Anonymous Attacks North Korea

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Please everyone stop saying "North Korea" and just say "North Korea's stupid childish leadership" The population is a beaten down wreck and have as much to do with all this as the average levelheaded American people did with the patriot act and war on terror.

On one hand it's nice to see a little bit of egg on the leaderships face. But on the other hand some poor fucker probably got shot over this.

Voulan:

Chessrook44:
The more people do this, or laugh at North Korea or make jokes about them... the more I wonder just how much they want to tempt fate.

I absolutely agree. The arrogance in some of these posts is mindblowing, hoping war does start so that we can have "chaos because it's fun!" and because "with our combined alies they have no chance!" and also "why don't we just attack them first?" is actually unnerving. Those were actual things people have said in this thread, paraphrased. I think people are under the impression that war is fun, and totally justifiable if the enemy is different from them. I don't support North Korea, but this reaction is pathetic, and they seem to forget its a real place with real people, and invading just because is not a good reason.

I know I'm being a bit serious, but I'm really disappointed with some people. I would blame the "America, F*** yeah!" craze, but it's not just the US that thinks this about foreign nations. And it is the Internet, after all - people are always arrogant.

I personally feel more about how I've seen people going "Aww, the little kid is blowing his mouth off again" and stuff like that. Maybe I watch too much media but come on, this just feels like schoolyard bullying before the kid buys a gun and goes on a rampage.

Maybe I'm stretching the metaphor a bit there but still... come on people.

Desert Punk:

lacktheknack:

MrMan999:

North Korea doesn't have a missile that is able to strike anywhere near the US Mainland. And there are anti-missile batteries stationed in Guam, Japan and South Korea in case anything does happen.

Regardless, it's a much bigger story than "Anon Vandalized A Thing" when a country is literally on the brink of declaring war on the USA.

They arent on the brink of doing anything. Do a little research for gods sake.

Their military is PATHETIC compared to the forces that are arrayed against it.

Their missile technology is decades behind the countermeasures ready to be brought to bear against them.

They KNOW that if they take one step along the path of war that they would be slapped into oblivion in the same way you might slap an ant crawling on your arm.

The only reason they make statements like the one you are shaking and whimpering over is so that they can gain international acceptance. "look at us, we are willing to go toe to toe with the most deadly military in the world. No really we are! We can do it! Please consider us a legitimate threat and deal with us on equal footing! ...Please?"

I've done my research.

The state of their military is more or less irrelevant. I say this, because they're restarting a nuclear facility that produces bomb-usable plutonium after the US dropped two fake bombs on them a week or so ago.

That's a response only an insane dictator gives.

One who's insane enough to start a war they cannot win.

And while most other countries would be safe if they started chucking nukes, I can't say I'm anything resembling happy that North Korea is going to be "wiped". There's people there who need help, you know... the kind of help that bombs don't give.

Atmos Duality:
Throwing rocks at the hornet's nest again, eh Anonymous?
Not sure what defacing their social networks will accomplish...

Incidentally: If North Korea fires one nuke, anywhere, whether it hits or not, North Korea will cease to exist within the year.

Within the year? Try within the week! The Minuteman ICBM can deliver three nukes with one launch to three different targets! The Russian R-36 can deliver TEN in one launch {Each with between 550 to 750 kiloton yields, For comparison the bomb dropped on Hiroshima had a yield of only 16 kilotons!) Considering that the recent UN sanctions passed unopposed I seriously doubt that the DPRK will be able to find any allies if it starts an actual war!

All it would take is about three launches at most and possibly only one well-placed launch to force the DPRK back to the negotiating table

lacktheknack:

Desert Punk:

lacktheknack:

Regardless, it's a much bigger story than "Anon Vandalized A Thing" when a country is literally on the brink of declaring war on the USA.

Their missile technology is decades behind the countermeasures ready to be brought to bear against them.

They KNOW that if they take one step along the path of war that they would be slapped into oblivion in the same way you might slap an ant crawling on your arm.

The only reason they make statements like the one you are shaking and whimpering over is so that they can gain international acceptance. "look at us, we are willing to go toe to toe with the most deadly military in the world. No really we are! We can do it! Please consider us a legitimate threat and deal with us on equal footing! ...Please?"

I've done my research.

The state of their military is more or less irrelevant. I say this, because they're restarting a nuclear facility that produces bomb-usable plutonium after the US dropped two fake bombs on them a week or so ago.

And while most other countries would be safe if they started chucking nukes, I can't say I'm anything resembling happy that North Korea is going to be "wiped". There's people there who need help, you know... the kind of help that bombs don't give.

That nuclear facility that they restarted? Yeah that wont be turning out anything useful for right around 4 to 5 years from now according to most experts.

So its not really an insane tactic, insane people tend not to plan for years and years in advance. It is just one more media grabbing plow that seems to have caught attention of folk who get all antsy.

Besides, kill a few thousand NK troops, help millions... I personally figure killing several thousand would be better than leaving tens of millions under that regime. Then again I tend not to support tender footing around while people suffer over the long haul.

lacktheknack:
There's people there who need help, you know... the kind of help that bombs don't give.

And there's no justification for foreign intervention at this present time. People want NK to throw the first stone so the powers that be are justified in moving in there and shutting the place down permanently.

Any aid that goes to North Korea is just temporary relief that doesn't solve the serious underlying problem - corrupt leadership and oppression. The only way to 'solve' North Korea is by military intervention and removing the current administration.

