Community Spotlight : PsychicTaco115

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Community Spotlight : PsychicTaco115

Many members of The Escapist recognize people solely based on their chosen avatar, and there are lots of polls in the forums to attest to that. When you change your avatar frequently, it can sometimes be difficult for other members to distinguish between you and the thousands of others hanging out around the site. To that end, today's community spotlight features PsychicTaco115, a user that's figured out a unique way of overcoming this problem. He changes his avatar regularly, and yet they remain recognizable. How does he do it? By placing a taco over whatever the focal point of the avatar is.

PsychicTaco115 is also contributing member of The Escapist community, having founded The Injustice League, a group that engages in rivalry for fun. While their initial goal to defeat The Brovengers seems to have settled down a bit, The Injustice League continues to be one of the most active user groups on the website today, despite boasting a total of only 48 members.

It was my pleasure to ask PsychicTaco115 about himself. Without further delay, here is that discussion.

1) How long have you been a member of The Escapist, and what about the site brought you here?

At the time of writing, I'll have been a member for about 10 months on The Escapist.

What brought me here was simply coincidence. I was watching an old review of Linkara's (The Dark Knight Strikes Again, to be exact) where someone in the comments mentioned Yahtzee and Zero Punctuation. Being the curious one, I looked them up, enjoyed the content and made an account.

2) What is your favorite current Escapist feature?

I can't name just one, don't make me >.>

3) You formed the Injustice League. What made that happen? What are its aims and goals? Let us know what it's all about!

We're working on the official history, but here's the short version:

Basically, me Lucem712 and Herzog Wyrmsyn were all part of the "Escapist Pen Pal Program", talking about how fun having an evil league could be. I messaged Daystar who at the time was forming the Brovengers saying "Hey, we're an evil group GRRRRRR."

The rest, of course, is history

4) What has your job experience been like? Any interesting stories?

So far, I've worked as a lifeguard and neighborhood swim team coach for two summers now. One of my most vivid memories includes making a come from behind victory for the coaches relay one meet, with all the kids cheering my name. Felt good.

5) In your free time, apart from browsing The Escapist, what do you do with yourself?

When there's time to be had, I enjoy reading, swimming and riffing movies. Especially riffing movies.

6) Do you have a favorite game/movie/band/painting/etc. that you'd like more people to be aware of?

Voltaire and Creature Feature are two musicians that I feel deserve more recognition

I'd also like to have Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas get some more love.

7) You have got to fill us in on this taco thing. Why do you replace the faces of all your avatars with tacos? Is it as simple as you really liking tacos?

When I first started here, I used relatively boring avatars, until one day I did a photoshop of the painting of God and Man about to touch. Since then, all avatars have had tacos on them (except for holiday ones). I don't know why I do it, it just became something I did for reasons.

I have to be honest though; I don't like tacos THAT much. They're good, not great.

8) Do you have any pets? What are they and what are their names?

I have a dog. Her name's Piper and she's a Jack-Russel Terrier mix. If you notice closely, her brown fur spot looks like a heart!

9) Where do you see yourself in five years' time? Do you have any goals that need fulfilling?

Around that time, I'll be finishing college so I "should" be getting a job sometime soon, hopefully dealing with film.

For goals, I really want to do a roadtrip and see other Escapists along the way, as well as start my own web series (which the college education should help!).

If you would like to nominate someone for an upcoming Community Spotlight, feel free to let me, Marter, know through a PM or by posting in the official thread or user group! When nominating, please tell us why this user deserves to be in the next Community Spotlight and provide links if possible.

GLORIOUS LEADER! ALL HAIL!

Nice on PT. :P
Now Marter can't be accused to favouritism.

Hey, it's Taco!

I'm glad he got one, despite being in that dirty Injustice League and he's a good guy.

Hopefully more shenanigans will ensue the next time we meet at the Expo.

Fiz_The_Toaster:
Hey, it's Taco!

I'm glad he got one, despite being in that dirty Injustice League and he's a good guy.

There will be so many shenanigans. We need to get more hot cosplay chicks to eat out of his taco head again! I love seeing him squirm!

Also, good job Marter! Has Nas handed over the reins for these spotlights to you?

YOU >:(
I've told you, those aren't tacos they are a Tex-Mex thing, real Mexican tacos are different, and well there are way too many to list, you should come to México and try the real thing before saying they aren't great.

Good interview, but who's the guy on the photo? Marter, is that you? I can tell it's not PstychicTaco, since there is the guy has a normal head, so that leaves only you Marter. Or alternatively, it's a random guy.

Congratulations Taco.
Expand the ranks of the Injustice League.
That was the plan all along wasn't it?

Fappy:

Fiz_The_Toaster:
Hey, it's Taco!

