These Are The PS4's Promised 3rd-Party Developers

Pages 1 2 NEXT

These Are The PS4's Promised 3rd-Party Developers

Here are the companies that have pledged games for Sony's new console.

During Sony's PlayStation 2013 event the company showed off a list of all the third-party developers and publishers that have promised titles for the PlayStation 4. There's next to nothing in the way of confirmation of individual titles, but I imagine you can use your imaginations.

Let's get some wild theories going in the comments section, eh? We only get to do this once every seven years or so!

... Sony Computer Entertainment isn't a 3rd Party Developer! What the...

Mr.Mattress:
... Sony Computer Entertainment isn't a 3rd Party Developer! What the...

I guess they kind of are since the Playstation Housed developers (1st party) don't normally affiliate with SOE. But still I see what you mean since they're both Sony.

Bethesda has the most boring Logo

The only thing really surprising to me is that there are dev's on there I've never heard of.

VALVe conspicuous in its absence. Still being coy, Gabe?

I'm interested in the Double Fine game. Most of the rest are sort of obvious.

Bohemia Interactive - Arma III on PS4??!?!?!??

ERMAHGERD!

Oh, hey! Yager is still in business! That's nice.

I searched for ever to find Valve, to then go and say "HL3 confirmed", but they are not on there. :(

Well played, Mr. Newell, well played.

CD Projekt RED? Avalanche Studios?

*Fap fap fap*

V8 Ninja:
Oh, hey! Yager is still in business! That's nice.

I was happy to see them too. I thought for sure that they would be canned after Spec Ops's less-than-spectacular sales.

MikeWehner:

ERMAHGERD!

Yeah I was like... huh. Arma III

That probably means PS4 users can play III's version of Day Z.

Yay for them.

(I almost called it War Z, jeez)

Wait...Hold the phone for a second...Paradox?

Does this mean i'm gonna see a terrible port for March of the Eagles on PS4? lol

ATLUS
PERSONA 5
Make it happen!

Well, all of my favourite import companies are present. I'll be getting a PS4 just for the next Yakuza game, Way of the Samurai, and so on.

Wait wait wait, Bohemia Interactive Studios? ArmA 3 on PS4? DayZ? Carrier Command? I wonder which game/s. Intreguing.....

Edit:

MikeWehner:

ERMAHGERD!

Damnit ninjad!!

It seems EPIC is absent from that image.

I'm guessing MS has something to do with this.

Paradox is surprising, not only for being primarily a PC developer, but one that makes fairly low end games graphically. The rest isn't too surprisng, you'd expect most of them to make something for it at some point anyway.

Well Ubisoft is there.

And Rockstar.

Which is all I care for.

Valve isn't there. How suspicious.

NEW CONSOLE ABOUND?!

Most of these aren't surprising. Biggest shock I saw was CD Projekt. Nice to see Atlus is sticking with Sony despite getting all buddy-buddy with Nintendo lately. From Software confirms Dark Souls 2 will be on the PS4.

Yes, it isn't surprising, but confirming stability helps the investors feel better.

Atlus, Bandai Namco, Nippon Ichi Software and SOE? Well, it's looking like a solid line up in my books. Now just to wait for E3 and TGS. Should be worth watching this year. I'm hoping with a new generation of consoles that here in the west we can break out of the cycle of grey and brown first person shooters.

Curiously, That Game Company doesn't seem to be on that page.

Hmm. Yager, Double Fine, Stainless, Tell-Tale Games, and CDProjectRed? Hurray! Can't wait to see what they bring!

Splash Damage, Rebellion, SOE, Atlus, Bethesda, Bohemian, Platinum, Sega, WB Games, Rockstar, Konami, 2K, Disney, LucasArts, Paradox, Bandai, and Level 5? Okay. We'll see what you lot can do. Hopefully something worthwhile.

Activision, EA, Capcom, From Software, Ubisoft. Ha! Fuck you.

The rest? Indifferent, uninterested, or don't know them.

Regardless, it's good to see a wide range of devs promising support right off the bat. Sony could seriously use it going into the next gen.

I've never been a fan of Sony's consoles, but if I'm honest, if I were to buy one of the next generation consoles, it's looking like my pick would likely be the PS4.

Though, my complete and utter disdain with Microsoft and the 360 might have something to do with that.

Atlus, baby, it's nice to see you on the list. I'm sure you'll make lots of people happy with your amazing Japanese RPGs and various other titles.

Now get to Persona 5, you slackers. It's been five years since Persona 4; You're losing my patience.

drisky:
Paradox is surprising, not only for being primarily a PC developer, but one that makes fairly low end games graphically. The rest isn't too surprisng, you'd expect most of them to make something for it at some point anyway.

Don't forget the part also about having an interface that usually too complicated for console controller. Either there are there has publisher or they are developing an unannounced game, that would be their first to not be a grand strategy or that PS4 is compatible with a mouse and keyboard, thus they are gonna test the water and see how Grand Strategy can fare on console.

irenetuer2:
I imagine you can use your imaginations.image

Am I... Is this...

Are you a time traveler?!

What sort of wizardy is this?

I'm open to this. But as always, games are all that matter. I will buy one when it's out and there are games I'm interested in.

I don't see Insomniac Games :(

Where's THQ?

Oh... right.

AC10:
Where's THQ?

Oh... right.

That sir, was a low blow.

You should be ashamed.

omicron1:
VALVe conspicuous in its absence. Still being coy, Gabe?

I'm interested in the Double Fine game. Most of the rest are sort of obvious.

Well i think Valve may have wanted to stay out of it since they pretty much hedge most of its money from PC gaming, and this is competition.

I see capcom and Rockstar there, now i cant decide whether i hate or love this list.
No, wait, paradox is there, im loving the list.

Where the hell is Nippon Ichi?

I are sad now

Tanis:
ATLUS
PERSONA 5
Make it happen!

This was my thought after gazing at the image for a few seconds.
I seriously can't see a way for Microsoft to beat that, barring having it cross platform.

DVS BSTrD:
Bethesda has the most boring Logo

And yet this is the logo I found myself most excited to see.

Tanis:
ATLUS
PERSONA 5
Make it happen!

Only if they don't region lock their games, then I am all for Atlus! Europe tends to get the short end of the stick from Atlus.

OT: Very good lineup, not sure if I am gonna drop money on a PS4, but it's nice to see new info come fast.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here