Users Say Ounah to the Ouya's Controller

Pages PREV 1 2

AndrewC:
I don't understand the whole "360's d-pad sucks" - seems fine to me.

Seems less like a d-pad and more like a REALLY shit analog stick. It's all one nearly flat lump of cheap plastic instead of 4 directional buttons. It's no wonder hardly any games have actions bound to the d-pad, and never are those actions important.

CardinalPiggles:

AndrewC:
I don't understand the whole "360's d-pad sucks" - seems fine to me.

Seems less like a d-pad and more like a REALLY shit analog stick. It's all one nearly flat lump of cheap plastic instead of 4 directional buttons. It's no wonder hardly any games have actions bound to the d-pad, and never are those actions important.

I loved the d-pad while playing Oblivion. It allowed me to hot-key 8 spells. Can't say I've used it for much else though.

KoudelkaMorgan:
Just like the N-Gage

The N-Gage was just ahead of its time. It was basically one of the first Smartphones,(there may have been others earlier, so please correct me if i'm wrong) which pretty much everyone has now.

The Ouya isn't your daddies console. Whether or not it will fail is yet to be seen, but I predict that even if it fails, somewhere down the line all consoles will be like the Ouya, (Standardized OS, can play all games regardless of hardware or manufacturer)

Adeptus Aspartem:
But i liked the N64 controller :<

I actually never found out why, but i did!

'cause it looked like a spaceship, I bet

RJ 17:
Apparently I missed the memo......but what the fuck is this "Ouya"? A new console, obviously...but beyond that. Or is that all you really need to know about it?

It's a hundred-dollar console that's being developed primarily in order to offer a cheap and affordable solution for gaming. I'd consider it as a decent "entry level" console for kids, for instance, or for undecided casual gamers.

From what we know, it's primarily designed to run games along the lines of what you'll see on the iOS. A lot of free stuff, fairly cheap retail titles, lots of free-to-play titles.

erttheking:
One thing about this system that kinda bugs me, didn't one of the play testers say that it wasn't that powerful? And in order to get the best out of it you had to be the type of person that likes to upgrade their equipment a lot? Because I am not that type of person.

It's a soldered down android board. How exactly are you going to upgrade it?

Sacman:
Here's what the Ouya needs...<.<

every system needs the Xwing...<.<

No it doesn't. It is not a comfortable controller for folks with large hands.

OT: I'm glad they are making their controller better. The old one was just silly.

I've owned exactly one controller in which I used the Disc-style D-pad as a main control...and it eventually snapped off.
Cheap piece of shit...

Definitely go with an inline-cross. It's a much better design.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here