Ubisoft Picks Short Film Writer For Assassin's Creed

Ubisoft Picks Short Film Writer For Assassin's Creed

Michael Lesslie's not a name you're going to know, unless you like Moroccan heavy metal.

Ubisoft has asked British writer Michael Lesslie to pen its Assassin's Creed flick - with Michael Fassbender in the lead, mark you - though his film experience is limited. Mainly short scripts, like the one you see here, Heavy Metal Drummer; Lesslie wrote that back in 2005. It was his debut. Gaze upon the bland malevolence of a pint-sized Ned Flanders, and wonder what it'd be like if you were stuck in Morocco, thousands of miles from your dream job.

He's an Oxford grad with significant stage experience, but not much else, so this is something of a gamble for Ubisoft. Not that Ubisoft's leery of gambles; after all, it's the studio that hired Luc Besson's former film buddy to head up its Motion Pictures Unit, and which stubbornly holds onto creative control, to avoid polluting the brand.

Good luck to Lesslie, and I hope he's a fast writer. This thing is set to hit the big screen in 2013 and, though it has a star, it hasn't got a director yet.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

More films with Michael Fassbender?
Yes please!

Also I've never heard of this guy but Kudos to Ubisoft for giving him a shot.

So is it going to be about Ezio or not? Stop teasing and tell us already
/sarcasm.

Seriously though good for Micheal, let's see if he's got what it takes to write a full length script.

Lets hope this rocks as the games tire me out but the story has kept me watching other friends play it just to see where it goes.

This movie would probably turn out better without a writer.

Well, that sounds good to me. I certainly prefer this new guy with some potential over someone like M. Night Shamamalalaladingdong or Uwe Boll. So yeah, good move, Ubisoft.

Does anyone else feel that there should be a hyphen in "short-film"?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here