Square Enix Kicks Off Massive Xbox Live Sale

Square Enix Kicks Off Massive Xbox Live Sale

For the next week Square Enix is offering almost its entire catalogue of Xbox 360 games and DLC for 50 percent off their standard prices.

It seems that every week a new, impressive sale crops up on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Publishers love the digital distribution scheme because it completely negates distribution costs. As a result, even massively discounted titles will generate a profit. Knowing this, it comes as little surprise to see publisher Square Enix offer a swath of generous discounts, but few could have anticipated the size and scope of the firm's latest promotion.

We'll get to the full, extensive list in just a moment, but first a few highlights.

While most discounts in this sale are a simple 50 percent off, a few titles have received even deeper discounts. The excellent Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for instance, is now available as an Xbox Live On-Demand title for a mere $15 -- that's 60 percent less than its standard price. Likewise, virtual Hong Kong action flick Sleeping Dogs has been marked down to a very tempting $20, while Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days can be yours for only $10.

But it's not just full games seeing huge discounts. This sale also applies to downloadable content issued by Square Enix. All of the DLC for Sleeping Dogs has been discounted by half, along with offerings for Just Cause 2 and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Have a look at the full scope of the deal and try not to go too overboard on your purchases. The sale ends on March 18, so you've got a few days to decide which games and DLC are really worth it. All prices are listed in terms of Microsoft Points, unless otherwise noted.

XBLA

Mensa Academy - 400 MSP
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 MSP
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 600 MSP
All Zombies Must Die! - 400 MSP
Puzzle Arcade - 400 MSP
Geon: Emotions - 400 MSP

Games on Demand

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $14.99/8.99/€14.99 (60% Off)
Tomb Raider: Underworld - $9.99/8.99/€9.99 (50% Off)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Now $9.99/8.99/€9.99 (50% Off)
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - Now $9.99/8.99/€9.99 (25% Off)
Mini Ninjas - $14.99/8.99/€14.99 (50% Off)
Supreme Commander 2 - $14.99/8.99/€14.99 (50% Off)
Dungeon Siege III - $9.99/8.99/€14.99 (50% Off)
Sleeping Dogs - $19.99/8.99/€14.99 (44% Off)

DLC Packs

Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution

The Missing Link in Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 600 MSP
Explosive Mission Pack - 120 MSP
Explosive Mission Pack & Tactical Add On - 320 MSP

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

A Hazardous Reunion - 200 MSP
Raziel and Kain - 200 MSP
All the Trappings - 200 MSP

Just Cause 2

Black Market Aerial Pack - 80 MSP
Black Market 'Boom' Pack - 80 MSP

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Beneath the Ashes in Tomb Raider: Underworld - 400 MSP
Lara's Shadow in Tomb Raider: Underworld - 400 MSP

Battlestations: Pacific

Carrier Battles Map Pack in Battlestations: Pacific - 280 MSP
Mustang Unit Pack - 80 MSP
Volcano Map Pack - 280 MSP

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Alliance Weapon Pack - 120 MSP
Multiplayer Masks Pack - 80 MSP
The Doggie Bag in Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - 280 MSP

Sleeping Dogs

Tactical Soldier - 80 MSP
Street Racer Pack - 160 MSP
The Swat Pack - 160 MSP
The Movie Masters Pack - 80 MSP
Nightmare in North Point Pack in Sleeping Dogs - 280 MSP
Police Protection Pack - 120 MSP
Martial Arts Pack - 120 MSP
GSP Pack - 120 MSP
Deep Undercover Pack - 120 MSP
Triad Enforcer Pack - 120 MSP
The Dragon Master Pack - 320 MSP
Square Enix Character Pack - 80 MSP
Top Dog Silver Pack - 80 MSP
Top Dog Gold Pack - 120 MSP
Red Envelope Pack - 120 MSP
Retro Triad Pack - 80 MSP
The High Roller Pack - 120 MSP

I'm sure the many fans of square enix on these forums will be pleased.

Though I wonder, how many developers do such a thing? To make such a big sale?
Steam has them all the time and I imagine many publishers and developers growing jealous of Valve.

I can finally get Sleeping Dogs. Woot!

I have to say those are some pretty good deals. But I must ask, who would honestly even buy Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days!? That game was just plain awful. Then again I know someone who bought Duke Nukem Forever brand new recently. He paid $20 for it and now he won't stop complaining about it despite me telling him it was bad.

Which of the massive amount of Sleeping Dogs DLC is worth it?

Picking it up due to this sale!

Looks like I may nip down to my game shop and pick up a lot of Microsoft points and go on a spending spree so I have some stuff to play in the summer.

Also, might pick up some Deus Ex DLC, but what ones are good and what ones are duds?

I find it kind of funny that whenever Square Enix has a sale like this, they almost never include anything from their main studio. I mean, why no FFXIII-2 DLC? Actually, did FFXIII-2 even get any DLC on XBL?

No Infinite Undiscovery? Squenix, I am disappoint.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
I find it kind of funny that whenever Square Enix has a sale like this, they almost never include anything from their main studio. I mean, why no FFXIII-2 DLC? Actually, did FFXIII-2 even get any DLC on XBL?

Speaking as someone who bought the Gilgamesh DLC the second it came out, XIII-2 does have DLC over XBL, but the fact that none of it is being discounted is disappointing as it was really the only DLC I'd be interested in. Oh well, looks like I'll just continue ignoring it.

Let's whip up a price-comparison chart:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Xbox Live €14.99 (60% Off) - Steam €11.99
Tomb Raider: Underworld - Xbox Live €9.99 (50% Off) - Steam €9.99
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Xbox Live €9.99 (50% Off) - Steam €9.99
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - Xbox Live €9.99 (25% Off) - Steam €14.99
Mini Ninjas - Xbox Live €14.99 (50% Off) - Steam €12.99
Supreme Commander 2 - Xbox Live €14.99 (50% Off) - Steam €12.99
Dungeon Siege III - Xbox Live €14.99 (50% Off) - Steam €19.99
Sleeping Dogs - Xbox Live €14.99 (44% Off) - Steam €49.99

Bottom line: Even WITH a "mega sale" the average Xbox consumer is being over-charged. The only one that really stands out on that list in Sleeping Dogs still standing in at full price. Did I mention these are all the current and non-sale prices? in the Square Enix sale Steam had a few weeks ago take all those prices and knock off 75%. Hell the Missing Link DLC for DE:HR is on sale for 600 MSP (roughly €6) and I bought DE:HR + all 3 DLC packs (including Missing Link) for €6.65.

it's a good sale, but I already have Sleeping Dogs and the main DLC :P awesome game tho

tempted to try the Lara Croft GoL game lol

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here