Pikachu-Themed 3DS XL Coming to North America

Pikachu-Themed 3DS XL Coming to North America

A limited edition 3DS XL is making its way to North American retailers to coincide with the launch of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

Earlier this week, Nintendo teased a Pikachu-themed 3DS XL in a commercial for the upcoming 3DS game Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. After hinting at a big announcement last night, Nintendo has made it official via the Pokemon Twitter account: the Pikachu 3DS XL is coming to North America on March 24.

More information is available on the Pokemon website, which states that the 3DS XL will be available in limited quantities at GameStop, Toys R Us, GameStop, and Walmart with a retail price of $199.99. Though it's coming out the same day as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, the Pikachu 3DS XL doesn't come with the game, but will include a 4GB SD card.

The bright yellow model was available in Japan for a limited time last year, as was a fiery Charizard model. Maybe that Charizard 3DS XL can make it to North America with this fall's release of Pokemon X/Y, hmm, Nintendo?

Sarah LeBoeuf:
The bright yellow model was available in Japan for a limited time last year, as was a fiery Charizard model. Maybe that Charizard 3DS XL can make it to North America with this fall's release of Pokemon X/Y, hmm, Nintendo?

That would be great, then American nerds would finally get to experience the wonder that is Dungeons & Dragons!

Ah so Pikanips is finally making it's way Stateside.

Also I'm pretty sure it wasn't just available in Japan, considering both my brother and a friend have them, and I believe they both got it from GAME.

But yeah, that Charizard one does look rather badass. However, I believe it's only available to members of an official Japanese fan club thing for Pokemon unfortunately D:

...Pikachu looks like he has tits.
I'm now considering buying this since I have to buy one for Luigis Mansion, AC: New Leaf, and Pokemon X, however those would be the only games I would ever be buying....

EHKOS:
I'm now considering buying this since I have to buy one for Luigis Mansion, AC: New Leaf, and Pokemon X, however those would be the only games I would ever be buying....

Why? There are a lot of great games other than those for the 3DS. Try some new games. Try some older genre's that you thought you didn't like. You may end up liking them.

Goes for all consoles.

WHAT!!! We get the Pikachu one and not the Charizard one???? NOOOO

DVS BSTrD:

Sarah LeBoeuf:

That would be great, then American nerds would finally get to experience the wonder that is Dungeons & Dragons!

But Charizard isn't a dragon.....

I do really hope that the Charizard 3DS comes to the States, I want it so bad! If I'm to get a 3DS for Pokemon X/Y, then it's gonna be the Charizard one.

Granted, I still need a job and/or gobbs and gobbs of free money in order to get them.

And here I was thinking that a joke about Pikachu having black nipples would be "new" and "funny" on this board. Nah, you guys beat me to it. I do still need a 3DS, but I'll wait to see what kind of promotional design they inevitably release alongside Pokmon X and Y.

Does anyone besides me think it looks more like Pichu than Pikachu?

Http Kinda want one but the only game I'm interested in playing would be pokemon, so slapping down that much money for 1 game is silly.

That and I don't live in 'murica...

Might get a cheap second hand ds and play that instead but I can always game on my phone.

... I'm so conflicted...

The Charizard 3DS is by far the superior design!

I wish I'd waited a bit for the release of these XL versions when I bought my 3DS. The original design really isn't very ergonomic, especially for people with big hands.

This is pretty awesome, even though it's just picture of Pikachu on a 3DS. The theme reminds me of the Pokemon Yellow Gameboy Color bundle from the late 90s and early 2000s.

I've always appreciated the colourfulness of themed consoles, but don't care to buy them.

If it didn't have that white spine I'd buy it the second I could :(.

twaddle:
Does anyone besides me think it looks more like Pichu than Pikachu?

That's because it is literally a Pichu head with Pikachu arms.

Literally.

Truly very little has changed...

I would prefer a Raichu one, but eh, Pikachu is the mascot, I have a working 3DS so I won't be getting an XL.

Plus, as people have stated, the Charzard one looks better.

EHKOS:

I...can't...unsee....

DVS BSTrD:

Sarah LeBoeuf:

Go to your room. That pun was terrible.

Finally a reason to buy a 3DS. Now I just need some games to play...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here