
0.7% (7)
Kingdom Hearts
4.4% (44)
4.4% (44)
Kingdom Hearts II
7.3% (74)
7.3% (74)
God of War
0.8% (8)
0.8% (8)
God of War II
1.2% (12)
1.2% (12)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
2% (20)
2% (20)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
7.2% (73)
7.2% (73)
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
0.1% (1)
0.1% (1)
Gran Turismo 4
0.9% (9)
0.9% (9)
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
1.9% (19)
1.9% (19)
Jak II
2% (20)
2% (20)
Jak 3
2.5% (25)
2.5% (25)
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
0.6% (6)
0.6% (6)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
1.1% (11)
1.1% (11)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
0.4% (4)
0.4% (4)
Guitar Hero
0.1% (1)
0.1% (1)
Guitar Hero II
0.3% (3)
0.3% (3)
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
1.7% (17)
1.7% (17)
Katamari Damacy
1.3% (13)
1.3% (13)
Silent Hill 2
5.1% (51)
5.1% (51)
Silent Hill 3
0.8% (8)
0.8% (8)
Silent Hill 4: The Room
0.4% (4)
0.4% (4)
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
0.1% (1)
0.1% (1)
Devil May Cry
0.2% (2)
0.2% (2)
Devil May Cry 2
0.1% (1)
0.1% (1)
Devil May Cry 3
1.1% (11)
1.1% (11)
Okami
6.4% (65)
6.4% (65)
ICO
1.4% (14)
1.4% (14)
Shadow of the Colossus
10.7% (108)
10.7% (108)
Ratchet & Clank
1% (10)
1% (10)
Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando
1.4% (14)
1.4% (14)
Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal
2.7% (27)
2.7% (27)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
1% (10)
1% (10)
Resident Evil 4
2.5% (25)
2.5% (25)
Bully
0.6% (6)
0.6% (6)
Burnout 3: Takedown
1% (10)
1% (10)
Burnout Revenge
0.6% (6)
0.6% (6)
Beyond Good & Evil
1.5% (15)
1.5% (15)
Soulcalibur II
0.3% (3)
0.3% (3)
Soulcalibur III
0.6% (6)
0.6% (6)
Tekken 4
0.1% (1)
0.1% (1)
Tekken 5
0.3% (3)
0.3% (3)
Tekken Tag Tournament
0.2% (2)
0.2% (2)
Killzone
0.5% (5)
0.5% (5)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What's Your Favorite PlayStation 2 Game of All Time?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Write in: The Fatal Frame series.

Holy terrifying games Batman. And with Nintendo now owning the franchise and turning into augmented reality shovelware for the 3DS, i'm doubting I will ever see them in the creepy incarnation ever again. :-(

On the PS2, they were great looking games and among the scariest i've EVER played.

Frank_Sinatra_:
Since Time Splitters 2 wasn't on there I had to choose Kingdom Hearts II.

However it's a really fucking hard choice since the PS2 holds so many of my favorite games on such an equal level, I can't possibly just choose one.

Fucking hell I miss time splitters. Although even if it had been on the list I think I still would have voted for SotC. Timesplitters 2 was awesome, but I had way more fun with it on the gamecube.

In the absence of Monster Hunter I voted for Shadow of the Colossus.

Fappy:
Where is Persona 4!? Whaaaaaaaaaa---?!

Escapist, I am disappoint.

Susan was definitely not informed. She wouldn't have let this happen!!

No Persona 3 WAI? D:

antipunt:

Fappy:
Where is Persona 4!? Whaaaaaaaaaa---?!

Escapist, I am disappoint.

Susan was definitely not informed. She wouldn't have let this happen!!

No Persona 3 WAI? D:

I was thinking the same thing. No way she would have let P4 go unrepresented! >:O

Shadow of the Colossus, the entire Jak and Daxter series came in a very close second.

Hhnnnnngg! I was torn between Kingdom Hearts 2, Jak 2 or Snake Eater. But I had to go with KH2 only because it's the one that I replayed the most and made me excited for KH3.
*Sigh* How long ago was that?

FFX was fun to play but nothing can compare to my favorite, FFVIII.
And FFXII was good! *Runs off*

MGS 3 for me :D

One of the few games I completed on PS2 lol

Armored Core Last Raven
Timesplitters (any of them)
Battlefront 2
Psychonauts
Marvel Rise of the Imperfects
and seriously no one has ever heard of
Darkwatch (death fears those who wear the badge)?

Personally comes down to Persona 3, Persona 4, or Xenosaga 1.

Gun to my head (ha!), I think Persona 4 gets it.

Although the first Jak and Daxter game blew my mind, San Andreas ate up very nearly half of my total PS2 playtime and I still play through the Sly Cooper series on occasion, I cast my vote for Okami. Its intriguing story, wonderful setting and genuinely original game experience touched me on a far deeper level than most games could ever hope for.

Have to say I'm disappointed not to find Psychonauts on the list, though. (Just saying. I would still have voted Okami!)

Tenchu 3 (Tenchu Wrath of Heaven in the west)
Great game, started my interest in stealth games.

Silent Hill 2, period.

I haven't played anything that has conveyed the same feeling of wonder, mystery and at the same time dread, depression and fear. For me SH2 is a great work of art unmatched by most games. The only game in my opinion matches to SH2 is Spec Ops The Line.

