What is your favorite PS2 game of all time?
GTA: San Andreas
6.3% (64)
6.3% (64)
GTA: Vice City
3.2% (32)
3.2% (32)
Grand Theft Auto III
1% (10)
1% (10)
Final Fantasy X
8.5% (86)
8.5% (86)
Final Fantasy XII
2.9% (29)
2.9% (29)
Final Fantasy X-2
0.7% (7)
0.7% (7)
Kingdom Hearts
4.4% (44)
4.4% (44)
Kingdom Hearts II
7.4% (75)
7.4% (75)
God of War
0.8% (8)
0.8% (8)
God of War II
1.2% (12)
1.2% (12)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
2.1% (21)
2.1% (21)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
7.2% (73)
7.2% (73)
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
0.1% (1)
0.1% (1)
Gran Turismo 4
0.9% (9)
0.9% (9)
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
1.9% (19)
1.9% (19)
Jak II
2% (20)
2% (20)
Jak 3
2.6% (26)
2.6% (26)
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
0.6% (6)
0.6% (6)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
1.1% (11)
1.1% (11)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
0.4% (4)
0.4% (4)
Guitar Hero
0.1% (1)
0.1% (1)
Guitar Hero II
0.3% (3)
0.3% (3)
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
1.7% (17)
1.7% (17)
Katamari Damacy
1.3% (13)
1.3% (13)
Silent Hill 2
5.1% (51)
5.1% (51)
Silent Hill 3
0.8% (8)
0.8% (8)
Silent Hill 4: The Room
0.4% (4)
0.4% (4)
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
0.1% (1)
0.1% (1)
Devil May Cry
0.2% (2)
0.2% (2)
Devil May Cry 2
0.1% (1)
0.1% (1)
Devil May Cry 3
1.1% (11)
1.1% (11)
Okami
6.4% (65)
6.4% (65)
ICO
1.4% (14)
1.4% (14)
Shadow of the Colossus
10.7% (108)
10.7% (108)
Ratchet & Clank
1% (10)
1% (10)
Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando
1.4% (14)
1.4% (14)
Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal
2.7% (27)
2.7% (27)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
1% (10)
1% (10)
Resident Evil 4
2.5% (25)
2.5% (25)
Bully
0.6% (6)
0.6% (6)
Burnout 3: Takedown
1% (10)
1% (10)
Burnout Revenge
0.6% (6)
0.6% (6)
Beyond Good & Evil
1.5% (15)
1.5% (15)
Soulcalibur II
0.3% (3)
0.3% (3)
Soulcalibur III
0.6% (6)
0.6% (6)
Tekken 4
0.1% (1)
0.1% (1)
Tekken 5
0.4% (4)
0.4% (4)
Tekken Tag Tournament
0.2% (2)
0.2% (2)
Killzone
0.5% (5)
0.5% (5)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What's Your Favorite PlayStation 2 Game of All Time?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Ace Combat ZERO! put it in the list! or better yet..Ace Combat 4,5 and ZERO!

Nice to see the higher-ups out of touch with the rest of the board. For an organization who constantly criticizes the US government you aren't much better.

There was no Persona 3 in there, so I took Shadow of the Colossus.

Odin Sphere is a big candidate as well as Robot Alchemic Drive.

Well for me it's a tie between MGS3 and GTA: Vice City. I didn't own a PS2 when they came out, but I played them both. Being a MGS fan I was so hyped by this trailer

Now that I own a PS2 and considering that I've matured a bit that may change. As soon as I get to completing Silent Hill 2, Persona 4, Ico & SotC....I have to sort out my backlog XD

star wars battle front 2
dragonball z budeki tenkiechi 3
best games there are

Psi-Ops, easily. I loved that game. Out of the games on the list, I guess Battlefront II but I have only played it on Xbox

No Timesplitters Series? I am offended...

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, but Sands of Time is close enough I suppose.

Either Tenchu Wrath of Heaven or Silent Hill 3.

Would have voted Timesplitters 2, but I settled for Grand Theft Auto 3. Though if Super Farm was on that list I would have been faaar too tempted. :P

No Persona 4?
Why do I have a sudden urge to buy a torch and pitchfork?

DVS BSTrD:
Battlefront wasn't an exclusive, so I went with Bully.

Neither was Resident Evil 4. It was on the GameCube first.

Also, no Zone of the Enders? What gives?

---

GTA Vice City/San Andreas, Ratchet & Clank and Final Fantasy X all brought me endless hours of enjoyment. Hard to choose between them. D:

I suppose FFX. Was my first PS2 game iirc and I was blown away by the graphics and the spoken dialogue. Before that I only played the previous FF titles, Spyro and Crash the Bandicoot, so the difference was huge. Also think it's the best battle system in a Final Fantasy game so far. So glad I was young enough not to be annoyed by Tidus the first time I played it.

