Big Deal on the Internet: BioShock Infinite, Luigi's Mansion

Big Deal on the Internet: BioShock Infinite, Luigi's Mansion

Remember March 26th, because a great game was released today. We'll let you guess which one.

The highly promoted and anticipated Bioshock Infinite released today. There were some decent pre-order offers for the PC download version, but they've all ended now. However, there is still one solid bonus offer left. Green Man Gaming has your choice of bonus - either a $15 store credit or $14 cash back. Choosing cash back effectively makes the game $46.

This past Sunday's release of Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for the 3DS has garnered rave reviews from critics and players thus far. It gets an 85/100 Metacritic rating and 4.2/5 stars at Amazon. Kmart has the game for $33.24 with $0.99 shipping - elsewhere you'll pay the full $40 list price.

This month's release of Tomb Raider gets a sizeable $18 drop in price at Amazon today - and today only - bringing Xbox 360 and PS3 versions to $41.99. You'll pay $12 more anywhere else. The game's received very good reviews, with IGN and community ratings both above 9.0.

The Germany-based retailer GamesRocket doesn't always have the best gaming deals out there, but every now and then they'll have a gem or two. Today the PC download of Prototype 2 is only $10.49. GameFly discounted it this week to $15.66, but prior to this week, this is the lowest price ever by $6.

Steam is in the middle of their Indie Spring Sale, which features hundreds of PC downloads at up to 75% off their list prices. The mix includes titles that won or achieved Finalist status at the Independent Games Festival. Solid deal examples include Dear Esther for $2.50 and Frozen Synapse for $6.24 - both 75% off list.

Big Deals of the Week

BioShock Infinite + $15 Credit or $14 Cash Back (PC Download) - $59.99 at GMG.

UK is £23.99, no bonus. The Season Pass is £12.80 after coupon. For 360 owners, Rakuten has the game for $55.99.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (Nintendo 3DS) - $33.24 plus $0.99 shipping at Kmart.

List is $40 and is retail price almost everywhere else. Deal expires April 1.

Tomb Raider (Xbox 360, PS3) - $41.99, (PC) - $34.99 at Amazon.

Next best is $54 at Kmart for console, $50 at Green Man Gaming for PC. Deal expires today.

Prototype 2 (PC Download) - $10.49 at GamesRocket.

Next best is $30 at Amazon.

Indie Spring Sale - up to 75% off hundreds of PC download games at Steam.

Sale ends March 29.

Green Man Gaming

Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC Download) - $26.80.

Next best is $33 at Amazon. Deal expires March 28. UK is £32.

Trainz Simulator 12 (PC Download) - $8.

Next best is $40 at Amazon. Deal expires March 28. UK is £5.

Circus World (PC Download) - $7.19.

Next best is $30 at Origin. Deal expires March 28. UK is £6.

Amazon

Resident Evil: Revelations (Wii U) - $39.99.

List is $50.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Xbox 360) - $46.99.

Next best is $55 at JR.com.

Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U) - $39.99, (3DS) - $19.99.

Next best is $53 at Overstock.com.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (PS3) - $29.99.

Next best is $40 at Best Buy.

Dragon's Dogma (Xbox 360) - $18.59.

Next best is $49 at Overstock.com.

NBA 2K13 (PC Download) - $9.99.

Next best is $30 at Green Man Gaming. Deal expires March 27.

GameStop

Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360, PS3) - $29.99.

Next best is $58 at Overstock.com.

Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3) - $29.99.

Next best is $53 at Overstock.com.

Best Buy

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PS3, Xbox 360) - $39.99.

Next best is $52 at Amazon. Deal expires March 30.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Nintendo 3DS) - $29.99.

Next best is $40 at Rakuten.

FIFA Street (Xbox 360) - $14.99.

Next best is $20 at Amazon. Deal expires March 30.

GameFly

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PC Download) - $23.99.

Next best is $60 at Amazon.

The Amazing Spider-Man (PC Download) - $19.99.

List is $50.

Singularity (PC Download) - $7.49.

Next best is $30 at Amazon.

Gun (PC Download) - $2.49.

List is $10.

GamersGate

Stronghold Midweek Sale: Up To 83% Off (PC Download) - UP TO 83% OFF.

Next best is $30 at Green Man Gaming. Deal expires March 28.

Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai (PC Download) - $7.49.

Next best is $30 at Green Man Gaming. Deal expires today.

Gaming Hardware

NVIDIA Free 2 Play Bundle - at Amazon.

Buy a video card, get up to $150 of in-game credit for free-2-play games: World of Tank, PlanetSide 2, and Hawken.

iBuyPower Gaming Desktop - $739.99 at Best Buy.

Specs: 8-Core AMD FX-8120, 16GB RAM, and Radeon HD 7850. List is $830.

Dell XPS 8500 Desktop - $699.99 at Dell Home.

Specs: Ivy Bridge Quad Core i5-3350P, GeForce GT 620, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, and 23" monitor. List is $930. Deal expires April 3.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y400 952325U Laptop - $799 at Lenovo.

