Taco Bell: Cool Ranch Doritos Tacos are Coming

Pages PREV 1 2

Susan Arendt:

Andy Shandy:

MikeWehner:

I laughed way, way, WAY more at that than I really should've.

Also, seriously, I don't get the Cool Ranch fascination. People go crazy for those things, and I'm just like "It's not like it's Cheez-Its."

I am glad to have been of service =D

MikeWehner:
I'm sorry, but this is by far most delicious thing I've read online today, so I felt the need to relay that news on to you, my treasured readers.

Listen, here's the thing: Of course we write about game news. That's the bread and butter of the news section, for very obvious reasons. But we also like to offer offbeat, odd, funny, and TASTY news tidbits that don't necessarily involve gaming. Like the sharks making a mall breakout, and the cannon found in central park loaded and ready to fire.

These are the types of stories we like to read ourselves, so every once in a while we relay them to you folks. You can always count on us for gaming news, and if that's all you're here for, you're going to be just fine since that's pretty much 95% of what we cover. But in the event that a wild animal with sharp teeth makes a scene in a public place, a loaded antique weapon is found in a major city, or everyone's favorite 2AM restaurant adds COOL RANCH TACO SHELLS, there's a good chance we're going to let you know about that, too.

<3

Actually yes quite entertained, mostly by the randomness and the responses more than the actual info though the cool ranch taco does sound quite good.
Also for those without tacobell I would not worry to much they are tasty but they also use lower quality meat than dog food.

Ok, wait wait wait wait...how many of you people eat tacos with hard shells? I only ever get soft tacos, from Taco Bell or otherwise. I never get hard shells, not ever. Too messy!

Susan Arendt:
Ok, wait wait wait wait...how many of you people eat tacos with hard shells? I only ever get soft tacos, from Taco Bell or otherwise. I never get hard shells, not ever. Too messy!

But sometimes, usually late at night, my stomach convinces me so is Taco Bell and then punishes me for it.

Susan Arendt:

Exactly the reason I never eat hard shell. They always break and scatter the deliciousness all over the table unlike the soft wraps. At least the doritos tacos don't last long enough to make a mess.

Andy Shandy:

MikeWehner:

But this is mainly because I'm British and therefore cannot sample this apparently tasty combination. I can't comment on Taco Bell's quality, because there are only 3 in the UK and none of them are near me.

However, I like Tacos and I like Cool Original Doritos. So you've successfully made me hungry.

WAIT
there are 3 in the UK? WHERE ARE THESE BASTIONS OF DELICIOUSNESS IN THIS WASTELAND OF AWFUL GRAVY COVERED EVERYTHING?

(for ref i live in south wales but i dont care how far i must travel)

Oh good, another reason to avoid taco bell.

cwmdulais:
Snip

Two of them are in Essex and another is in Manchester.

Just search Taco Bell UK and you should find their website and it tells exactly where in those places.

Andy Shandy:

cwmdulais:
Snip

Two of them are in Essex and another is in Manchester.

Just search Taco Bell UK and you should find their website and it tells exactly where in those places.

Thank you o sacred prophet

I don't have taco bell within a 10 mile radius where I live, and even if I did, I've seen my friend get it in the US. Looks.... very unappetizing.

Slycne:

But sometimes, usually late at night, my stomach convinces me so is Taco Bell and then punishes me for it.

Yesssss. That is a true taco. I live on the border to mexico so that's pretty much common lunch food around here. So bad but so good.

I will admit though I am the same... sometimes i'll go for some taco bell real late at night.

how is this news and not advertisement. this "article" is shameful,. not to mention what is currently being discussed in regards to stereotypes, the basement dwelling fat kid that is munching away on doritos and drinking mountain dew between loading screens

You people are cynical as all hell, I swear to fucking god. Just shut up and eat your damn tacos. Kthx.

Cool Ranch Doritos. My favorite flavor of Doritos. Coming in taco form.

A Smooth Criminal:

Worgen:

Hell no we aren't entertained, if your going to do an ad for a product like this at least make it funny or be sarcastic about it, this just reeks of someone being paid to advertise a product.

What are you talking about? This website posts none gaming related news articles all the time. Google+ being popular, NASA doing something in space, tractor beams, Bionic limbs, Iran sending monkeys to space, more space stuff, gaymer stuff, movie stuff, invisibility cloaks. Need I list more? If you're going to throw a hissy fit over one fun article because it's not gaming related, then you might as well throw a hissy fit over every article that's not gaming related.

