Gearbox Can't Increase Borderlands 2's Level Cap (Without Breaking It)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

PortalThinker113:

wulfy42:
Ok this is just silly.

First..only 16% of players hit the current cap of lvl 50? So only 16% of players like the game basically?

This is what confuses me a little.

I love the game. I've put 50 hours into it, finishing the main quest and the first two DLCs along with a bunch of side quests. I still have not reached the level cap with my single character. Am I doing it wrong? I keep seeing people talk about how easy it is to hit the cap, and I'm really not all that close after 50 hours of one character...

lol I'm the same way. not even that close to 50, but I guess I've come nowhere near the number of hours my friends online have put in...

They are actually right, in that it would ruin the game's challenge when backtracking to old areas. It was basically impossible to stay at the right dungeon level in all B1 expansions with a single character, you had to reroll and take a completely different path.

I bet player would just be content with having an on-screen level number going up with no gameplay consequences whatsoever, aka filling up a bar. :D

wulfy42:
Ok this is just silly.

First..only 16% of players hit the current cap of lvl 50? So only 16% of players like the game basically?

That is a strawman... That is like saying "people that don't prestige don't play Call of Duty".

Even counting only those that completed the game, most people finished it at about level 35. To reach level 50 after that would require a commitment most people don't do, including replaying the campaign in true vault until about halfway to the finish.

duchaked:

PortalThinker113:

wulfy42:
Ok this is just silly.

This is what confuses me a little.

I love the game. I've put 50 hours into it, finishing the main quest and the first two DLCs along with a bunch of side quests. I still have not reached the level cap with my single character. Am I doing it wrong? I keep seeing people talk about how easy it is to hit the cap, and I'm really not all that close after 50 hours of one character...

lol I'm the same way. not even that close to 50, but I guess I've come nowhere near the number of hours my friends online have put in...

The most common way is to reach 35 during the normal campaign. Once you reached the end game and replay it on true vault hunter mode, its fairly fast to reach level 50, especially if you play with higher level players, since that affect how much XP your team gets from normal enemies.

Fappy:
I personally like making new characters once I have hit the apex of a previous character's potential. Is this something the player base is really adamant about? Sounds kind of silly to me.

You and I my friend, but you'll be surprised at how many people just want to keep leveling, instead of even bothering to create a brand new character. Personally I don't mind, better know ahead of time that the level cap will be kept at 50, better than having to deal with the dreaded Power Creep.

I like the casualness and honesty in this. Kudos GB.

Its such a load of rubbish. If you spend 10 minutes on google and have a usb pen you can unlock the entire skill tree on xbox for each character. One of my characters has the entire skill tree along with over 500% on each badass rank bonus. You can even donwload profiles that have all tge legendary items and skins and play through with those. Upon telling my friends we played a 4 player game with these super characters and guess what. Nobodies xbox blew up. No massive amounts of lag, just a bit of stutter and nothing more than can happen in the game normally without a super character. I know it doesnt represent that it wont ever do that, but after a good 20+ hrs of 4 player with these characters we havent had any issues that are out of the norm.

But hey, if they raise the level cap before this season pass runs out nobody will pay more. Wonder if they'll find the miracle fix after the 4th content comes out and release iy as an add on to get more money?

Its such a load of rubbish. If you spend 10 minutes on google and have a usb pen you can unlock the entire skill tree on xbox for each character. One of my characters has the entire skill tree along with over 500% on each badass rank bonus. You can even donwload profiles that have all tge legendary items and skins and play through with those. Upon telling my friends we played a 4 player game with these super characters and guess what. Nobodies xbox blew up. No massive amounts of lag, just a bit of stutter and nothing more than can happen in the game normally without a super character. I know it doesnt represent that it wont ever do that, but after a good 20+ hrs of 4 player with these characters we havent had any issues that are out of the norm.

But hey, if they raise the level cap before this season pass runs out nobody will pay more. Wonder if they'll find the miracle fix after the 4th content comes out and release iy as an add on to get more money?

Every time I kill something or turn something in @ level 50, I feel like I'm wasting EXP.

Need an increase just to give me reason to finish the DLC.

Chozo Ninpo
Channel Zero
http://thezerolevel.com

He told a lie. He knows it, we know it. It has been mentioned in a few of these comments, there have been hackers that have all three skill trees maxed and use black weapons(modded) and it doesn't break the game.

But what it does is point out the issue with the leveling system, it is exponential. For both you and the enemies. The sad thing; the enemies have better exponential growth than the player character does. BL2 already suffers from some enemy that are bullet sponges that can one shot well equipped players. Well, the bullet sponges is only going to get worse, plus at that point all enemies are going to one shot you with higher levels. Not fun at all.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this game. I have almost 5 lvl 50 characters. I didn't get one maxed out character in BL1 and I loved that game!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here