Your White House Petition is Bad and You Should Feel Bad

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Where the fuck are my 3D Doritos?

Do you think the White House has started treating this petition thing like a joke now?

Zachary Amaranth:
Vermont?

VERMONT?

Damn it, why do you have to do this to me, Vermonters? It's bad enough I have to put up with being labeled a secessionist, now I'm going to be from the crazy gamer state.

Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw it the other day too...

My comments were something along the lines of "Wait, what's this? The release of this game didn't retroactively remove the existence of the four games before it?"

I stick by that now.

So - the economy is in the pits, medical care is awful, foreclosures are still a thing, people think automatic weapons are a good means of protecting their pocket Chihuahua and meaningless knickknacks from real or imagined would-be burglars - and THIS is what you make a petition for.

I want to personally meet the petition's author so that I can slap him upside the head with my Old Victorian Headmaster's wooden ruler. As this qualifies as shenanigans, and I will not abide by shenanigans.

Either that or I want to staple a sheet with "#FirstWorldProblems" printed in bold Arial, size 35 in fluorescent pink to his shirt.

Phlakes:
Holy shit, people really got this worked up about it?

I'm not a fan of hack and slash games, but I just might have to get this one.

I think the users review score is fairly decent considering its a reboot of a series that has never been any good.

And petitions like this is why a real democracy would never work.

Absolutely love some of the overreaction going on here.

"This is sickening, the worst thing to happen in the history of ever, PURGE THE HERETIC WITH FIRE".

I get the feeling that if this was a few centuries ago, some folk here would be seen regularly in large groups with a pitchfork and torch.

At first I was thinking that no government would actually be willing to pull a consumer product off the face of the map, because some people dont like it. After seeing it updated to being removed, I guess I was right.
But I wouldn't doubt it if some people tried to use it to get twinkies back.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here