There will be so many shenanigans. We need to get more hot cosplay chicks to eat out of his taco head again! I love seeing him squirm!

Also, good job Marter! Has Nas handed over the reins for these spotlights to you?

We need to find those D20 girls again, and throw him into the anime girl pit.

watch him squirm! All the Squirm!

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Fappy:

Fiz_The_Toaster:
Hey, it's Taco!

We need to find those D20 girls again, and throw him into the anime girl pit.

watch him squirm! All the Squirm!

Here's some fresh context for what these two are saying

Why must I squirm? <.<

Well congratulations Taco me lad. You've made the forums brighter with your hilarious tex-mex taco-esque avatars.

Good for you and congrats. :D

*throws confetti*

Hooray finally you get some deserved recognition :)

Congrats Taco. Also did you take that photo specifically for this... you posted it before and I thought it was because you were showing how chlorine makes your hair lighter. I mean super secret evil stuff!

You're never gonna shutup about this now are you XD

Who's the guy in the photo?

That isn't a Taco.

Where is Taco!

thats great.

now i can show my army of psychotic killer monkeys how the proper target looks like.

muahahahahaha

also fixed

I have respect for someone who likes getting creative with their avatars and you, PsychicTaco115, have fine taste in such.

Now I get to see the man behind the taco, and honestly I wouldn't of expected you to be a human (ppft I kid..) but seriously props to you on saving lives by being a lifeguard, that's a very responsible task at hand. Also I too, hope to complete college within the five upcoming years. I've gotten 18 credits done, just 13 more to go really.

Anyhow congrats to getting the spotlight man, you've earned it! :}

Congrats on the spotlight!

Also, I think I'll leave this right...

here.

Congratulations Taco, finally the glorious Injustice League and it's leader get the recognition they deserve! Your loyal captain of the henchmen will stay here in the shadows guarding your back >.>

Congrats, friendo! Definitely deserved!

Woot for the small shout out to the Injustice League and I! :D /ego

Daystar Clarion:
Who's the guy in the photo?

That isn't a Taco.

Where is Taco!

Tis a disguise! Brilliant, isn't it!

I thought i remembered the name from somewhere

many congrats taco. i feel like a song is order to celebrate your success.

rhizhim:
thats great.

now i can show my army of psychotic killer monkeys how the proper target looks like.

muahahahahaha

also fixed

Aha! Much more recognizable!

Also, congrats Taco!

Hey, good to hear about you Taco! I see you in Forum Games a lot more these days. :P

I have to be honest though; I don't like tacos THAT much. They're good, not great.

I don't like tacos THAT much. They're good, not great.

They're good, not great.

Seriously, you should face a firing squad for uttering such blasphemous words. Until that time comes, congrats on the tacos Community Spotlight.

Yet another person to go on my 'confirmed to be better than me hit list'

rhizhim:

also fixed

Much better.

Anyway, congratulations on the Spotlight, you would deserve it for the Taco avatars along, never mind that you're also fun on the forums too =D Some of them are brilliant, like the Dead Island Statue one XD

Let's party! lol. Congrats on your deserved recognition.

Who suggested Taco anyways?

Someone I actually know and like! WOOT!

I love you man, that was a fantastic interview and it was very informative. :)

Did anyone else see "Paulie" as a kid? Every single time I see your avatar floating around, I picture three parrots saying Taco Taco Taco.

...that's not weird, right? That's....that's normal.

Congrats Taco! The fact that you don't like tacos that much surprised me a little. But it's all forgiven, as long as we continue the war on Daystar...

Marter:

3) You formed the Injustice League. What made that happen? What are its aims and goals? Let us know what it's all about!

We're working on the official history, but here's the short version:

Basically, me Lucem712 and Herzog Wyrmsyn were all part of the "Escapist Pen Pal Program", talking about how fun having an evil league could be. I messaged Daystar who at the time was forming the Brovengers saying "Hey, we're an evil group GRRRRRR."

The rest, of course, is history

I don't know why I'm surprised to have our villainous leader plagiarizing me.

Congratulations, entree boy! I'll forgive you the plagiarism since it proves that you haven't gone weak and because it might benefit our recruiting stats. ;)

This smells of trolling. Im joining up today!
Harr, for my egoistic wishes chaos and freedom!

Hey! I met that guy! ;)

Keep up the Avatars PT, we (well... I ) really enjoy them.

Things like this put my faith back in humanity. Taco bagus!

rhizhim:
thats great.

muahahahahaha

also fixed

GLORIOUS!!

That picture made me laugh :,)

Also still no one in the community spotlight I haven't recognized...
Wonder who'll be the first >:)

Hurrah for the taco one! Good spotlight as always!

Just remember you're part of my outlaw crew Taco and your new found fame will cost you.
I expect half of those flowers and 75% of whatever reward you get.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here