Archaeologists Uncover Gate to Underworld

Pages PREV 1 2

fletch_talon:
I like when stuff like this is found. It revives a little bit of the world's mystery and fantasy. I'm well aware that there'll be some volcanic vent underneath there and not a river of souls, three headed hound, spooky ferryman or captive godess, but its fun to imagine.

I agree. :) It's always fun when we find a mythical site and we get an understanding of WHY people thought it was so special.

Although this site is CREEPY AS HELL. 0_0 I wonder how many people tried to go in in order to save a dead loved one from Hades, and never came back...

Cookiegerard:
Oh god, this reminds me of a comic book series so much, but I can't think of the name of it. I only read the first issue but it is something like, people find the door to hell, open it by mistake, deamons pour out, they send in a strike force of American soldiers to try and close it, they fail, and the issue ends with them letting some guy out of prison so he can try something. But the thing I remember about it most is a double panel where it shows hundreds of flying deamons circling Big Ben. Please, I need someone to help me figure out what this comic is called.

Gears of War? Sounds exactly like the very first GOW game...

They found the door to my secret lair!?!

Quick boys to plan B!

GamemasterAnthony:

VoidWanderer:

Eric the Orange:
Huh, I'll be interested in what they find when they send a team down in haz-mat suits.

Hopefully EA's dignity?

Well...now you're just making an assumption here. I mean...did EA HAVE any dignity to begin with?

FalloutJack:
Okay, guys? If you find a big door shouting "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL DOOMSDAY!", do me a big favor and LEAVE IT ALONE!

Just saying.

You sir get bonus points for remembering that episode of The Real Ghostbusters.

We both dang well know, for a fact, if they find that door,we're boned. Military curiousity.

*wears Pit's clothes from Kid Icarus Uprising, and activates the Power of Flight, diving straight into the hole* Your days are numbered, MEDUSAAAAAA!!!!!

OT and being more serious: Wow o.o I can't wait to see if there's a legit Underworld or at least something interesting down there. This is kinda exciting~

That's really interesting, I can see how this would make a great chance for scientists to explore the cave and see what they can find but then again- it's highly dangerous even if you're able to hold your breath for about a minute or so. But luckily to this day and age, we have suits that can provide oxygen no problem.

But still, I wish to know what lies there... might be new animal species for all we know. Then again, most need to breathe so it's unlikely we'll find any there unless it's a particular insect or something.

GamerMage:

GamemasterAnthony:

VoidWanderer:

Hopefully EA's dignity?

Well...now you're just making an assumption here. I mean...did EA HAVE any dignity to begin with?

FalloutJack:
Okay, guys? If you find a big door shouting "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL DOOMSDAY!", do me a big favor and LEAVE IT ALONE!

Just saying.

We both dang well know, for a fact, if they find that door,we're boned. Military curiousity.

True...especially since we both know the military will prolly try to take on whatever comes out of it out of sheer machismo.

thehorror2:
Carbon Dioxide? Are we sure they didn't say "dioxide" while meaning "monoxide"? Because this is what that sounds like. Also, CO2 can't kill trees, they breathe it.

Um, too much of anything can kill anything.

We breathe oxygen, but too high of a concentration kills us.

Also, I hope once they finish exploring the place, that it becomes a tourist attraction again. I'd love to go there and leave a pomegranate for Persephone.

I think visiting this place has just ended up on my List of things to do.

GamemasterAnthony:

GamerMage:

GamemasterAnthony:

True...especially since we both know the military will prolly try to take on whatever comes out of it out of sheer machismo.

I hate the military's stupidit

Well that is one hell of a discovery isn't it?

Whellp... Should make for a fun tourist attraction, provided (A.) gas masks are mandatory, and (B.) the environmentalist groups don't make them seal it up again for the sake of the birds...

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call
To storm or fire, the world must fall
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death

Oh crap it's happening!

"The Eunuchs of Cybele, a fertility goddess"

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that make no sense?

ArcossG:
Seven half-bloods shall answer the call
To storm or fire, the world must fall
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death

Oh crap it's happening!

Oh dear God! Now it's time for something I thought was appropriate: "

Four Gods wait on
the windowsill
Where once eight Gods did war and will
And if the Gods themselves may die
What does that say for you and I?