My favorite PS2 game was Call of Duty Big Red One, back when CoD wasn't the same game re-released every year. But hey, the Sly Cooper Series was almost as good, so I went for that.

I have to choose?

Ugh, I hate choosing. Well, I'll just go with the one I played the most, which is probably Kingdom Hearts.

Honorable mentions:
Battlefront 1+2
Ico and SOTC
Ratchet and Clank 1-3
Sly Cooper 1-3

Well considering the games I would've voted for aren't on the list (Persona 4 and War of the Monsters), I went with one of my favourites, Beyond Good and Evil, even though I've only played it on GameCube, Xbox 360 and PC.

The only PS2 games I still have that haven't been ported to be extremely accessible to the new audience are Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Dark Cloud, and Guitar Hero 2. My other favorite titles are now available on the PS3, or weren't just PS2 exclusives (yes I know, GH2 wasn't one, but screw it, I still have the controller, so it counts).

God Hand.

I went for Silent Hill 2

I was crazy insane over that game when it was released. It's the reason I bought the Playstation 2.

The first game I bought that had a Behind the Scenes DVD shipped with it.

No 'Dropship: United Peace Force'? Well, good sir, I am afraid I shall have to boycott your little poll. I don't need your fancy "Good" games to play when I have shitty bug-ridden games where I can jet ski what I presume to be a MIG down a mountain.

On that list, Final Fantasy X without hesitation for me. Sank so many hours into that game and utterly loved it (except for I had to play slightly too much Blitzball).

Overall, FFX and Need for Speed Underground 2 are pretty tied, along with New Vegas they're probably , my top 3 games ever.

I was originally tempted to say Persona 3, but then I remembered that I actually didn't like if not hated the PS2 version and only the PSP version is my favorite game.

So either Shadow of the Colossus or Persona 4.

I loved Kingdom Hearts 2 but it has all sorts of bad stuff that holds it back in cases like this.

Honorable mentions to:

-Soul Calibur 3 for being the only good Soul Calibur game. Before you crucify me what I mean by that is that it has Chronicles of the Sword! Which was intended to be single player I'm sure but that sounds like a stupid idea.

I played Soul Calibur 3 as a PARTY game where all my friends and siblings made a new character and we took turns trying to conquer a new place. That was fun.

-Need For Speed: underground 2 for being the single best racing game ever released in any capacity. Best performance/vanity customization and a very significant variety of races and local multiplayer.

Ah hell I can't pick between those!

It's a toss up between; San Andreas, Vice City, FFX, FFXII, Sands of Time, Burnout 3 and Burnout: Takedown.

Not on that list (off the top of my head) I would probably add a Crash Bandicoot game on there, and a Spyro the Dragon game too. Was Just Cause on the PS2? I'll add that. As well as some FIFA games too, maybe 2005? God there were so many good games but I can't remember most of them!

I guess maybe Vice City because I think I spent the most time (barring the grinding in FF) playing that.

None of the above. With the exception of the Silent Hill, Katamari, Okami, DQ, and SotC options I can't say I even like any of the games on that list.

I would have a hard time choosing from the following though:

Shadowhearts 1-3
Fatal Frame 1-3
Forbidden Siren
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
Rogue Galaxy
Mega Man Anniversary Collection

Where is Timesplitters: Future Perfect? Or any of the Timesplitter games for that matter? What kind of blasphemy is this?

OT: Timesplitters: Future Perfect.

No Persona 4 in the voting options means you get no vote from me, good sir.

But if I HAD to pick one from the available options, I'd probably go with Final Fantasy X or Kingdom Hearts.

Would have liked to see at least one SOCOM on there. I voted for Final Fantasy XII.

Damn, not in the list... screw it!

I vote for Soul Nomad!

Sadly, not very many people know the greatness of Gig...

I find the lack of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction in this list... disturbing.
I'm not voting. I refuse to choose between so many good titles.

No God Hand? No BATTLEFRONT?! NO PERSONA?!?!?!

I DEMAND TO KNOW WHO MADE THAT LIST!

For me, it's Sly 2: Band of Thieves. It improved Sly 1 in every way possible (ok, so Murray and Bentley weren't as cool to play as Sly was, but still), and it was just off the chain!

It's an extremely close tie between Kingdom Hearts II and Okami for me, but I have to go with KH2 because I've played it more over the years since it was released, though I consider Okami the better game.

I never played Persona 4 or Metal Gear Solid 3 on the PS2, so as much as I absolutely love those games, I can't lament the absence of one or comfortably vote for the other on this list.

There's no Persona 4...

ERROR - ERROR - NO SELECTION OPTION IS FOUND

ISSUING SELF-DESTRUCT SEQUENCE

DETONATION IN 3... 2... 1...

*BOOM*

Great, now look at what you did. My bloody chucks are spread throughout the room now. You know how long it'll take to clean this mess up? Possibly 2 days! 2. Days!!

I unofficially choose Persona 4. >->

There is a disturbing lack of SMT(persona specifically) games on that list. Why is that?

Gonna have to go with FFX, I love that game. For the first couple years after its release it was my favorite game of all time. I also poured a ridiculous amount of time into Jade Cocoon 2, it was far from a perfect game but I got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here