Activision Confirms New Call of Duty for 2013

Pages PREV 1 2

Call of duty 10 Modern warfare 5 Episode 7 Part 5 Liverpool 3. Now with even more Russians!

Yeah this is as unexpected as the sun rising this morning. As for my opinion

sums it up fairly well.

Now now, the Call of Duty series is very innovative! Innovative in the field of stagnation, mind you, but let's not split hairs.

I'm confused. You claim this to be news at yet, I see none. unless the news is this guy making the joke about CoD being innovative in anyway.

Aaron Sylvester:
You guys need to stop hating on the developers. If I was in charge of the CoD franchise I would do EXACTLY what they are doing i.e. save resources, save costs, re-hash as much stuff as possible and sit on my growing money pile. You can't seriously tell me you wouldn't do the same thing if you were in their shoes...screw morals/ethics, screw hindering the progression of gaming, screw innovation, you are making BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. JUST DO IT. (You're not exactly being Hitler).

True, I probably would do the same thing in that position, doesn't mean I won't mock them merciless for it :D

course if I was in that position, I'd probably experiment more then they do to

It'd be more news if Activision said it was giving Call of Duty a break for the year.

karma9308:
THIS JUST IN: Water confirmed to be wet by nation's top scientists. Back to you Tom.

Was that before or after said scientists also confirmed day follows night?

Steven Bogos:

"The Call of Duty franchise continues to set the bar for innovation and we expect the new Call of Duty game in development for 2013 to raise that bar even higher" - Eric Hirshberg

Sorry about that... had to go outside the house to my sound-insulating bunker so that I wouldn't wake up the neighbours with my laughter.

As for my reaction to the rest of this announcement: ... -Everyone (Including Gordon Freeman)

HEY GUYS, WANNA HEAR ANOTHER INNOVATION JOKE?! LOLOLOLOL

That's what I think of the comments here, and I'm meh about these news.

Hey, I resent the people who say the CoD series isn't innovating. At the start you shot nazi's, then after a while it was Russians, then it was generic brown people, then brown Russians in the first of the big innovations of the series, in the last game it was poor brown people.

I'll bet this time they'll combine all of those and you'll be shooting poor, brown, nazi, Russians, like a cross between Hitler and Stalin.

Yay. I knew there'd be one this year, there always is. I hope it's good. I wouldn't mind Modern Warfare 4 but I'd love Infinity Ward to go back to WW2, that'd be the best. I'd quite like to see one exclusively about the Vietnam war but that could be tricky although it would certainly be interesting and would be able to have some really stand out moments although I've got the feeling that Infinity Ward have been banished to now and Treyarch gets the more interesting ones.

It's going to be Modern Warfare 4 so I don't really care anymore. Black Ops 2 was decent enough, but I haven't enjoyed Modern Warfare since the second one.

Steven Bogos:

"The Call of Duty franchise continues to set the bar for innovation and we expect the new Call of Duty game in development for 2013 to raise that bar even higher" - Eric Hirshberg

Quoting AskThatGuy's response towards people suffering from OCD:

HAAAAAAUGH.

SonOfVoorhees:
Please go back to a WW2 game, hate these MW games, they are so boring.I still want a WW2 game with a small amount of free roaming levels so you can take whatever route you want through building and gardens etc etc clearing out houses of germans one by one. This is what EA should do with Medal of Honour.......set it in WW2 and not compete with CoD on MW games.

Lol, Medal of honor: Airborne kinda had that exact system for each level, in the sence that you decide where you land after you drop :P
i liked it, really short though.

Anyone think it'll ever end? It's just become a farce at this point...

Well, if it wasn't first person shooters that were over-saturated it would probably be another genre anyways.

So you'd end up with yearly dragon and elf RPGS or yearly generic hack and slash games or yearly generic JRPGS.

And before someone bullshits me about "Art games", please compare passage, the path, and every day the same dream. Then get back to me on that.

Indie market in general? Hah! Take any word in the dictionary and add craft to the end. You'll probably still find a minecraft clone.

See? Shooters are FAR from the only genre that does this.

Easton Dark:
It'd be more news if Activision said it was giving Call of Duty a break for the year.

I agree, that would be news compared to this statement.

Calling it now, its gonna be MW4.

GonvilleBromhead:
You never know, maybe they'll move on from modern warfare and start a new franchise. Call of Duty: Victorian Warfare, anyone? I mean, it's not as if it would be too radical a shift for the target audience, seeing as it still revolves around white guys shooting people who aren't white in the face. Just that you'd get to wear pretty red jackets instead of boring cammo

Sorry, that's something that's REMOTELY different or interesting. Activision doesn't allow that.

Metalrocks:
wow. so amazing. i feel so surprised now. *sarcasm*

and since when is COD innovative???

Since COD4... oh, how far the mighty have fallen -.-

Darth Sea Bass:

karma9308:
THIS JUST IN: Water confirmed to be wet by nation's top scientists. Back to you Tom.

Was that before or after said scientists also confirmed day follows night?

I thought it was night follows day :/ this calls for more research!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here