BioWare Teases New Mass Effect 3 DLC

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

What Bioware did when I wanted more time with Mass Effect 2 characters and made the ending D.R.M that relied on D.L.C and or multiplayer.

My reaction.

To the people who think I only had issue with the ending.

Aside from the multiplayer issues I have with Mass effect three I've included a video that demonstrates my other problems with the game.

So In reality I'm not even interested in a new " D.L.C " I've been through with this game for some time now.

( I'm not going to reply to " Quotes " ).

I had no problem with Mass Effect 3, in fact, I thought it was a great game. I survived the ending fiasco, but after the waste of time/money/goodwill that was the Omega DLC, I'm done. I just don't care anymore. They've taken my love and turned it into apathy.

Cap: 'It is different'
No it isn't, captcha, no it isn't.

Andy Chalk:
I loved Mass Effect and I actually kind of liked the ending to Mass Effect 3, but I haven't touched any ME3 DLC. Because I know that no matter what happens, no matter what I do, there will be tragedy. There will be loss. I will have to watch old friends die, and I will have to say goodbye. It's kind of ironic; I stay away from the DLC because ME3 was just that good.

Its not really about being a fan Andy, rather about producing good journalism. I think it was after Leviathan that they mentioned that their DLC sales for ME3 were doing pretty strongly, the release of Omega after that was quite decent as well. Based on those two points alone there is nothing to assume that there arent players out there willing to buy it and experience the new content. Your article seems to infer that there is no one who is going to pick it up which flies in the face of info and trending we have so far.

Devoneaux:

Yes, however, I can't say I ever experienced a story that ended poorly and then felt like experiencing it a second time.

It's not about the destination it's about the journey you say? I say it's about BOTH

I'd say that, while I thought most of the seventh book was crap, I've reread the Harry Potter series like a dozen times to re-experience it.

It is about both. I was merely responding to someone who had offered that games were special snowflakes in this regard.

DVS BSTrD:
Oh look a gravity hammer, just in case we weren't sure Mass Effect had completely lost it's identity by now.

Took the words right out of my mouth, like, to the letter. Are you psychic?

Can we just call them "EA Canada" from now on? Calling them BioWare makes me sad. I'm taking a break from MMOs and am about to start a new ME3 playthrough, having taken a male paragon Shep from ME thru 2 to 3. Unless this is released in a matter of days I won't be playing it.

Good gameplay, shame everything else about it sucked. The biggest crime ME3 made IMO wasn't even the ending. It was that choice was gone, as was consequence. Decisions and outcomes from both previous instalments lost all meaning and value. Sell Legion to Cerberus? Get a hologram legion. Mordin dies on suicide mission, get alternate salarian. Wrex dies on Virmire, get different Clan Leader. Free the rachnii queen on Noveria, you get a number. Extinguish her species from the galaxy, mission plays the same way with fake queen. Tali exiled, she turns up in the same role anyway. What is the point in a single decision made if everything happens precisely the same way down the line?

wait wait wait wait...

People still play this thing?!
One play through was enough to get all the good parts of this game for me and even my friends who are staunch fans of Bioware and Mass Effect stopped after their second or third play.

I like Shamus Youngs (and cohorts whose names I forget) take in Spoiler warning on this game, there are only two or three missions that feel well executed and all the rest are just excuses to throw things at the player. All the side missions beyond collect item and get assets, are just teasers for multiplayer maps. You see characters you know and love abused horribly throughout, such as the disgusting death of Thane at the hands of a character who belongs in someone's fan fiction on deviant art instead of in the real storyline. They're wrap up and good byes that only work in one or two instances, the rest are "Hey Hey, remember this character, the one you realy love, aren't they cool?".

To this day I just have to say one line to people to carry across the full atrocity of this title "Biotic, Cyborg, Cerberus, super ninja from space". Tell me if you think that sounds like it belongs in ME or in a Star Ocean game and that's only a minor problem with the title, but one I think tells you all you need to know about the design team.

Does EA Bioware really think that this property is still worth milking after the rabid fan reaction? It's time to find new IP guys you killed this and it's starting to stink.

What a shock. A Mass Effect thread filled with bitching and moaning.

I for one welcome our new insect overlords more DLC. More time in Mass Effect is fine with me. And if it comes out before I finish my current play through of ME2, even better.

I haven't bought any of the ME3 DLC so far (in spite of buying all previous DLC for ME1 and ME2) since, due to the ending, I don't find myself wanting to play anything that's been offered. I'm hoping this DLC will change that. Colour me optimistic.

I got the ME Trilogy for Christmas, I'm going through all of the games again. While the ending does ruin the third game, I feel it will be sort of nice to play through the game again with some added content.
Hopefully it's not too expensive or too glichy...

