Skyrim DLC Dump Hits PS3 Next Month (Probably)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Skyrim DLC Dump Hits PS3 Next Month (Probably)

PlayStation 3 owners "should" finally get their hands on Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawnguard in February.

You PS3 types have been waiting a long time for the cavalcade of Skyrim DLC that Xbox 360 owners have been enjoying since, oh, last summer, and now it's finally here! Well, almost. Probably. It's not quite carved in stone, but Bethesda seems pretty optimistic that you'll get your hot little hands on it in February.

"Dragonborn will be the first add-on arriving on PSN in February. Hearthfire will release next, followed by Dawnguard, and all three should be out in February," the studio said. "The 1.8 update will also release, just prior to Dragonborn."

Whenever it arrives, Bethesda will offer all three DLC packages at half-price during their first week of launch on the PlayStation Network. Yes, as you may have noticed, the order of release on the PS3 does appear to be reverse that of the Xbox 360, and no, I have no idea why, although I can't see why it would really matter in the grand scheme of things. You should just be happy you're getting it at all! Right?

Bethesda also announced today that the PC version of Dragonborn, the third and latest DLC release for Skyrim, will hit Steam on February 5.

Skyrim taught me to never buy a Bethesda game new.

Way to go guys.

Tanis:

Way to go guys.

Actually what Skyrim should have told you was never buy a Bethesda game on a console.

I could imagine a lot of PC Skyrim gamers wouldn't care much due to their inherent advantages (though some would probably complain anyway). This whole thing has just flat-out sucked for PS3 owners.

Why is it only AFTER the Mayan deadline that we keep seeing signs of the Apocalypse?

Akisa:

Tanis:

Way to go guys.

Actually what Skyrim should have told you was never buy a Bethesda game on a console.

Actually, Fallout should have taught you that :P

You know Bethesda? You wanna know how to make us PS3 players happy?

Offer it to us for free for the first X weeks and then put a price on it. That way, PS3 sales of Skyrim will rise for the time being and you get your money.

I don't give a single fuck anymore. After playing better games than Skyrim (Dark Souls, even though the comparison falls apart in some areas), I can't go back unless the prospect of mods cheer me up. I don't play with mods unless I'm really bored, but Skyrim bored me so much that I uninstalled it before considering mods. I'm not gonna reinstall it either until they compensate for us PC and PS3 players.

Too little, too late Beth. Tired of you being the special little snowflake in terms of cross platform problems where so many other publishers and dev teams had no trouble at all.

Is it not too little too late at this point, as the Right Honourable GK already stated above? 14 months after the game comes out is a long time Bethesda.

Akisa:

Also, quoting for truth!

Now tell us it won't be so buggy it isn't worth getting. Hell, they still haven't fixed the vampire texture bugs yet for the character going bald if you try wearing a thieves guild hood, and that's existed since the game started. Nor the "dirty face" issue for vampires in general.

I have considered getting the game on PS3 or waiting for the GOTY version (sold all my Xbox games, played it on there before) but I'm not touching it until the vampire bugs are all sorted.

FINALLY! Dragonborn is coming to PC!

The way Bethesda treats the PS3 players is disgusting. Half Price? With the quality that version they should at least give one of the DLCs away for free as an apology.

Sheesh, Bethesda gets to much crap these days, and I am a PS3 owner. Better late than never I always say. I am just glad to get a release date.

So PS3 is finally (probably) getting the DLC, and people are still bitching up a storm?

Christ, guys.

I for one am excited, and relieved, that I finally get to play Dawnguard and Dragonborn. (Hearthfire... eh.)

EcoEclipse:
So PS3 is finally (probably) getting the DLC, and people are still bitching up a storm?

Christ, guys.

I for one am excited, and relieved, that I finally get to play Dawnguard and Dragonborn. (Hearthfire... eh.)

Quoted for truth.

Everyone absolutely loved Bethesda until Dawnguard came out. Then all of a sudden everyone jumped on the hate wagon. Sure they are not above criticism, but I for one think that unless they really screw up big time, they are not deserving of this kind of ire.

Wait? Skyrim exists on other platforms than PC?

Bwahaha, that's hilarious. You guys are still playing with all these bugs?

There's only one reason to buy Bethesda's DLCs, if your favorite mod's newest version requires it.
There's only one platform to buy Bethesda games, PC.

For all other games I'm not nearly this PC-elitist, but the sheer amount of mods that get made for Bethesda games is of such a quantity and quality that it's basically like missing out on not just 3 DLCs but several dozen of them, you're just missing out on so much content.

SirBryghtside:
Yay, release date! Have to clear my calendar :D

If I were you, I'd have some self-respect and I wouldn't buy this. Or Bethesda will continue to cornhole you for having a PS3.

Yay for ps3 and pc owners!
Too bad my ps3 copy stopped working :(

Then again I got the xbox version for cheap and got free dlc from my friends!

Smolderin:

EcoEclipse:

Christ, guys.

Quoted for truth.

Everyone absolutely loved Bethesda until Dawnguard came out. Then all of a sudden everyone jumped on the hate wagon. Sure they are not above criticism, but I for one think that unless they really screw up big time, they are not deserving of this kind of ire.

They released a fundamentally broken game on 1/3rd of the platforms.

They repeatedly screw over PS3 users with their games, from Fallout 3, to New Vegas to Skyrim.