Well, out of those choices I'd have to say that Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal just barely beats Ratchet and clank and Jak 3 for my favorite game. Although Star War Battlefront 2 would probably be the game I would have chosen had it been a choice.

Such a tough choice, but I went with FFXII. Best battle system so far in any FF. Great world and loads of EXPLORATION. Honorary mention has to go to Silent Hill 2 and MGS3, both high points in their respective genres.

No Shadow Hearts Convenant, so I'll vote god of war 2.

I see that I'm not the first person to be disappointed by the lack of Disgaea so I won't bitch about its absence; I'll instead choose my second-favourite PS2 title:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

2nd favourite PS2 game, 6th all-time, and probably the game I put the most hours into that isn't a sports title, Tetris, or Minesweeper.

wouldve been ratchet gladiator, but it wasnt there, so i went with R&C 2. they were both great - funny and enjoyable, but id say gladiator was the best of the two

Persona 3 or 4?: Nope
Godhand?: Nope
Shadow Hearts 3?: Noep
Digital Devil Saga?:NOPE
Blood Omen 2?: NUHP
Rune?: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
Fucking Hell guys

VanQQisH:
Could have put a bit more effort into that list. No Persona 4? No Tales games? Ah well, voted for Katamari but of the list Jak II would have been my next choice.

No Xenosaga III (or 1).
No Persona 4.
No Persona 3 for that matter (I enjoyed 3 more - other than Kanji, I liked 3's cast better).

Poll is worthless. **sigh**

Edit: Oh, and Tekken 4 was okay, but seriously? Two other and far crappier Tekken games? Seriously?

Alright, here's a question for you all - what is the best Ps2 game that is not available either via an HD remake or collection, a Ps2 Classics entry, or on the Vita?

And while you're trying to answer that question, a follow up - is backwards computability really that big an issue?

Missing both Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance titles on the list. Some of the best Hack n Slash games ever made ever, and definitely solid contenders for best PS2 game. Well... solid contenders for top 10 anyway.

I'm going with Final Fantasy X. It was pretty fun and really showed off what the hardware was capable of. I realize not everyone liked Titus but considering how much of a train wreck his life was I didn't find it too hard to sympathize with him, or the other characters for that matter. Good script writing, so-so voice acting imho.

I am saddened by the lack of Psychonauts on the list.

All righty there! Since the PS2 is definitely one of the best systems out there for RPGS:

Persona 4
Persona 3 FES
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Legendia
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts 2
Star Ocean: Til the end of time
Disgaia
Disgaia 2
SMT Nocturne
Xenosaga episodes I II and III
Front Mission 4
Grandia III
Metal Saga
Wild Arms 4

I /would/ put Grandia II on the list, but it really belongs on the dreamcast with skies of Arcadia. PS2 just had too much good stuff. It was sadly lacking in the Morrowind/KOTOR department, but I needed SOME excuse to buy an Xbox.

Either Naval Ops Warship Gunner, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 3, or Front Mission 4. Only 2 of those are on the list sadly.

I haven't played enough of the games since I just bought one a year a go, but my favourite so far is Shadow of the Colossus.

I can't believe how much I missed out on. The PS2 will probably never be beaten with so many interesting games as these. Bloody Oath! It's going to take me forever to get through them all.

Thanks for the thread, I'm writing down a lot of the answers.

So the PS2 has finally retired huh? Sorta makes me sad really. I still remember the day when I heard the PS1 retired. :(

OT: Shadow of the Colossus. No contest. (Well except maybe with ICO and Snake Eater)

That game does almost everything right. It has a compelling story and atmosphere, the fights with the colossi were grand and epic, and the soundtrack was amazing.

The game was nothing short of fantastic.

Okami. Incredibly beautiful and utterly unique.

If the question was which you think is the best game I might have voted MGS3 but since you asked for favorite I voted SH2

Snake Eater hands down, loved that game to death, still do!

honorable mention would be Dragon Quest VIII, since that's the second RPG I've ever considered "epic" I'm replaying it right now, and I'm already 60 hours in and with so much left to do and enjoying every second of it

Spiderman 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 both missing? Spent a solid few hundred hours with those games I think.

With a lack of Red Faction (the first not the inferior second) then Ratchet and Clank 3 is a brilliant game!

Can't decide between Final Fantasy X, Burnout 2 and Dead or Alive 2.

I'll go with Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.
I replayed this game about two dozen times, and I loved every second. The gameplay was top notch, and in my opinion so were the writing and acting; also, the Dark Prince is one of my favourite characters of all time, in both behaviour and design. If I ever get a gaming tattoo, it'll be the daggertail.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here