I will buy it, BUT I grow weary of ME3DLC. Omega wassupposed to be awesome, and it was little more than a shooting gallery with phoned-in interpretation by the lead actress (Aria). I am sad to see the watering down of the franchise. How I like this Dlc will inform my decision on buying (or not) the next ME game.

Hey look! A Mass Effect 3 topic. Let's see how many replies we can scroll through before we find someone who's not moaning at the game for whatever reason!

OT I haven't played any of the DLC yet (aside from multiplayer and extended cut), not because of ME3 hate (I loved every--... nearly... every minute of it), just because I wanted to play some new games and give my favourite series a rest for 6 months or so. So I can't say I'm excited, but I will still download it, and, if it's more Mass Effect, probably love it.

erttheking:
the original ending for ME3 would take six more months to develop, would have multiple boss fights, and would show all of your war assets in action, from fleets, to squad mates, to fucking CONRAD VERNER! And Javik would play a major role too. Ugh. What happened Mass Effect?

jesus christ i would have waited another year just to see that

Jamaicob5:
Hey look! A Mass Effect 3 topic. Let's see how many replies we can scroll through before we find someone who's not moaning at the game for whatever reason!

OT I haven't played any of the DLC yet (aside from multiplayer and extended cut), not because of ME3 hate (I loved every--... nearly... every minute of it), just because I wanted to play some new games and give my favourite series a rest for 6 months or so. So I can't say I'm excited, but I will still download it, and, if it's more Mass Effect, probably love it.

People are not moaners for not liking the game

I think anyone that assumes that interest in the Mass Effect series, or any related DLC for Mass Effect 3 isnt strong anymore is mistaken. If the DLC is good it will sell, and sell well. I am personally looking forward to it. I have more fun playing the multiplayer than I do playing most any other multiplayer game, as well.

I think it would be great if instead of adding additional content on to the end of the game, the added supplement content to the beginning and middle of the game to account for some of the stuff they ignored in the original development of the game.

And I know that sounds like a jab, but I don't mean it as one.
I mean I payed 80$ for the collectors edition and got 1/5 of a game, But if they added one more fifth of the game, like a "What if Anderson was a councilor" DLC pack I would pay 10$ for that.
And another 10 for the "What if The Illusive Man remembered that Renegade Shepard was his buddy and actually helps this time" Pack.
And Hell I'd pay 20$ for a "This is what ACTUALLY happens if you left the council to die" pack

Then Mass Effect 3 would cease to be the worst game ever made and would become the most expensive just pretty disappointing game ever made.

Excellent....

No I mean it, you can bitch and moan all you want (it's your prerogative) but I've just finished a runthrough of ME2 with my new biotic "Lady Shepard" and am looking forward to getting tucked into ME3

Fantastic, can't wait for it to come out. Got a save on Me3 that I plan to a new game plus in order to access it; can't be bothered to do an other pre Me3 game run, again.

I'm just hoping that their DLC will be for World-Building in preparation for the next game. Possibly also the stuff that makes the ending easier to swallow. I liked the Ending I got from mass-effect, but if there had just been some foreshadowing it would be MUCH better.

erttheking:

Jamaicob5:

This game was released 11 months ago. Ever since it's release, it's had people complaining about the same things over and over again non-stop. Look up every single news article on the escapist about Mass Effect 3 from release date onwards. I can guarantee that the first few comments will be how much people hated this game. And at least once a month they'll be a thread about a certain thing in Mass Effect 3 people didn't like.
Now, it's fine people complaining about a game they didn't like. But to complain about the a game 11 months old with the same arguments every time it decides to pop up and give out some news is not just some people expressing their views on a subject.

Is this moaning? I'll let Captcha answer that:
"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

People can dislike Mass Effect 3, but don't bring out the hate parade like you've just seen the endings for the first time every time someone says something about the game.

Jamaicob5:

erttheking:

Jamaicob5:

This game was released 11 months ago. Ever since it's release, it's had people complaining about the same things over and over again non-stop. Look up every single news article on the escapist about Mass Effect 3 from release date onwards. I can guarantee that the first few comments will be how much people hated this game. And at least once a month they'll be a thread about a certain thing in Mass Effect 3 people didn't like.
Now, it's fine people complaining about a game they didn't like. But to complain about the a game 11 months old with the same arguments every time it decides to pop up and give out some news is not just some people expressing their views on a subject.

"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

People can dislike Mass Effect 3, but don't bring out the hate parade like you've just seen the endings for the first time every time someone says something about the game.