So get moving, you've got a lot of work to do.

surely you can spot the difference between this "article" and a story about a new technology or an update on an ongoing conflict or changing consumer trends. ask yourself this, what is the sole purpose of this article? to inform you of a new product available at a fast food joint, which is meant to get your gamer butt down there to eat taco bells new menu deal.

the stories about new tech being developed are not trying to sell you anything, the stories about a foreign countries exploits or a company's misconduct, are not trying to sell you anything either, or a story about changing demographics and relations within the community and ect. all those articles are trying to not only inform you, but also to incite debate and/or get you to formulate an opinion, not getting you to buy something.

is this an investigative report on revolutionary new taco tech or a report on the possible side effects if any, or anything at all that can get you to take a stance? no it is just shameless advertisement masquerading "article". it doesn't get you thinking or inform you of anything, other than that if you have not been to taco bell for a while, you should go there now because of a new flavour they are launching.

tell me how the same information could not be conveyed with a banner ad. don't just blindly accept things, be critical. i might even have forgiven it if the ad was something humorous, then it could at least be excused as entertainment. to reiterate, this is not news and the editor should have stopped this.

how is this even news worthy for this site?
I know Doritos is part of the stereotypical "gamer diet" but that alone does not make it news worthy or game related. I don't mind non-game related news on this site but it at least should worth writing about.

It also this "article" looks a lot like an advertisement. do plan on making a Mountain Due "article" as well? you might well just do it(in other word in for penny, in for a pound).

This is pretty goddamn ridiculous, even for this site. It's not the do with "gaeming newz 24/7 lolz" but more "This is a massive fucking ad masquerading as a news story".

But I gave up on any degree of professionalism on The Escapist a long time ago. I'm not even angry, just disappointed. Maybe one day.

Also I had Taco Bell when I was in the US. It was fucking putrid. I've never eaten fast food that disgusting before.

Freezy_Breezy:
-snip-

Also I had Taco Bell when I was in the US. It was fucking putrid. I've never eaten fast food that disgusting before.

I'm with you (though I'm American). Even pictures of Doritos makes my stomach actually turn, all that sodium for such a bland payoff and then add that to 60% beef mix with cheese and a sprinkle of lettuce to make it mildly presentable and it's just a nightmare for anyone at all conscious about what they eat.

So.... Why is this even worth complaining about? this is not the first time a news source of any kind has reported on something not particularly note worthy. It is not like the existence of this negatively impacts any of you in any real way. That is unless Taco Bell murdered your family in cold blood so you then use the wealth garnered from your parents company that you inherited in order to fight the fast food industry at night as the costumed hero known as Fatman. Obviously you would be named after your fear of fat and wish for others to experience said fear.

(Yes I know I am not funny or original... Please have mercy on my soul.)

Though in regards to the taco, I might try it, who knows.

This comment thread has opened my eyes. Not so much because I didn't anticipate being accused of wearing a taco-flavored money hat (I could see that coming from a mile away) but more due to the fact that so many people DON'T like cool ranch. WTF? In junior high school, single-serving bags of those bastards were like gold if you were trading at the lunch table. I could get 4 Nutty Bars, 2 slices of leftover pizza, and a half a can of Pringles for just ONE bag of cool ranch chips.

Man so mach hate for the new tacos kind of a downer.

OT: Im thankful for the news Mike ty

A question for people who hate this story if Mike didnt have the gold in his name would people be up in arms as much about this story?

O maestre:

A Smooth Criminal:

Worgen:

Hell no we aren't entertained, if your going to do an ad for a product like this at least make it funny or be sarcastic about it, this just reeks of someone being paid to advertise a product.

What are you talking about? This website posts none gaming related news articles all the time. Google+ being popular, NASA doing something in space, tractor beams, Bionic limbs, Iran sending monkeys to space, more space stuff, gaymer stuff, movie stuff, invisibility cloaks. Need I list more? If you're going to throw a hissy fit over one fun article because it's not gaming related, then you might as well throw a hissy fit over every article that's not gaming related.

s

the stories about new tech being developed are not trying to sell you anything

Yeah they kinda are because they are trying to create buzz for the new tech depending on what it is of course if it the new i phone being developed for example it def trying to create buzz so people will be in line at 12am spending 800 a pop for the new tech pron.

