BioWare Teases New Mass Effect 3 DLC

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Nuttydwarf:

Devoneaux:

OlasDAlmighty:
Ughh... I am so very weary of reading ME3 complaints... judging by these threads you'd think ME3 was actually bad or something.

ME3 isn't bad? I mean I know it's better than ME2 but it's not the high quality storytelling some people claim it to be.

ME 3 better then ME 2? O.o dear god, I hope your just trolling

ME3: Tacked on RPG elements

ME2: what RPG elements?

ME3: Still about the reapers and shepard stopping them

ME2: About stupid bug things that we've never heard of before and will never be important again.

ME3: Shepard takes on a leadership role, bringing the galaxy together so that they can just bet it all on black and hope for the best.

ME2: Shepard is a completely passive character who just does whatever TIM tells him to, even after TIM readily betrays him on at least one occasion.

It's also worth mentioning that ME3's problems started with ME2. Since ME2 wasn't in any way plot integral, ME3 ends up loaded down with exposition since it has to carry the weight of two games.

Devoneaux:

OlasDAlmighty:
Ughh... I am so very weary of reading ME3 complaints... judging by these threads you'd think ME3 was actually bad or something.

ME3 isn't bad? I mean I know it's better than ME2 but it's not the high quality storytelling some people claim it to be.

Maybe it's not Dostoyevsky, but it's a Sci-fi videogame with a better story than most Sci-fi movies. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. It takes characters we have strong feelings towards and puts them into extremely dramatic situations where our choices determine who lives, who dies, and how the larger world is affected. Major events of the game, such as the genophage cure and the Geth/Quarian faceoff, are natural conclusions to important conflicts introduced at the start of the series. The trilogy's numerous characters each get some sort of final conflict before their story arcs get completely wrapped up, and then we get to say a last goodbye to each of them before Shepherd goes on to fulfil his or her destiny/quest/mission. The game has it's flaws for sure, which get endless, endless scrutiny the likes of which I've never seen before in a videogame, but to say it's not even marginally decent, to call the whole game 'bad' is just being hyperbolic about something that didn't live up to your expectations.

OlasDAlmighty:

Devoneaux:

OlasDAlmighty:

Maybe it's not Dostoyevsky, but it's a Sci-fi videogame with a better story than most Sci-fi movies. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. It takes characters we have strong feelings towards and puts them into extremely dramatic situations where our choices determine who lives, who dies, and how the larger world is affected. Major events of the game, such as the genophage cure and the Geth/Quarian faceoff, are natural conclusions to important conflicts introduced at the start of the series. The trilogy's numerous characters each get some sort of final conflict before their story arcs get completely wrapped up, and then we get to say a last goodbye to each of them before Shepherd goes on to fulfil his or her destiny/quest/mission. The game has it's flaws for sure, which get endless, endless scrutiny the likes of which I've never seen before in a videogame, but to say it's not even marginally decent, to call the whole game 'bad' is just being hyperbolic about something that didn't live up to your expectations.

Quick question.

What was Shepard's goal at the end of ME1? Find a way to stop the reapers.

What was Shepard's goal at the end of ME2? Find a way to stop the reapers.

The problem I have is that it is ENTIRELY POINTLESS. It's not so much all the tiny nit picky reasons, it's the fact that the entire game is a massive waste of time that is barely only technically connected to the overarching plot.

If I write a book series about Billy punching bobby, I don't detract from that for one whole book to tell a completely different story about Billy punching Sally. There is not a single choice you make in ME2 that has any kind of tangible consequence tied to it. Not. A. One.

I don't know what this is, but I want it.

skywolfblue:
I hope they release that hammer for the multiplayer. A krogan vanguard with gravity hammer? That's just cheating! Yes please!

Dear god yes.
Hopefully it's light enough to be used and retain +200% weight.

I just hope this DLC gets back to what Bioware do best and that is their characters.

Perhaps biggest of all my dislikes about Mass Effect 3 is that interactions felt like they had no importance and were just generic platitudes.

Mike Richards:
Wave One: people complain about the ending.
Wave Two: people complain about EA and how they think Bioware is terrible now.
Wave Three: people complain about DLC.
Wave Four: people complain about the other people complaining.
Wave Five: people complain about having to see this whole debate get carried out yet again.

Round over, no winners, no survivors. Everyone levels up. New match starts.

I guess you saved everyone a lot of time by writing that.

erttheking:

Jamaicob5:

erttheking:

People are not moaners for not liking the game

This game was released 11 months ago. Ever since it's release, it's had people complaining about the same things over and over again non-stop. Look up every single news article on the escapist about Mass Effect 3 from release date onwards. I can guarantee that the first few comments will be how much people hated this game. And at least once a month they'll be a thread about a certain thing in Mass Effect 3 people didn't like.
Now, it's fine people complaining about a game they didn't like. But to complain about the a game 11 months old with the same arguments every time it decides to pop up and give out some news is not just some people expressing their views on a subject.

Is this moaning? I'll let Captcha answer that:
"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

People can dislike Mass Effect 3, but don't bring out the hate parade like you've just seen the endings for the first time every time someone says something about the game.

The only thing I took away from that is that you can't complain about things after a certain amount of time has passed, and it doesn't matter how many times an argument is reused, it doesn't make it any less balid.

actually it does make it less valid do to the fact that by this time its been said so often and by so many people most will just look ignore it at this point. hell i only read your post cause you tend to be a level headed person,and one of my few friends on this site. Now dont take this as me saying your wrong in the way you feel about the game, your not we're all intitled to our opinions, but do take it as most people just dont give a shit any more and have already decided to love or hate the game.

now that thats done can we just hug and go back to laughing at zeels old posts like the good old days?:)

Well... I suppose that the citadel IS a massive structure so it would make sense to add more to it... (They haven't even put in enough usable area in-game to fill one of the five "wings" yet!)

Devoneaux:

Nuttydwarf:

Devoneaux:

ME 3 better then ME 2? O.o dear god, I hope your just trolling

ME3: Tacked on RPG elements

ME2: what RPG elements?

ME3: Still about the reapers and shepard stopping them

ME2: About stupid bug things that we've never heard of before and will never be important again.

ME3: Shepard takes on a leadership role, bringing the galaxy together so that they can just bet it all on black and hope for the best.

ME2: Shepard is a completely passive character who just does whatever TIM tells him to, even after TIM readily betrays him on at least one occasion.

It's also worth mentioning that ME3's problems started with ME2. Since ME2 wasn't in any way plot integral, ME3 ends up loaded down with exposition since it has to carry the weight of two games.

Question: have you have gone or done a class in which you look at character development, story progession, character archtypes, story pacing, Direct and Indirect action of characters?

also exposition is not correct word your looking for.

definition of Exposition (used from Merriam-webster):
1: a setting forth of the meaning or purpose (as of a writing)
2 :
a : discourse or an example of it designed to convey information or explain what is difficult to understand
b (1) : the first part of a musical composition in sonata form in which the thematic material of the movement is presented
(2) : the opening section of a fugue

3: a public exhibition or show

here's a quote for you: "a story can have a bad middle but can not have a bad beginning or a bad ending. The reason for this, is the beginning draws in the audience and the ending leaves the final impression on the audience."

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 59924)