The only thing I took away from that is that you can't complain about things after a certain amount of time has passed, and it doesn't matter how many times an argument is reused, it doesn't make it any less balid.

If you don't want to hear about Casey Hudson's vision for Mass Effect anymore, just do what I do and don't give them your money or attention. What's done is done; move on and find another game to invest your emotions into.

erttheking:

Jamaicob5:

erttheking:

"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

The only thing I took away from that is that you can't complain about things after a certain amount of time has passed, and it doesn't matter how many times an argument is reused, it doesn't make it any less balid.

I never said they weren't valid complaints. But people who complain and complain and complain about the same game on every news article for almost a year are moaning. They nag, non stop. Do they even care about it anymore, or is it just a force of habit?

I don't think they don't have a right to complain, I was one of the people who campaigned for a new ending. But no matter how BioWare could of reacted to that, whether by changing the ending or by leaving it as it was, I would of forgotten about it by the end of the summer and got on with my life. And I did do that, by september I had no interest in the new, utterly pointless campaigns (the santa campaign was stupid beyond words), I didn't even care about any new DLC coming out.

Either find a new game or replay the series, hate BioWare or forgive them, it doesn't matter. Just don't think anyone cares that you hated ME3, because we've heard it all so many times it's sickening.

TaboriHK:
If you don't want to hear about Casey Hudson's vision for Mass Effect anymore, just do what I do and don't give them your money or attention. What's done is done; move on and find another game to invest your emotions into.

I wanted to quote this, partly because I agree, but mostly because I wanted to express my love for your choice of avatar/ music ;)

Jamaicob5:

erttheking:

Jamaicob5:

"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

I never said they weren't valid complaints. But people who complain and complain and complain about the same game on every news article for almost a year are moaning. They nag, non stop. Do they even care about it anymore, or is it just a force of habit?

I don't think they don't have a right to complain, I was one of the people who campaigned for a new ending. But no matter how BioWare could of reacted to that, whether by changing the ending or by leaving it as it was, I would of forgotten about it by the end of the summer and got on with my life. And I did do that, by september I had no interest in the new, utterly pointless campaigns (the santa campaign was stupid beyond words), I didn't even care about any new DLC coming out.

Either find a new game or replay the series, hate BioWare or forgive them, it doesn't matter. Just don't think anyone cares that you hated ME3, because we've heard it all so many times it's sickening.

Uh...yeah, pretty sure that they care

Yeah, but everyone else isn't you. Besides, if a game series take up five years of your life and it crashes and burns, you can't just "get over it" right away.

So in other words, don't voice your opinions and don't pressure Bioware to learn from them. I don't buy it.

erttheking:
Hey Krogan, the Brutes called, they want their

DVS BSTrD:
Oh look a gravity hammer, just incase we weren't sure Mass Effect had completely lost it's identity by now.

....DAMN IT! NINJAED! Well in their defense, Halo doesn't have sci-fi war hammers copyrighted

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Super_sledge

And Mass Effect has always made cool clubs (looking at you afterlife) but...yeah, they really backed themselves into a cormer with the ending. I'll pass. It doesn't help that apparently the original ending for ME3 would take six more months to develop, would have multiple boss fights, and would show all of your war assets in action, from fleets, to squad mates, to fucking CONRAD VERNER! And Javik would play a major role too. Ugh. What happened Mass Effect?

I think a certain group of genetically-engineered super soldiers would like a word with you about their Thunder Hammers :P

erttheking:

Jamaicob5:

erttheking:

Yeah, but everyone else isn't you. Besides, if a game series take up five years of your life and it crashes and burns, you can't just "get over it" right away.

So in other words, don't voice your opinions and don't pressure Bioware to learn from them. I don't buy it.

You're completely ignoring what I'm saying.

I hated BioWare for months for what they did. But at the end of the day, you can't hate a game, no matter how amazing it was, with such loathing passion for every day for an entire year.

At the end of the day, this is just a game. Sure, Mass Effect was an amazing series, extremely emotional, the only game that had ever made me truly care about the characters to the point I considered them friends, and more. And yes, this is a game series that people had invested in for 5 years. But it's only a game. A form of entertainment. It may have changed the people who played it (it certainly changed me), but it's still only a piece of entertainment produced for public consumption in exchange for money. Because it had a bad ending and some lazy design features does not warrant people complaining about it every single day for 11 months with the same hate. It's as if the game had stolen their girlfriend or got them fired by the way they have such loathing for it.