Darks63:

O maestre:

A Smooth Criminal:

s

the stories about new tech being developed are not trying to sell you anything

Yeah they kinda are because they are trying to create buzz for the new tech depending on what it is of course if it the new i phone being developed for example it def trying to create buzz so people will be in line at 12am spending 800 a pop for the new tech pron.

i was thinking more in line with scientists discovering some kind of new tech, like the recent laser manipulation article. other than that if the hypothetical iphone had some new feature that was radically different and technologically innovative then it would be more relevant as news than this. that hypothetical article could would have gone into depth on how this new tech worked. seriously you are going to have to look hard for other articles on this site that could just as well have been banner ads.

MikeWehner:
This comment thread has opened my eyes. Not so much because I didn't anticipate being accused of wearing a taco-flavored money hat (I could see that coming from a mile away) but more due to the fact that so many people DON'T like cool ranch. WTF? In junior high school, single-serving bags of those bastards were like gold if you were trading at the lunch table. I could get 4 Nutty Bars, 2 slices of leftover pizza, and a half a can of Pringles for just ONE bag of cool ranch chips.

its a cultural thing doritos have never been a big thing in scandinavia, in fact i don't think any country in mainland europe has a fixation for that particular snack brand. i can likewise imagine that most non americans have little association with the brand.

and honestly what kind of reaction were you expecting besides accusations of advertisement?

yay? or "can i place an order with you, or do i have to go to taco bell"

Darks63:
Man so mach hate for the new tacos kind of a downer.

OT: Im thankful for the news Mike ty

A question for people who hate this story if Mike didnt have the gold in his name would people be up in arms as much about this story?

my problem is that a news contributor put this in the news section, if it had been placed in the off topic area as a regular thread i wouldn't have cared at all. that is my problem, that it is being treated as a news story, so i am expressing my dislike in the comments section.

O maestre:
snip

To be honest, I was anticipating pretty much exactly the response it got. Some people had the same reaction to it as I did when I first read it, which was "NOM NOM," while others find no value in it. It's the same as when I post a news story about Angry Birds or a fighting game or something, the people who can't stand it pop in and tell me how much they wish I would have written about something else, while those that find it interesting or appealing react positively. I have no animosity towards you or anyone else, regardless of whether they are accusing me of being paid by Taco Bell for the post (they can barely afford to pay their workers, do you think they're in the pocket of a games blogger?).

I found it interesting and rather humorous that a new flavor is being added -- of course, the curious part of this is that Doritos makes "Taco" flavored chips too, so if we end up with taco flavored tacos, that's really going to be the end of the world.

You can think it's stupid or that it's no better than an advertisement (though I don't know of many banner ads that call out a previous product as being defective), and I'm 100% ok with it. If I wasn't humorous enough, or didn't razz the company hard enough for essentially using another brand to make itself relevant, I failed you in that respect. But you know what? There's always tomorrow ;)

<3

I don't need the freaking taco, I just want some cool ranch Doritos now. I can't remember the last time I had them.

Also, I don't like Taco Bell. It's kinda gross.

This sounds so nasty yet so delicious at the same time...

Cool Ranch Doritos are the greatest snack in the western world.

No matter how good you may think Taco Bell is...

Worgen:

A Smooth Criminal:

Worgen:

Ahh, but the difference there is that those are actually news stories, or at least something that has to do with the nerd demographic. This has about as much to do with the nerd demographic as it does the weightlifter demo... then again I might be giving the nerd demographic too much credit for the amount of work they put into keeping themselves healthy. Assuming the stereotype is true about most of them.

Considering how popular the dorito tacos were among the nerd demographic when they were first released, this is as relevant to the nerd demographic as any of the things I listed.

It's not relevant to you. There's a rather large difference.

Your kidding, those stupid things are popular? Ugh, might as well start putting up on this site when the mc rib shows up at mc donalds, they could put a fucken counter for it.

Oh, cool it. Tacos and Doritos are nerd staples, and have been for a looooong time. McRibs aren't.

You forget that this is the site that puts up random hilarity in the News Room because they're actually human.

OT: I've known this forever. You take a single-serving bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, open it, add seasoned cooked meat, lettuce, onions, and whatever else you put on your taco, pinch it shut and crush it.

I do seem to be the only person here who can down a few Taco Bell tacos without suffering consequences, but then, I've eaten eight jalapenos and suffered no consequences, so clearly I'm just immortal. (Seriously, though... don't get into eating wars with your pastor. Just don't.)

Andy Shandy:
Yep, only 3, and they're all down England, none up here in Scotland. According to the Taco Bell UK website anyway, two of them are in Essex and one in Manchester.

I live in Manchester and, in my humble opinion, you aren't missing much.

But then again I'm still angry at Taco Bell for replacing the Pizza Hut Express that used to be there. It was the only thing in the food court that could compete with KFC for my affections...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here