Three Dog Teases Fallout 4

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Three Dog Teases Fallout 4

Voice actor Erik Todd Dellums says the world may not have seen the end of the wasteland's favorite DJ.

He's your friendly neighborhood disc jockey! What's a disc? Hell if he knows, but there's a chance he's going to keep talking anyway in Fallout 4, or whatever the next release in Bethesda's hit post-nuclear RPG series ends up being called.

"To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!" he recently wrote on Twitter. Giving a touch of official-sounding heft to the pronouncement, he added, "How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed."

I won't pretend that it's even slightly surprising that a new addition to a popular, multi-million-selling videogame franchise is in the works, but the potential presence of Three Dog certainly is. It's not hard to understand why Bethesda would want him involved - Three Dog was one of the highlights of Fallout 3 - but getting him in there in a way that doesn't come across as horrible awkward and contrived will be quite a trick.

Source: Twitter

I killed him because I could not stand his voice anymore.

Not like Bethesda ports player choice over anyway.

I just jizzed my undies, first new Pokémon on my birthday, and now a possible new Fallout? Plese let this be true! And don't you dare mess this one up, keep the streak going of great games!

I knew that there would be a Fallout Four but I hope that it doesn't take place exclusively in DC again. Maybe on the East Coast as a whole...

Anyways, it will be awesome to see how they will tweak the game since the lesson learned from Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim.

So... what? He's in a DJ van now, roaming the wastelands?

Maybe Fallout San Francisco?
"Thanks for listening, girly men."

Good to hear they skipped NV and went for what look like a Fallout 3 "sequel"

Fallout 3 was totally mind-blowingly amazing. NV was like the mutated half-creature of that binary.

Lookin' foward to it.

I desperately hope this is more East Coast lunacy. Maybe New York, or even Toronto or Anchorage. I'd LOVE to see a Fallout set in a cold climate. New story, huge history, new kind of hardcore mode.

tmande2nd:

On the bright side, you could probably kill him again.

tmande2nd:

Cuftbert put a live grenade in 3-Dog's pants and blew his legs off!

I still think that his radio station has been boosted to all over America then just DC, why? Of course it's because of the Lone Wonderer, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do all the work and already in command of the Brotherhood of steel.

Still... I look forward for Fallout 4 because I is going to look like Skyrim (For the graphics) but a little better.
Also because of (hopefully) all the new stuff it will bring. :D

zaziuma:
I just jizzed my undies, first new Pokémon on my birthday, and now a possible new Fallout? Plese let this be true! And don't you dare mess this one up, keep the streak going of great games!

Tell me about it, January is off to a great start for video game announcements! Can't wait to hear more from Three-Dog! BOW WOW!

Wonder where it will be set though, I heard rumors about Boston, but I doubt it's true. I would like to see Chicago, all the lore surrounding it is interesting, but only if Obsidian come in to do the story while Bethesda handles the huge world!

Andy Chalk:
but getting him in there in a way that doesn't come across as horrible awkward and contrived will be quite a trick.

Well they didn't accomplish that in Fallout 3, so I wouldn't expect them to be able to do it in the sequel.

Huh, I distinctly remember Three Dog's pants mysteriously exploding...

So, he teases a game everyone knew would be coming and Bethesta basically comfired to be planned at the release of New Vegas (for it not being Fallout 4) and Skyrim (it being the reason F4 isn't in development yet)?
CALL THE NEWS!
Honestly, that is as surprising as someone saying "water is wet". That Three Dog is back IS a surprise, however.

Me55enger:
Good to hear they skipped NV and went for what look like a Fallout 3 "sequel"

Welcome to 2010.

Sansha:
I desperately hope this is more East Coast lunacy. Maybe New York, or even Toronto or Anchorage.

As in "Operation: Anchorage"? As in the DLC for Fallout 3 (which was okay, even too arcade-y for my taste)?

Sansha:
I desperately hope this is more East Coast lunacy. Maybe New York, or even Toronto or Anchorage. I'd LOVE to see a Fallout set in a cold climate. New story, huge history, new kind of hardcore mode.

Whoa whoa whoa, you're probably just mentioning it because it was DLC for Fallout 3, but Anchorage so far from the east coast that it's further west than the entire west coast!

hewhosaysfish:

tmande2nd:

I clicked on comments to say this =D

hewhosaysfish:

tmande2nd:

Ave! True to Cuftbert.

