EA Exec Claims DRM Is a "Failed Dead-End Strategy"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

And you're still insisting Sim City required always online regardless. That's cute, that's uber cute. Do you play dead too?

Charli:

And you're still insisting Sim City required always online regardless. That's cute, that's uber cute. Do you play dead too?

Only above the neck. The rest does sort of a chicken-with-its-head-cut-off dance to create the illusion of life.

Alright, it's a start. Now follow through with what you just said. That's going to be the hard part, because I bet you guys are going to go RIGHT back to your shoddy business practices, horrible employee treatment policies, and general douchbaggery and that you got some fresh piece of meat to say this in an attempt to gain better PR, because it is so goddamned easy to predict a proverbial cornered rat's actions.

you see, you did this in order to release the pressure the the press has been putting on your ass, and you'll go right back to what you were, pathetic and detrimental to the entire gaming market, as soon as that pressure lets up. But the pressure won't drop, no sir, not from this, you need results, you need to follow through with those words you most likely scripted for Mr. New Meat.

Can you prove me wrong? THEN FOLLOW THROUGH.

So what you're saying is that persistent online connection is the game's key feature... so why the fuck doesn't it work?

Well I guess SimCity's failure isn't due to EA being evil, just incompetent to the point of psychosis.

They're probably still evil, though.

saintdane05:
I know this is completely off topic, but the dude in the news thumbnail (From the main page) is cute . Really, really cute.
Look at taht.

why does the term "baby face killer" come in mind....

I'm a little bothered by the fact that this statement basically reads "The problem wasn't DRM because there was no DRM; the problem was we let the creative team do what they wanted."

Which would mean that is a thing they are less inclined to do in the future.

Longstreet:
When i read the title all i could shout out was 'no shit sherlock'

Do love it how he still tries to downplay the sim city lauch though."
But,

"SimCity's connectivity requirement was simply an unavoidable consequence of "building a massively multiplayer experience.""
No it wasn't

"you don't always know what the customer is going to want."
I'll give him some credit here, that is true. With new IP's and all. But,with sim city it was pretty cut and dry what the customer wanted.

"You have to innovate and try new things"

BAHHAHAHAHAHA. This coming from EA?

"If you play an MMO, you don't demand an offline mode, you just don't. "
True, but there are a few key differences between Simcity and WoW. Something to do with being able to connect and all.

I know,right? Sure we can demand an offline mode. BECAUSE THEY NEVER ASKED FOR IT TO BE ONLINE ONLY. I concur.

Andy Chalk:
Digital rights management,

I prefer the much more descriptive term, Digital Restrictions Management.

"If you play an MMO, you don't demand an offline mode, you just don't.

Methinks this Gibeau person has never, ever, not once, entered the online fora of any MMO, ever.

Furthermore, I disagree. Digital Restrictions Management can be done decently and without treating your customers as criminals.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here