Specs: Ivy Bridge Core i7-3630QM, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 650M 2GB, and Blu-ray. List is $1,249. Deal expires March 27.

Sennheiser X320 Xbox 360 Gaming Headset - $69.99 at Ebay.

Next best is $95 at Amazon.

dealzon:

iBuyPower Gaming Desktop - $739.99 at Best Buy.

Specs: 8-Core AMD FX-8120, 16GB RAM, and Radeon HD 7850. List is $830.

Dell XPS 8500 Desktop - $699.99 at Dell Home.

Specs: Ivy Bridge Quad Core i5-3350P, GeForce GT 620, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, and 23" monitor. List is $930. Deal expires April 3.

I am not a computer expert, but both of these seem like ridiculously good deals compared to the other ones. Surely they'd normally cost a hell of a lot more than that?

Legion:

I am not a computer expert, but both of these seem like ridiculously good deals compared to the other ones. Surely they'd normally cost a hell of a lot more than that?

The thing is computers are so cheap these days that yeah, the prices are a bit ridiculous.

The iBuyPower isn't too bad given you'll get a decent fast mid-range GPU in the 7850. The FX-8120 isn't exactly latest and greatest tech though, given it was a late 2011 release CPU. Think of it as a bit slower than 2nd gen Intel Core i5.

As for the XPS 8500... the Core i5 3.1 Ghz is decent, but the GT 620 is a low-end GPU (you'll probably want to upgrade to game more seriously); the 23-inch IPS panel is a great addition though (usually around $200). Normally this config goes for around ~$800.

I just realized we didnt specify what type of 23-inch monitor, but yes, if you don't want to build your own machine.. the XPS 8500 listed there isn't too shabby of a deal. Plop in a $150 mid-range GPU and you're good to go on basically all the games out there at respectable settings.

dealzon:
Plop in a $150 mid-range GPU and you're good to go on basically all the games out there at respectable settings.

Like the 7790 or the tahiti based 7870's?

Incidentally does BioShock Infinite from GMG in the UK still come wth a bunch of free games? Cuz it did when you pre-ordered, put Steam to shame on that front really glad I waited to pre-order it.

Checked, sadly it has passed ): oh well, £24~ is a fucking brilliant price for what I can already say is gonna be one of if not the best game of the year.

SkarKrow:

Incidentally does BioShock Infinite from GMG in the UK still come wth a bunch of free games? Cuz it did when you pre-ordered, put Steam to shame on that front really glad I waited to pre-order it.

Checked, sadly it has passed ): oh well, £24~ is a fucking brilliant price for what I can already say is gonna be one of if not the best game of the year.

I think the 7870 is a bit out of the price range ($200-240 USD?) but the 7850 isn't a bad pick (usually around $165). I'll go with the 7850 over the 7790, even though that was decisively made for the $150 price market. The 128-bit memory bus on the 7790 is going to be a bit frame limiting on certain games at high res.

Re: BioShock, yeah, some of us are hitting ourselves for not jumping on the pre-order deals a bit earlier. The bundle of free games is probably one of the most enticing pre-order offers we've seen in awhile (especially since they're all very decent titles). I think it'll be a long while until BioShock is at that price value again, but a launch price of £24 is solid.

Still, here's hoping I'll eat my word and the game is super cheap. Like many, I watched Adam Sessler's review of the game and got really pumped up.

dealzon:

SkarKrow:

I think the 7870 is a bit out of the price range ($200-240 USD?) but the 7850 isn't a bad pick (usually around $165). I'll go with the 7850 over the 7790, even though that was decisively made for the $150 price market. The 128-bit memory bus on the 7790 is going to be a bit frame limiting on certain games at high res.

Re: BioShock, yeah, some of us are hitting ourselves for not jumping on the pre-order deals a bit earlier. The bundle of free games is probably one of the most enticing pre-order offers we've seen in awhile (especially since they're all very decent titles). I think it'll be a long while until BioShock is at that price value again, but a launch price of £24 is solid.

Still, here's hoping I'll eat my word and the game is super cheap. Like many, I watched Adam Sessler's review of the game and got really pumped up.

7870's are about £180 so yeah maybe a bit out of the price range, but they're relatively cheap and the tahiti based models are essentially cut down 7950 and for £180 that's some brilliant bang for your buck. The 7850 or 7770 are great for their price too, AMD does have the low to mid market covered well right now. The FX chips are pretty cheap in the UK nowe, 8350's go for £150, so idk, there's a lot of disparity between hardware prices across regions, especially when you factor in the ludicrous taxes in some places.

Yeah I just thought to check GMG in the middle of last week and saw that it was 30% off and came with a free copy of BioShock, XCOM Enemy Unknown, and then another 2K game (Darkness 2 for me) and thought that I'd be mad to pass it up. Just got the season pass at 20% off too from them.

I'm only maybe a third through (unless the last half is really fast for whatever reason) but it's a damn good game so far.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here