Now, I will say it again. READ CAREFULLY, because you always seem to miss out this vital point I've made in all of my posts: I think it's perfectly ok to hate the game. I think it's perfectly ok to say to BioWare "No, you made a shit game, I will not accept this." I think it's perfeclty reasonable to never buy a BioWare game again because of it. But do you have to tell everyone you're doing it every single day? Do you have to see a news article and write a 7 page essay on why you think Mass Effect 3 was a terrible game every time Mass Effect related news comes up?

If you don't like the game, you simply don't like it. You don't buy any more BioWare games, their sales drop, they realise they're doing wrong, they either change it or go bust. You could even contact them with constructive citisism, because that's always better than simply shouting in their face that they are worthless and terrible at making games. Or, you can continue playing BioWare games and enjoy it. It's your choice. But don't brag about your choice to hate the game every time some one says "Mass Effect 3."

Jamaicob5:

erttheking:

Jamaicob5:

I hated BioWare for months for what they did. But at the end of the day, you can't hate a game, no matter how amazing it was, with such loathing passion for every day for an entire year.

At the end of the day, this is just a game. Sure, Mass Effect was an amazing series, extremely emotional, the only game that had ever made me truly care about the characters to the point I considered them friends, and more. And yes, this is a game series that people had invested in for 5 years. But it's only a game. A form of entertainment. It may have changed the people who played it (it certainly changed me), but it's still only a piece of entertainment produced for public consumption in exchange for money. Because it had a bad ending and some lazy design features does not warrant people complaining about it every single day for 11 months with the same hate. It's as if the game had stolen their girlfriend or got them fired by the way they have such loathing for it.

Now, I will say it again. READ CAREFULLY, because you always seem to miss out this vital point I've made in all of my posts: I think it's perfectly ok to hate the game. I think it's perfectly ok to say to BioWare "No, you made a shit game, I will not accept this." I think it's perfeclty reasonable to never buy a BioWare game again because of it. But do you have to tell everyone you're doing it every single day? Do you have to see a news article and write a 7 page essay on why you think Mass Effect 3 was a terrible game every time Mass Effect related news comes up?

If you don't like the game, you simply don't like it. You don't buy any more BioWare games, their sales drop, they realise they're doing wrong, they either change it or go bust. You could even contact them with constructive citisism, because that's always better than simply shouting in their face that they are worthless and terrible at making games. Or, you can continue playing BioWare games and enjoy it. It's your choice. But don't brag about your choice to hate the game every time some one says "Mass Effect 3."

I wonder if the irony of you complaining about other people you think are complaining is lost on you...

You know if you think what people are doing here is useless complaining, then you didn't need to come in here and stand up on your big marble pedestal to decry our discussion. Just sayin' you really added nothing to the conversation.

Devoneaux:

Jamaicob5:

erttheking:

I wonder if the irony of you complaining about other people you think are complaining is lost on you...

You know if you think what people are doing here is useless complaining, then you didn't need to come in here and stand up on your big marble pedestal to decry our discussion. Just sayin' you really added nothing to the conversation.

Tell you what; I'll give you that one.

If EA would only let them make Jade Empire 2...

As long as Bioware gets let out of their development cave to make something, I suppose a long and agonizing death is better for milking out than a quick death

Ughh... I am so very weary of reading ME3 complaints... judging by these threads you'd think ME3 was actually bad or something.

All this DLC is awkward though, we're playing missions that I guess took place sometime in the middle of ME3 long after most of us have already played it through to the end. At least with ME2 you could continue playing the game after the credits but with ME3 the ending is pretty final.

If Bioware wasn't intending to end the Mass Effect series with ME3 they sure dug themselves into a hole.

Mike Richards:
Wave One: people complain about the ending.
Wave Two: people complain about EA and how they think Bioware is terrible now.
Wave Three: people complain about DLC.
Wave Four: people complain about the other people complaining.
Wave Five: people complain about having to see this whole debate get carried out yet again.

Round over, no winners, no survivors. Everyone levels up. New match starts.

Strange game... The only way to win is not to play...

OlasDAlmighty:
Ughh... I am so very weary of reading ME3 complaints... judging by these threads you'd think ME3 was actually bad or something.

ME3 isn't bad? I mean I know it's better than ME2 but it's not the high quality storytelling some people claim it to be.

erttheking:
It doesn't help that apparently the original ending for ME3 would take six more months to develop, would have multiple boss fights, and would show all of your war assets in action, from fleets, to squad mates, to fucking CONRAD VERNER! And Javik would play a major role too. Ugh. What happened Mass Effect?

Source? And why didn't they just do that? (i know, money dear boy, but seriously).

Devoneaux:

OlasDAlmighty:

ME3 isn't bad? I mean I know it's better than ME2 but it's not the high quality storytelling some people claim it to be.

ME 3 better then ME 2? O.o dear god, I hope your just trolling

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or