Skyrim DLC Dump Hits PS3 Next Month (Probably)

Pages PREV 1 2

Still going to sit & wait for a GOTYE will all of it together. This is the longest I've ever waited to play a game, but I'm stubborn & patient.

Yeah because I won't be busy playing games like Bioshock Infinite, MG Rising, Dark Souls STILL!!! DAT FRIKIN REPLAY VALUE!!!!!, The Walking Dead, and Sec Ops The Line.

Guess I'm gonna have to sell my soul to the devil to have the balls to return to that boring game for one last adventure... gonna need a lot of souls.

(probably)

People still play Skyrim? I might have given a single damn if they had actually cared to release it, I don't know, within a year of the game like they did for everyone else. I just don't buy that it was hard to do or whatever the excuse was. I've just moved along and don't have any interest in starting to try to convince myself that the game's bugs are worth putting up with in order to play it again.

PlasticLion:
They need to rethink that half price for one week idea. I haven't played Skyrim for so long that it's just not something that I'm thinking about anymore. I'm going to miss that week unless I happen to see an article here just like I saw this one. Then I'm going to be doubly mad: mad that I had to wait so long and mad that my long wait wasn't in any way rewarded because I missed a deadline for the reward.

Doom972:
The way Bethesda treats the PS3 players is disgusting. Half Price? With the quality that version they should at least give one of the DLCs away for free as an apology.

I agree. Why don't they just give Hearthfire away for free? It's just new houses and a generic kid, but it might be enough to renew my interest in the game.

Well there we are, two people with the same idea as me. Hearthfire was already like a mini-DLC compared to the other, bigger ones, in terms of price and the amount of content. Other gamers can get all smug about "entitlement", but the fact is we got shafted while others were already enjoying this content, and we need more motivation to fill Bethesda's pockets more. That's what this is, when you think about it; giving us the PRIVILEGE of ONLY handing over 50% of the money they expect from us, and only if we hurry! Buy buy buy, spend spend spend before the deal runs out and oh by the way no amount of cash in their pockets is going to make the PS3 version any less inferior to the other two machines you could have bought it for.

I know the blame could lie on any number of shoulders, but if they really want to regain some positive feelings from the 1/3 of their audience that was let down, they need to either give us Hearthfire free or have the "half-off week" last more than a stinking week! 50% off for a week is a lot of potential income for them, and I understand that, but for the average buyer it's not that big of a difference.
$25 for the three of them? That money could buy a whole new game. Probably one with a lot less bugs.

There's also ANOTHER problem; my main character in Skyrim is currently borked, because I can't get Legate Rikke to give me the next part of the Civil War quest. That's one of the two biggest questlines in vanilla Skyrim, and the one I have to complete before I can buy the house I want in Windhelm. I'm already angry about that. What's the point of continuing with Skyrim in that situation?

Bethesda. I want to want this.
I don't want to disappointed with you, or stuck in my game. I want to give you my money for more fun in Skyrim. Make it an easy decision!

GunsmithKitten:
Too little, too late Beth. Tired of you being the special little snowflake in terms of cross platform problems where so many other publishers and dev teams had no trouble at all.

That's more so on the fault of Microsoft than Bethesda (although they're at fault as well). It's bullshit that multi-platform titles keep agreeing to Microsoft's retarded policy of limited exclusivity.

I was going to buy it all. But then I got new games and my interest in Skyrim kind of faded. And I now don't have the money to buy them, even at half price. Maybe I'll get Dawnguard and Dragonborn one day. I would like to know what took so long though.

Skyrim plus a few Fan-Patches and Better Magic is THE game of the year. Unfortunately Bethesda can't quite deal with glitches, the good news is they can create something awesome once the glitches are peeled away like so many layers of an onion.

I'm just glad the DLC is coming at all, and that i can stop checking the steam store every day to see if it has been released. My wallet thanks you Bethesda.

Longstreet:
The should give it away for free in the first week, and that's at least.

I'd love to know who the hell makes up all this marketing idea's for most AAA companies these days, 80% should be fired on the spot.

yes by all means. Bethesda should see ablsolutely no return for the vast majority of PS3 sales on the product the have slaved months over to get working when they could far more easily have left the PS3 players out of the DLC picture altogether. I get PS3 has had a lot of issues with Skyrim and they deserve to be compensated (1/2 price seems fairly good to me), but to expect Bethesda to get no money for *extra* content and months of work seems rather rediculous.

It brings me great sadness that this is the final piece of DLC for Skyrim.

Gee, wonder when actualy fixing the damn game is sceduled. Havnt gotten my PC version to work without rampant crashing since they released the 1st DLC.

Smolderin:

Quoted for truth.

Everyone absolutely loved Bethesda until Dawnguard came out. Then all of a sudden everyone jumped on the hate wagon. Sure they are not above criticism, but I for one think that unless they really screw up big time, they are not deserving of this kind of ire.

"Everyone absolutely loved Dave until he punched that Woman in the face."
See how that excuse falls a bit flat?
You are loved, then you fuck up, then you're not so loved.

And yeah, PS3 owners really got fucked over, hell even by the release dates on their own.

Sizzle Montyjing:

Smolderin:

Quoted for truth.

Everyone absolutely loved Bethesda until Dawnguard came out. Then all of a sudden everyone jumped on the hate wagon. Sure they are not above criticism, but I for one think that unless they really screw up big time, they are not deserving of this kind of ire.

"Everyone absolutely loved Dave until he punched that Woman in the face."
See how that excuse falls a bit flat?
You are loved, then you fuck up, then you're not so loved.

And yeah, PS3 owners really got fucked over, hell even by the release dates on their own.

Oh sure. They fucked up. But honestly, they didn't fuck up big time. Iv'e seen no good examples of lying to their customers, no good examples of obvious attempts to scam people out of their money, no Capcom esque on disc DLC bull crap....They have done nothing to anger me...and of course...once again, I am a PS3 owner. I feel ya'll's pain, I really do, but for the love of god, what they have done is not that big of an issue.

Most of what people are angry at are the release dates, which if you look at it from my perspective, is ridiculously petty.

Whatever, I don't even know why I opened up my mouth, I knew I would get this sort of response. Screw it, until Bethesda gives me the middle finger straight in my face, I am going to play me some more Fallout and Skyrim....and Dishonored...mostly Dishonored (yes, I know they didn't develop it...)

Sorry bethesda already sold your shitty port of Skyrim.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here