Sony Announces PS Vita Price Drop in Japan

Pages PREV 1 2

Baldr:

SkarKrow:

Terramax:

Yeah, horses for courses really. Once I bought my Vita, I never played my 3DS again, and sold it about 4 months later, but I know I'm in the minority. Indeed, I'm surprised that JRPGs are still popular enough in the west to sway people to get a 3DS instead.

Ironically, here in Japan, there's a tonne of JRPGs out for the Vita already, but no-one in the West has decided to translate them over. If I were Sony, I would hire a small crackteam into translating each and every one of them (even though I personally don't like JRPGs).

Most of what I play on handhelds are JRPG's, platformers and the odd quirky thing like Mario Kart or Theatrhythm. Pokemon shifts nintendo systems for me still believe it or not. I also love TBS and SRPG's and Nintendo caters to the west better for that mostly, whereas Sony seems content to provide fps's and the odd tps and I'm just not that interested in those experiences as handheld ones.

As dumb as it sounds I like to play handhelds in bed with a good RPG or something like that. I'm currently replaying the Mario & Luigi games for example, though I don't think I'd call those JRPG's.

Yeah, I just bought a 3DS in anticipation for pokemon X and Y and all that other things that come with it for Black and White 2, and to transfer everything from my old DS over to the new games. I haven't actually bought a 3DS game yet.

I've bought a few games so far lemme see whats there...

Star Fox, Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Kart 7, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts DDD and Sonic Generations.

There's a lot coming this year that I want, Pokemon X & Y being the tip of the iceberg with things like Luigis Mansion and a new Mario & Luigi game!

Terramax:

SkarKrow:

Yeah the thing is that Sony is kind of... dumb, to say the least. Sony Europe is outright retarded you should see the comments section on the store blog it's basically people asking when we get that game that the US got 8 months ago...

Haha. Do Sony every respond?

I tyhink the blog team manager or something responds and most of the time he's just saying "I don't have any news for you".

It's pretty bullshitty tbh.

Took like 6 years to get Symphony of the Night and then it was fuckin 8 with no discount for +.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here