Watch Tonight's Sony Event Live on The Escapist

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Hmm, most of the leaked features for the controller are there. Lost the Vita d-pad, kept the recessed analog sticks... looks like it has honest-to-god triggers for the L2/R2 buttons.

Thuggych:

doggie015:
Uhh... I think we broke ustream... Is it showing as offline for anyone else?

not showing offline for me, but it has become super laggy

Me too, which is slightly upsetting because ive been looking forward to this all day.

So is Knack a video game or the next Pixar movie...?

I have to admit Knack was kinda cute. Hopefully what was shown, was in real time and not a pre generated cutscene.

JokerboyJordan:
And there goes a Kinect rip-off...

Kinect ripped off the eyetoy from PS2, so Sony can't rip off a rip off lol

That Knack game looks pretty weak. It's a pretty obvious "look what our GPU can do!" type deal.

I think Sony forgot that PC GPUs could do that 6 years ago.

Why wont the dam live stream load? Fuck you Sony

Following thru Polygon, at least they have constant updates...

Hope they plan to increase the bandwidth of PSN by leaps and bounds. What they're offering is quite nice, but their download speeds are pretty terrible right now. Hope they're ready to put up or shut up with their claims.

ivc392:
Why wont the dam live stream load? Fuck you Sony

Yeah, the streams been really laggy for me. :/

EDIT: Now it's showing off air.

Goddammit, this always happens with big streams. They get us all excited then neglect to make sure the infrastructure is strong enough to support everyone who wants to watch it.

IF you cant get this one to use twitch is hosting it too http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Damn I'm just lagging past all the specifics but I did catch him saying that they wanted the system to learn enough about you it will be able to predict what you'll buy next and download it to your PS4 before you even buy it.

wtflol

Okay... what? Downloading stuff I haven't bought yet? I dunno about that part... it's one step beyond Google ad services. I don't care how sure you think I'll like it, ask me before you download it, even if it's a demo. It's one of the things I don't particularly like with PS+ right now. Just because I have access to it, doesn't mean I want to download it.

Dayum, that presenter dude is creepy.

Also LOL @ huge ass presentation to tell us they're building a low-to-mid-range PC.

If this stream is indicative of how well the PS4 is going to work, I'll be passing on it (bad joke, bad joke.) It's been hit and miss. Some of this has been cool to see, some of it is met with a resounding "meh."

I'm just hoping that Thi4f makes an appearance. Yeah, yeah, I know, fat chance.

Wow... I like the idea of the share button.

Timmey:
IF you cant get this one to use twitch is hosting it too http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Thank you :) thanks to your link I can actually watch the conference. I thought that I might have to miss it.

That's it, the english stream is off the grid, we totally broke their livestream

omg this gaikai guy is freaking me out.

You can let your friends play your game for you over the internet. lolololol

seditary:

He said your friends can watch you play it, and can chat with you during, or post hints on the screen. You weren't listening at all, kid.

Stream is working just fine for me.

And I totally called it when they bought Gaikai; streaming games from the PS4 to the PSvita.

Ps vita being used loads with the PS4 .... jim sterling will be happy

Vault Citizen:

Timmey:

Thank you :) thanks to your link I can actually watch the conference. I thought that I might have to miss it.

NP, bit jerky at times but at least it runs :)

DAM!! PS4 seams like some sort of godly future console... Im freaking out... Still, with all these online services they will practically KILL the used game market..

Quiotu:

seditary:

He said your friends can watch you play it, and can chat with you during, or post hints on the screen. You weren't listening at all, kid.

So basically it's like the guy sitting next to you going "Yo dude, you're doing it wrong! Go over there! NO THERE! Give me the controller I'll show you..." except over the internet.

BRILLIANT!!!!

Quiotu:

seditary:

He straight out said your friends could take over the controller over the internet. Maybe you lagged past it or something.

Quiotu:

seditary:

And that also you can ask for help, and have someone take over your game and play parts for you. So yes, he was listening.

I swear, I'm lagging every time they're about to say something important, and by the time I get back to normal the moment's already passed and they've moved on.

Chessrook44:

Quiotu:

seditary:

So basically it's like the guy sitting next to you going "Yo dude, you're doing it wrong! Go over there! NO THERE! Give me the controller I'll show you..." except over the internet.

BRILLIANT!!!!

Ah, people looking at the negative. Lets ignore that it's probably gonna have a system to disable that if you want. No no, gotta get up in arms and be angry. About anything you possibly can.

Another Killzone demo... let's keep this recorded, and compare for when it's released.

dragongit:
Another Killzone demo... let's keep this recorded, and compare for when it's released.

I'm calling a total "Colonial Marines" on this.

Oh man that Killzone pre-rendered realtime possibly gameplay is pretty.

Frostbite3789:

Chessrook44:

Quiotu:

BRILLIANT!!!!

Ah, people looking at the negative. Lets ignore that it's probably gonna have a system to disable that if you want. No no, gotta get up in arms and be angry. About anything you possibly can.

Oh no, I'm not a hater. Nor a lover. I'm just indifferent and looking for things to go "Oooh that's intresting..." or "HAHA are they serious?!"

Sure you'll probably have to turn it on. I just find it an amusing visual. And one of the things webcomic artists might latch on to to mock.

Half on the console is based on online streaming and other "all-ways-online" services... hope you have google fiber..

ivc392:
Half on the console is based on online streaming and other "all-ways-online" services... hope you have google fiber..

That has me concerned. Yes the net can handle it, but this is a console not a PC, its supose to be portable and offline compatible. hmm

Damn, the amount of British talent on stage is aspiring. Gives me hope that I might be able to get into that field some day.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here