Hotline Miami Will Release on PS3 and Vita

Hotline Miami Will Release on PS3 and Vita

You'll be able to maintain progress in the psychedelic crime game between both systems.

Hotline Miami was one of those pleasant surprises in the world of gaming: an offbeat title that came out of nowhere and had no great pretensions other than providing some not-entirely-rational fun. While the PC version of the game is hardly demanding from a hardware standpoint, those who prefer console and handheld gaming now have a way to experience the highs and lows of a retro Miami hitman. This Spring, gamers will be able to tackle a variety of mobsters for men in animal masks on both the PS3 and the Vita, with a Cross-Buy feature allowing players to carry their progress from one platform to another.

The game will make its way to Sony's two platforms with gameplay, graphics, and music intact, but nothing new, save for the fact that buying it on one system will allow you to download it on the other. "The intense visuals and pulsing soundtrack are perfectly suited for PS3 and PS Vita and we can't wait for PlayStation fans to see what Hotline Miami is all about," says Shahid Ahmad, a senior business development manager at Sony.

As always, Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker has some commentary as well, expressing satisfaction that Sony gamers will get the chance to experience his company's trippy little title. "However, this Cross-Buy thing might prohibit me from achieving my long-standing dream of wearing a gold plated PS Vita around my neck. Total bummer."

Hotline Miami's fast-paced gameplay and throwback graphics make it a logical choice for a handheld, although playing it on a console should faithfully recreate the PC experience as well. As long as it continues to embrace ultraviolence and blur the lines between psychedelic haze and gruesome reality, the ports should prove as entertaining as the original.

This strikes me as the kind of game I'd rather play on a portable than a console/PC anyway.

I'm trying to imagine how hard it would be to turn around really quick to swing at someone, I used a lot of quick flicks of the mouse playing this game on PC, I'm curious to see how they re-tooled this, Vita seems like a good fit.

Having played this using a PS3 controller on the PC, I can say with confidence that the game is entirely playable on console.

Really loved the PC version and think it's a perfect fit for my Vita.

Hey, the more people that get to enjoy this game, the better.

Still the best game of 2012 IMO.

...I thought it WAS already on the PS3, I am confused.

I'll probably get it for Vita (I need something to play on the damned thing), but I just can't imagine the incredibly fast-paced twitch action of the game translating well to controller joysticks. Not saying it'll be bad, I just have to play it first before I can really say if I like it or not.

Sweet, considering its a great fit for vita. Now just reduce the price for 32gb card so that I can buy the damn game.

Ya know, I was actually thinking about how Hotline Miami would work great for the Vita. Looks like I'll be getting it after all. :D

Now I just gotta know when the darn thing will be released. I want to listen to dat awesome soundtrack on the go as soon as possible.

DrunkOnEstus:
I'm trying to imagine how hard it would be to turn around really quick to swing at someone, I used a lot of quick flicks of the mouse playing this game on PC, I'm curious to see how they re-tooled this, Vita seems like a good fit.

I think the best option would be to make the second analog stick the direction of your attack. So you would flick the stick the right and he would swing right, or hold it for multiple swings. Cant really see any other way such a fast paced game would work.

This would control very well on the console. This game to me was one of the best games of 2012. Top 3 at least. I was very disappointed with Retro City Rampage's take on the 8 bit era.

Sw3333333t. That's all I can say. Too overwhelmed at the thought of having this on my Vita.

Although I'll be hated for saying this, the game would probably play really well on iOS.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here