Come Join Us for Escapist Expo 2013

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

PsychicTaco115:
Um... Hell yes?

GETTING MAH TICKET NOW!

This man totally has the right idea. I have bought mine too :D

You know, I normally get mad when things happen, and they never seem to happen in this state, or at least within a few miles of Raleigh. Damn it feels good to be 45 minutes away from Durham. I intend on going all three days this year, as my friends and I will all be able to drive there and enjoy it greatly. The table top games are the best by the way. I loved the library they had(it was literally a library, you checked our board games and got to play them, then just return them when you're done) and the after party was awesome.

Still can't attend. The Atlantic Ocean, another continent and so on and so on.

and once again it is right during the middle of university here in australia...

uguito-93:
and once again it is right during the middle of university here in australia...

It's in the middle of University in the US too. As a matter of fact, it's now squarely outside of US "con season". I like it though, I expect Expo to once again put an exclamation point on my convention year.

Well, there is a better-than-even chance that I may yet again be stalking the halls of the EsEx*, taking stealth photographs and generally being a shadowy observer of all things Escapist!

* I am totally calling it this now.

Won't be able to make it this time around, folks. I'm heading back to uni in September.

Real shame, was a lot of fun last year. Enjoy it!

TizzytheTormentor:
Too bad I can't go, tickets to America are bloody expensive.

I might go one day, but it won't be soon...

Yeah! come to Australia already!

Evil Smurf:

TizzytheTormentor:

I have to plan that, we already agreed to drink together!

But I have little money to spare on travelling sadly.

Are there going to be any hotel deal in the area? I am planning on taking off work to come up for this and need to save money where I can... Flying up from florida is gonna be OH SO FUN.

TizzytheTormentor:

Evil Smurf:

TizzytheTormentor:

I was talking about an Australian escapist expo, but this works too.

Yeah, I would gladly join, were it not for the fact that I live in Norway. Travelling from Norway to America ain't cheap, especially not for a student... Hopefully, I can attend one day...

Well damn I'll be broke by then. Maybe one year I can make it :(

Evil Smurf:

TizzytheTormentor:

Evil Smurf:

I was talking about an Australian escapist expo, but this works too.

*high fives*

Also, can the expo happen in Orlando Florida? During the time I'm on holiday there? They have a big ass convention center you know...

Really wants to go...

I was so mad last year, I tried to get us a booth, but somethings came up, so I just went ahead and bought a VIP ticket, but then was only able to attend on Friday. This year is different, definitely getting a booth/table and bringing the whole team with me.

So excited! Pretty sure I'll only be able to go on Friday just like I did last year, but it's all good.

I need to know when the live Podcat is going to be, that will influence the day I go.

Stevey M:
Won't be able to make it this time around, folks. I'm heading back to uni in September.

Real shame, was a lot of fun last year. Enjoy it!

Nuuuuuuu! :< no Stevey with the hat? Now I'm sad.

I'll hopefully have a car by then, but that is a hell of a long drive from the NYC area

Cool deal...except the location for this kind of Expo sucks hardcore.

Durham, NC...really? Why not take a few notes from other conventions like Pax that have their conventions at Boston Massachusetts, or Seattle Washington? No disrespect to North Carolina but...I think you would have A LOT more people coming to an Escapist Expo if your location was somewhere more...Urban and bigger marketed like New York, California, Chicago, Boston (as mentioned before), etc.

Just saying. XD

So glad to see tickets going up already! I'm going to try and go all the way from AZ, but it may not happen :(

Save $5 off the price of entry if I register now? that's like .0002% of the plane fare to get there.

Caramel Frappe:
.. OoohhhhHHhh man.

I want to go, I shall have to see if i'm free during those days.
Though it's location is in Durham, Carolina. I'd need plane tickets to fly there.

... Ah ... seriously wish to go. If this was like, in California LA I would just need to drive an hour to reach it.
Then I would have the best time ever, but alas this is held there instead (not mad, just sad overall).

Least it's not till October, and funny enough it's being held during my own birthday (on the 5th). Must attend!!

at least you live in the same country as the expo, i'd love to go, but affording the $2000 or so to go is a bit much

Can next year's convention be in Illinois please? we have... uhh... crime and... stuff... *sob* I want to go but I can't afford plane tickets to NC. why must you tease me escapist ;_;

Wow how time flies, it felt like the last expo was yesterday.
Nice to see you gearing up early for it, but its very likely that i will not be able to particialte because life is cruel that way.

Come on guys, when's the West Coast going to get some of the love?

I wonder if I can get the Cahtzee to make a reappearance? XD

I am so excited for this! I've already got my pass and October can't get here fast enough! Last year was awesome and I'm sure this year will be even better!

Nickompoop:
Come on guys, when's the West Coast going to get some of the love?

They're based in Durham, so this is just easier for them.

Jove:

Durham, NC...really? Why not take a few notes from other conventions like Pax that have their conventions at Boston Massachusetts, or Seattle Washington? No disrespect to North Carolina but...I think you would have A LOT more people coming to an Escapist Expo if your location was somewhere more...Urban and bigger marketed like New York, California, Chicago, Boston (as mentioned before), etc.

Just saying. XD

Because our office is here. PAX started in Seattle. Which is where Penny Arcade's offices are.

Just saying.

Susan Arendt:

Jove:

Just saying. XD

Because our office is here. PAX started in Seattle. Which is where Penny Arcade's offices are.

Just saying.

I'm guessing moving those offices to one of the locations I mentioned as examples is out of the question? XD

Is the volunteer registration not up yet? This says they're already recruiting, but the registration page says it's coming soon, escapistexpo.com/hard-corps and escapistexpo.com/volunteers both go to the page that says to register for the event (which I've done) and escapistexpo.com/volunteer (the blue thing at the right) links to an error page.

TL;DR I'm confused.

Make a 2ed convention on the West Coast & I'll gladly go.

Jove:

Susan Arendt:

Jove:

Just saying. XD

Just saying.

I'm guessing moving those offices to one of the locations I mentioned as examples is out of the question? XD

They have one of the coolest office spaces in the country. If I lived in Durham I would want office space in that building too.

Jove:

Susan Arendt:

Jove:

Just saying. XD

Just saying.

Until you have been inside the Escapist offices like some of us were last year, you will never realise how unnecessary that question it!

They have converted retro arcade machines they can play any time they want without using coins and a massive Star Destroyer hanging over their work area! I'd gladly move to NC to work in that office building!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here