On a related note, am I the only one whose first thought was; Woohoo more Reginald Cuftbert!!!???

Because three games ain't enough, and New Vegas was shit, this is Four Dog, Awooooo! And you're listening to sixty dollars flying out of your wallet and into Bethesda's!

As long as it's eadt coast. If it's bethesda holding the writing pen I'd rather they stay the hell away from the real fallout games in the west. All I'm hoping from them is that it's better than Skyrim. That shouldnt be too hard, right?

Surely this makes him Four Dog now? Or is that not how this whole naming idea works?

Three Dog could work in Fallout 4, even if it doesn't take place in the capital wasteland.

Satellite radio anyone? Maybe he managed to get an old satellite to send his signal all across the states. I mean if there can be a satellite that is essentially an orbital death laser in New Vegas I think it's plausible that getting satellite radio will happen.

Hey, awesome, another chance to stuff 20 lit sticks of dynamite down his pants.

I feel this is in order.

All hail 3-Dog, glorious DJ of the atomic wastes and player of catchy 50s music.

Seriously, I'd love to see him come back for a sequel. Perhaps they're setting the next game in New York? Then again, that city's been incredibly overused in gaming.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tmande2nd:

Let's just imagine how many factors they'd have to count over. It'd be absolutely ridicilous. It isn't just your typical Mass Effect "This special guy dies or lives", with the freedom Bethsoft games offer comes the minuses of bugs and sometimes lack of details. But it's a price I'm more than willing to play for the great games they make (I still remember being just AMAZED that I could enter every house in Oblivion).

Nonsensical.

Fallout New Vegas was so far above Fallout 3 in every respect imaginable it's not even funny. EVERYTHING MADE MORE SENSE, for starters. Fallout 3 collapses under the tiniest bit of scrutiny.

As for Fallout 4 ... well, as others have expressed, I would much rather have Obsidian handling the story.

This is gonna suck...really badly.

Me55enger:

Fallout 3 was totally mind-blowingly amazing. NV was like the mutated half-creature of that binary.

hewhosaysfish:

tmande2nd:

Ah, that's it!

I was thinking I remembered seeing him die but I couldn't remember where. Can't wait till Fallout 3 Spoiler Warning is rereleased on youtube to watch it all again.

This is good news to me, I enjoyed 3-Dog much more than Mr New Vegas or what ever he was called.

Oh god, please let it be true.

I would give anything for a Fallout 4. I already have my soul on a plate next to me ready for sacrifice. I also have a plastic baggie filled with goat blood if needed.

So, yes, Fallout 4. Let's make it happen, Bethesda

...and remember, don't feed the Yao Guai.

Cripes, people, are your really going to No Mutants Allowed all over this Fallout thread and miss the important bit? MORE THREE DOG! AWOOOOOOOO!

...okay, might have been overblown, but still! I loved Three Dog in F3, largely because he was an actual character with motivations and desires that fit the theme of the game. F:NV was a blast, but I felt a stronger tie to the radio channels in F3 because they felt more personalized. As for which game is better or where it should be, who should write the story, etc, etc... doesn't matter to me worth a damn. Loved both games and looking forward to where this ends up. Boston, New York, San Fran, Toronto, London, Tokyo, Frostbite Falls, doesn't matter to me. I will be there day 1, preorder recipt in hand, as always.

tmande2nd:

Why didn't you just change the station and listen to the voice of your President, John Henry Eden. He's the heart and soul of the Enclave- that is to say, the heart and soul of Fallout 3.

Jorec:
Three Dog could work in Fallout 4, even if it doesn't take place in the capital wasteland.

Satellite radio anyone? Maybe he managed to get an old satellite to send his signal all across the states. I mean if there can be a satellite that is essentially an orbital death laser in New Vegas I think it's plausible that getting satellite radio will happen.

That is what I'm hoping (or maybe he just moved and/or was ordered to broadcast somewhere else by the Brotherhood). I really don't want to go back to Washington.

Awesome! Well mostly...Is there a petition to get the next Fallout on the Wii U yet? The gamepad would make for an awesome real-time Pipboy for example...I'm just going to stop typing now and wait.

Also I agree with the people hoping for Fallout: San Francisco. If only for a chance at referencing The Room.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here