Resident Evil Might Get the Reboot

Pages PREV 1 2

Darmy647:

ScruffyMcBalls:

Arkley:
Snipped

Snip

To be fair, the older titles had a good twist on backtracking. I remember in RE2 the first time you walk down a police hall corridor everythings A-Ok. Then the 2nd, FUCKING HANDS BURST FORTH TO GRAB YOU. Im not saying thats super awesome, but it shook things up.

That shit me up the first time, and I'm just doing a playthrough of Resident Evil 2 again. Guess what? Shit me up again. It's just such an effective tactic. You have to run past those broken ass boards a half dozen times, lookin' all eerie and shit. You're already tense and when it happens, chances are you're distracted too, so takes you completely off-guard.

Man I wanna feel that kinda fear again. No idea why, just do.

So, if they start from the very beginning...how many remakes of the original Resident evil would that make?

I mean for fucks sake, it's probably competing with Sid Meier's pirates! for number of versions released by now.

Doclector:
So, if they start from the very beginning...how many remakes of the original Resident evil would that make?

I mean for fucks sake, it's probably competing with Sid Meier's pirates! for number of versions released by now.

That depends on what you consider a remake. If you consider any rerelease with minor additions or changes to be a remake, then there's Director's Cut, Deadly Silence and the Sega Saturn version in addition to the REmake.

If you just consider actual remakes, then there's just the GC REmake, which was also rereleased on the Wii (without changes).

So if they do just remake the first RE, it will be the second time. If they actually reboot it, it will be the first.

Honestly, considering how convoluted the canon is already I'm fine with taking a step back and trying something new. Am I the only one that was intrigued by what the Resident Evil 4 beta could've brought to the table with a more paranormal bent to it?

Gottesstrafe:
Honestly, considering how convoluted the canon is already I'm fine with taking a step back and trying something new. Am I the only one that was intrigued by what the Resident Evil 4 beta could've brought to the table with a more paranormal bent to it?

its alright. i personally hated RE4. terrible controls and one of the poorest pc ports i ever came across. anyway, the idea is good and i woulndt mind if they stick the third person view. hell i woulndt even mind if they give us the option to play in first person view.
but as i stated earlier, i want more horror and not an monster around every corner plus shooting 50 bullets in to it.

the tomb raider reboot looks at least good and i really hope it will be good and successful. i expect more or less the same from capcom.

In my ideal world, they would leave REmake, reamde RE 2&3 in the same way as REmake and they would reboot from there. Code Veronica started pushing it with storyline (reviving Wesker) and RE4 completely screwed up by introducing plaga.

In real world... well, they'll probably fuck things up pretty hard.

Or why not just let the series end and start working on something new?

Just sayin'.

An open world Resident Evil game could be pretty fun I think. If they do reboot it I think they should make it more up to player choice though. Like whether to side with Stars/Umbrella and do what Bioware and CD Projekt Red does and let players make decisions and carry them over to other games.

Kopikatsu:
Whoa, whoa whoa. Revelations is coming to consoles? Fuck yes! It's the only Resident Evil game that I haven't played...

Seriously???

You've played Umbrella Chronicles on Wii, Survivor on PlayStation, and Gaiden on GameBoy Color?

That is quite the dedication to the series then. I'm glad that you will now get to enjoy the quality that is Revelations, or Revelaitons if you know Capcom at all.

FoolKiller:

Kopikatsu:
Whoa, whoa whoa. Revelations is coming to consoles? Fuck yes! It's the only Resident Evil game that I haven't played...

Seriously???

You've played Umbrella Chronicles on Wii, Survivor on PlayStation, and Gaiden on GameBoy Color?

That is quite the dedication to the series then. I'm glad that you will now get to enjoy the quality that is Revelations, or Revelaitons if you know Capcom at all.

Indeed! Even played Outbreak.

But I'm one of those people who doesn't really think the plot is all that complicated or convoluted. Go ahead, ask me anything about the series' canon and I'll have an answer for you. (It'll probably be right, too!)

Hopefully Revelations sells, it is a really good game and is a great example of what the series should be like: claustrophobic areas, enemies that didn't drop ammo and items on death, atmosphere. Hell even the action filled sequences in Revelations had limited ammo and forced you to make your shots count.
Really if I could just recommend one thing, it would be to not do what they did with Leon's Campaign in 6, no atmosphere, extremely shitty and stupid puzzles, zombies that were better to kill than to avoid, enemies that were just annoying to deal with, way too many action scenes.

natster43:
Hopefully Revelations sells, it is a really good game and is a great example of what the series should be like: claustrophobic areas, enemies that didn't drop ammo and items on death, atmosphere. Hell even the action filled sequences in Revelations had limited ammo and forced you to make your shots count.
Really if I could just recommend one thing, it would be to not do what they did with Leon's Campaign in 6, no atmosphere, extremely shitty and stupid puzzles, zombies that were better to kill than to avoid, enemies that were just annoying to deal with, way too many action scenes.

The fuck do you mean hopefully? It sold like hotcakes on the 3ds.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here