Blizzard Bringing Diablo III to PlayStation 3 & 4

Pages PREV 1 2

I'd be more interested in a port of Diablo 2, with shared-screen co-op. Diablo for the PS1 was awesome. I played through most of it in co-op with a friend a couple of months ago. Since Diablo 2 never made it to consoles, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance will be the next game we play.

Am I the only one excited about this? I never got to play Diablo III and I've always wanted to.

Hammeroj:

If it hasn't been clear to you that console versions are gonna be coming since before the game was even released, I don't know what you were thinking.

the one thing I'm curious about is how the development of mouse targeted moves points towards console development.

AstaresPanda:
so the last time they made consoles games was the Snes days and then they abbandond console for PC, now decades later they claim they want to get back to their roots ? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh ok Blizz if you say so lol

Diablo 1 was on PS1

Sniper Team 4:
Am I the only one excited about this? I never got to play Diablo III and I've always wanted to.

How good is your internet and how do you feel about lag?

Eric the Orange:

Hammeroj:

If it hasn't been clear to you that console versions are gonna be coming since before the game was even released, I don't know what you were thinking.

the one thing I'm curious about is how the development of mouse targeted moves points towards console development.

As far as the actual gameplay goes, there's not that much to indicate it - the low amount of non-directional targeted skills, the utterly simplistic skill trees, the inventory, the skills being limited to the magical number of 4 non-mouse slots (left/right trigger, face buttons) - but it's stuff that's there and definitely lends the game better to a console version.

Now, I'm not trying to say that it's that way because they want a console version out, frankly because I've come to expect this sort of simplistic LCD[1] design, but the way the game ended up you really only need one or two really small direct cutbacks to get the game out on consoles and given Blizzard's design philosophies as of late it would be news for them not to do it.

Also, all those sly "we're possibly maybe thinking of porting this to consoles more than half a year before our game's out and we don't have its core systems down" quotes were more than a little bit of a hint.

[1] Lowest common denominator.

If nothing else, this would be a good litmus test for the PS3 market to see how tolerant they are of grindy bullshit.

Losing the Diablo series to corporate greed was a travesty, but wow, this obvious favoritism is just insulting.

To anyone who defended Diablo 3 leading up to release, defended the Auction House, defended the Always-Online requirement:
*slaps the taste out of your mouth*

You naive, short-sighted fools.
I don't blame you for ruining the Diablo series, but I do blame you for ensuring it wouldn't properly punish Blizzard.

And now they're going to do it again on PS3/4.

Why is it that not a single one of the so-called game "journalists" asks the burning, direct question: "Why did you lie? Always-On isn't intrinsic to your game, as we now see. Why did you lie?"

Not just to the Blizz people at PAX, but to the Maxis folks as well, as soon as they make their next public appearance.

Just a simple "You said A, but time and reality have proven it to be blatantly false. Why?". To their faces, where they can't ignore your emails, where there's no wiggle room left. One sentence. No talking around the bush.

Oh, and if anyone already did: Please link me to the source. I'd dearly like to read about it.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here