Also the ending of Fallout 3 is enough for me to dislike them now and figure they deserve whatever ire they get. It was worse than the ME3 ending, because you had to pay $15 to get the real ending, that wasn't completely retarded. "You have that radiation resistant super mutant right next to you? $15 TO MAKE THE LOGICAL CHOICE LOLOLOLOL!"

That's the worst kind of DLC.

Frostbite3789:

Smolderin:

EcoEclipse:

Christ, guys.

Quoted for truth.

They released a fundamentally broken game on 1/3rd of the platforms.

They repeatedly screw over PS3 users with their games, from Fallout 3, to New Vegas to Skyrim.

Also the ending of Fallout 3 is enough for me to dislike them now and figure they deserve whatever ire they get. It was worse than the ME3 ending, because you had to pay $15 to get the real ending, that wasn't completely retarded. "You have that radiation resistant super mutant right next to you? $15 TO MAKE THE LOGICAL CHOICE LOLOLOLOL!"

That's the worst kind of DLC.

From what I have played, I would say I had more issues with Oblivion and Morrowind at release than I did with Skyrim. For me it was entirely stable save for a few immersion breaking glitches. Plus with games as large as Skyrim, there are bound to be glitches, comes with the territory I suppose.

It really is unfortunate with the PS3, and I can understand people's anger concerning that, but just like me, Bethesda can't please everybody. Being a PS3 owner myself, I am just glad we are getting the DLC's at all.

And concerning the ending of Fallout 3...well...that's your opinion. To me it isn't much of a big deal considering narrative wasn't Fallout's strongest element. Still, it is bullcrap that they did that, and it should be pointed out, but that said, that alone isn't worth the hate there getting.

I am just happy that finally someone noted that it said should, not will. No one should trust them until it is actually up on the PSN. That being said, it is strange that they delayed the PC for so long. I get they hate ps3, but now their bread and butter?

So the moral of the story that I've gathered is that I shouldn't have bought Skyrim for my PS3 and that I should've bought it for PC...?

Assuming this is coming out when they say it is I'm not getting it until I'm aware of all the bugs that are in it, and how it plays. Even then that's not really a guarantee that I will get it considering how they've handled this whole thing.

Awesome job guys.

Okay, I have Skyrim PS3, and yes I am annoyed that they screwed us over...but I'm still playing Skyrim PS3 more than a year after release, I played it today, and I will probably buy this too...it's a brilliant game.

I do kinda wish they'd give us more to make up for it, I mean I wouldn't mind getting a free Skyrim background as well.

The should give it away for free in the first week, and that's at least.

I'd love to know who the hell makes up all this marketing idea's for most AAA companies these days, 80% should be fired on the spot.

Sounds good to me. Of course, I'm not going to believe it until the thing is actually out on the PS3, but I would like to start up Skyrim again.

Nice, I'll have to buy all three for my bro when they come out.

Too bad I lost interest in Skrim after half a year, or else I would be picking these up.

But I still commend Beth-y for actually trying to get the DLC to PS3.

Maybe in the future they'll try to handle these types of situations more carefully, because I know that I WILL NOT wait longer than I should to get my hands on some Fallout 4 DLC.

:D Not going to get it! :p

I will wait until all the dlc can be bought in one buy. If they had it out on time I would have bought them all then.

:D Now I can just wait, and save money. Unless I get a lot of spare money by then.
I am glad that they are getting it to PS3 though.

Still just gonna wait for the goty edition to come out. Hopefully they'll make that cheaper aswell because I still feel fucked over.

I don't understand why some PS3 users are saying that they are entitled to have some of the DLC for free, simply because it came far later than promised. If I'm told that a book I want is going to be on sale in my country in February, but then it doesn't become available until a year later, does that mean that it should be given away for free when it finally does show up in the store? Just because people in other countries have already had it for a year?

Doom972:
The way Bethesda treats the PS3 players is disgusting. Half Price? With the quality that version they should at least give one of the DLCs away for free as an apology.

Are you joking or being serious? My sarcasm detector is a little off today.

They need to rethink that half price for one week idea. I haven't played Skyrim for so long that it's just not something that I'm thinking about anymore. I'm going to miss that week unless I happen to see an article here just like I saw this one. Then I'm going to be doubly mad: mad that I had to wait so long and mad that my long wait wasn't in any way rewarded because I missed a deadline for the reward.

Doom972:

I agree. Why don't they just give Hearthfire away for free? It's just new houses and a generic kid, but it might be enough to renew my interest in the game.

Is there even anyone left playing Skyrim on consoles at this point?

Well I'm glad they have a release date for PC. Honestly why would you buy Skyrim on a console? Almost any new cheap PC can run it and if your desperate plug your computer into the TV and a controller into your computer and enjoy the graphical bounty that is a modded Skyrim like you would with a console.

Still going to sit & wait for a GOTYE will all of it together. This is the longest I've ever waited to play a game, but I'm stubborn & patient.

Yeah because I won't be busy playing games like Bioshock Infinite, MG Rising, Dark Souls STILL!!! DAT FRIKIN REPLAY VALUE!!!!!, The Walking Dead, and Sec Ops The Line.

Guess I'm gonna have to sell my soul to the devil to have the balls to return to that boring game for one last adventure... gonna need a lot of souls.

(probably)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or