Diablo III Patch Settles Your Disputes With Duels

Pages PREV 1 2

Hammeroj:

That's curious. Now from what I understand, non-confrontation is a key component of a circlejerk. Neither "fuck that", nor "Guy, I think you're wrong about this" is non-confrontational in the least. It's further defined by a lack of and aversion to opposing points of view, which exactly defines the tone of your first post. "Be nice or go away" was the gist of it, and that is the definition of looking for a circlejerk. Nobody, or next to nobody, on the "entitled baby hater" side, actually has the same approach to discourse.

I think our biggest problem is lack of proper communication. one of us will say something, the other guy will refute it, and then we'll come back and say what we meant. I wasn't trying to say that no one should come and hate on the game, I was saying that everyone doesn't need to come and hate on the game. If you show up to the comments, and there are already 3-4 posts saying the same thing, you don't need to post the same thing too. Contrary opinions are good, but the same contrary opinion twenty times is just redundant. That's what I was originally trying to get at.

TK421:
I think our biggest problem is lack of proper communication. one of us will say something, the other guy will refute it, and then we'll come back and say what we meant. I wasn't trying to say that no one should come and hate on the game, I was saying that everyone doesn't need to come and hate on the game. If you show up to the comments, and there are already 3-4 posts saying the same thing, you don't need to post the same thing too. Contrary opinions are good, but the same contrary opinion twenty times is just redundant. That's what I was originally trying to get at.

Whether or not people need to come and hate on the game is completely irrelevant. Not one person needs to do it.

Whether it's redundant is also irrelevant. I'd call into question your very use of the word redundant because this isn't the same person repeating himself over an over, but that's something for another time. It's "redundant", under your definition, if something good gets overwhelmingly praised, and I doubt you'd have a problem with several people in a row coming in and praising something; it's "redundant" to recommend something in several different threads, et cetera. It's a matter of people wanting to have their opinions heard, or maybe vent if they're doing it more than once. Whether someone (including themselves) said what can amount to the exact same thing before is besides the point.

And let's be honest here.

Some of us aren't entitled little pricks and are happy with the game(or at least don't constantly whine about it), and it is getting really old listening to people complain anytime D3 has a patch.

That people shouldn't come and hate on the game is exactly what you were saying. The least you could do is have the courtesy of admitting it.

Hammeroj:

Whether it's redundant is also irrelevant. I'd call into question your very use of the word redundant because this isn't the same person repeating himself over an over, but that's something for another time. It's "redundant", under your definition, if something good gets overwhelmingly praised, and I doubt you'd have a problem with several people in a row coming in and praising something; it's "redundant" to recommend something in several different threads, et cetera.

Actually, I would have a problem with it. It would still be a bunch of people just taking up space all saying the same thing.

Hammeroj:

And let's be honest here.

Some of us aren't entitled little pricks and are happy with the game(or at least don't constantly whine about it), and it is getting really old listening to people complain anytime D3 has a patch.

That people shouldn't come and hate on the game is exactly what you were saying. The least you could do is have the courtesy of admitting it.

No, I wasn't saying that you shouldn't hate on the game. I was on mobile and didn't really have the time to write out my complete thoughts, therefore only a fragment of what was in my head got posted, while my brain told me that everyone would know what I meant. Should have come back when I got home to edit/revise rather than waiting until the next day, would have created a lot less confusion/controversy.

TK421:

Hammeroj:

Whether it's redundant is also irrelevant. I'd call into question your very use of the word redundant because this isn't the same person repeating himself over an over, but that's something for another time. It's "redundant", under your definition, if something good gets overwhelmingly praised, and I doubt you'd have a problem with several people in a row coming in and praising something; it's "redundant" to recommend something in several different threads, et cetera.

Actually, I would have a problem with it. It would still be a bunch of people just taking up space all saying the same thing.

That's fascinating. Nutshell your stance on this, please. Is it "something shouldn't be said twice"? Where do you draw the arbitrary line and why?

Whatever it is, I'm probably going to massively disagree and be thankful you don't have any actual authority to enforce something like this.

Hammeroj:

TK421:

Hammeroj:

That's fascinating. Nutshell your stance on this, please. Is it "something shouldn't be said twice"? Where do you draw the arbitrary line and why?

Whatever it is, I'm probably going to massively disagree and be thankful you don't have any actual authority to enforce something like this.

No, not twice, but when the majority of the posts all say the same thing, it's too much. If I did have that authority (which I never will, I don't have the time to run a website), I doubt anything would change, all the same topics would be there but the threads would probably be a lot shorter.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here