ABC Fast Tracks Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. Series

Pages PREV 1 2

electric method:

zdog jr:

electric method:
Oh for pete's sake. No, just no. A million times no. A hundred million times no. I give props where props are due. Joss Whedon has made some seriously awesome original series. That being said, anything he touches that is not his own creation is attrocious. Remember he is the guy that singlehandedly destroyed the Alien franchise with Alien: Resurection. Get him to make an original series.. or even reboot firefly.

Yet the Avenger's was pretty awesome while not his own creation.

The action was awesome, yes. The characterizations were down right bad. Often characters would do things/say things that were not in keeping with their established characters from the earlier movies.

Well, yes. This is called "character development". The characters in Avengers aren't exactly the same characters from their earlier movies because they've changed since then. Like Stark becoming more of a team player, Banner being more controlled, Cap being angrier and more depressed and so forth.

Cyfu:

IanDavis:
Might we see a Whedon show that lasts more than two seasons? Superhero shows don't do too well on TV. Then again, that's because most of them suck.

Buffy the vampire slayer lasted 7 seasons. and I'm pretty sure that's joss whedon.

OT:
I'm a huge fan of Joss Whedon so I can't help looking forward to this.

Well, Buffy and it's spin-off Angel weren't on FOX, so that's a plus. And I think ABC really, really wants a sci-fi show and will stick with it in the long run. I am super-psyched for S.H.I.E.L.D.! Will any classic agents show up? We have to see the fate of Dum-dum Duggan!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here