GOG Uploads System Shock 2

Pages PREV 1 2

Welp. I've wanted to play this game for an awful long time, but have never been able to find a copy. And come to think of it, I haven't bought anything from GOG in quite a while. So, I guess the combination of finally getting to play this game and wanting to support GOG leads me naturally to this reaction:

And people say Deus Ex hasn't aged well. *roll eyes*

oktalist:

Agreed. There was a mod project however to update the character and creature models to something a little less stick-figure looking if that's gonna be the only thing holding you back. :)

Glad to see this game again, coop campaign multiplayer FTW!

Teoes:
Question please: is much knowledge of the first System Shock required to "get" SS2, or is it all neatly contained?

My understanding is that there's c40 years between games and we control a different protagonist, but the antagonist is the same (Spoiler that box-art oh em eff gee!). This suggests it is not so essential to have played the first.

During the major reveal of SHODAN there will be some plot elements that you will probably enjoy more if you've gone through the first, as well as the game's finale has some references I won't spoil, but other then that no, you do not need to play the first game before System Shock 2.

it's awesome to hear that radio interview with Ken from '99
Amazing game, fucking buy it already

mooncalf:

oktalist:

Agreed. There was a mod project however to update the character and creature models to something a little less stick-figure looking if that's gonna be the only thing holding you back. :)

It's not holding me back. Deus Ex is my all time favourite game and I disagree with the widely held belief that it has not aged well. I bought SS2 as soon as I heard the news.

coop campaign multiplayer FTW!

Oh hell yeah

Oh my... Hell hath frozen over!
*cue the Hallelujah Chorus*

When I first played SS2 a year or so ago, I was baffled by why people loved it so much, but after only an hour of play, I wanted to hold my old teddy bear while hiding in a corner with a flashlight. Definately joyful to hear this has finally seen the light of digital day.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here