It's not as though there's even a question as to who would take over after. There's this neighboring nation with a very similar name, incredibly wealthy and productive with very high standard of living that is more than willing - for humanitarian reasons alone - to assume administration. Every piece of the puzzle is in place apart from the justification to actually move in with military force.

doggie015:

Atmos Duality:

Incidentally: If North Korea fires one nuke, anywhere, whether it hits or not, North Korea will cease to exist within the year.

Within the year? Try within the week! The Minuteman ICBM can deliver three nukes with one launch to three different targets! The Russian R-36 can deliver TEN in one launch {Each with between 550 to 750 kiloton yields, For comparison the bomb dropped on Hiroshima had a yield of only 16 kilotons!) Considering that the recent UN sanctions passed unopposed I seriously doubt that the DPRK will be able to find any allies if it starts an actual war!

All it would take is about three launches at most and possibly only one well-placed launch to force the DPRK back to the negotiating table

Woah woah woah... why would the world respond with a nuclear attack? There would be no need to. Certainly the world could just flatten that area entirely but if that was something we were willing to do it would have been done by now. We still care about the unfortunate innocents of the nation who are held in what is essentially serfdom.

Mumorpuger:
I'm baffled as to why we're just sitting around waiting for them to throw the first punch.

I would guess because the people in the know are aware that there is no first punch, and this war they keep going on about is just a propaganda tool to stop the people from revolting; there is no food, electricity, etc because they are at war.

Desert Punk:

lacktheknack:

Desert Punk:

I've done my research.

That nuclear facility that they restarted? Yeah that wont be turning out anything useful for right around 4 to 5 years from now according to most experts.

So its not really an insane tactic, insane people tend not to plan for years and years in advance. It is just one more media grabbing plow that seems to have caught attention of folk who get all antsy.

Besides, kill a few thousand NK troops, help millions... I personally figure killing several thousand would be better than leaving tens of millions under that regime. Then again I tend not to support tender footing around while people suffer over the long haul.

Again, it's not about what the factory will put out... it's about what it represents.

And running in guns blazing tends to be a thing that leads to other, worse things. You call it "tender-footing", I call it "not being idiots". Because all we need right now is to upset NK's allies, right?

Because whether they strike first or not, other countries will never stop looking for reasons to hate the USA.

I thought most of North Korea's internet (the tiny, tiny amount they have) is there own server that is completely severed from the world wide one.

Abomination:

doggie015:

Atmos Duality:

Woah woah woah... why would the world respond with a nuclear attack? There would be no need to. Certainly the world could just flatten that area entirely but if that was something we were willing to do it would have been done by now. We still care about the unfortunate innocents of the nation who are held in what is essentially serfdom.

You can only kick the hornet's nest so many times before they strike

lacktheknack:

Again, it's not about what the factory will put out... it's about what it represents.

And running in guns blazing tends to be a thing that leads to other, worse things. You call it "tender-footing", I call it "not being idiots". Because all we need right now is to upset NK's allies, right?

Because whether they strike first or not, other countries will never stop looking for reasons to hate the USA.

It represents...a showboat maneuver to put people on edge because they dont know that the things will need massive repairs before they can even start doing anything with it.

And NK's allies are...china...and they already said that they wouldnt step in to help NK militarily, and they wont do anything economic either because their economy is so closely tied in with the US that they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

You can quake in your shoes and whimper as much as you like, but rest assured, there is really nothing NK could do that would be a bother, and their allies are just as annoyed with them as we are. Hell their one ally was one of the first to jump on the new sanctions proposed by the UN.

I think you overestimate just how many friends an isolationist little state like NK has and what they are willing to do for them.

LysanderNemoinis:
When I witness asshole-to-asshole combat, I hope both sides can lose equally. Like with World War II, I'm tempted to go by who has the lesser body count, which means I'd root for Anonymous. ...Then again, when it came down to Communist Russia and Nazi Germany, I'd be rooting for the Germans. Oh well.

I'm sorry but what?
Why?
Nazi Germany was the worst thing ever, how could one ever support that? Even compared to Soviet Russia?

OT:
Well, I don't really think this will help resolving this situation but also I don't think that this seriously is going to kick off the war

I don't think that they depend on their computers all that much. You need more than a bunch of self-important script kiddies to affect that regime.

WanderingFool:

Daverson:
Anonymous! Setting in motion events that will lead to the death of millions of innocent South Koreans!

...would someone remind me why people support these guys?

You... do realise that North Korea has about 5 computers in the whole fucking country... I doubt many N. Korean citizens even know about this, than alone actually saw the message.

It's not the average citizens that'll care, it's how the people in power in N. Korea (who might possibly own one of those 5 computers) might react to this provocation.

Heh, wow. People really think Anon's actions are going to be a tipping point, or have any effect at all in this situation? Granted NK is lead by a group of insane little assholes, but I mean come on. Anon threatening NK is about as noteworthy as Nk threatening the US. It's not. It is in fact as others have mention sword-rattling/dick waving. If the folks in charge of North Korea are crazy enough to actually launch a suicidal attack, they will find a reason to do so no matter what we do. So why bother humoring them by getting upset over this eh? My advice like always is to chill out.

Funny, but jesus christ, please stop poking the north Korean bear. Soon enough they're going to flip like a well-done pancake, let's not hurry that shit along. :/

Patrick Buck:
Funny, but jesus christ, please stop poking the north Korean bear. Soon enough they're going to flip like a well-done pancake, let's not hurry that shit along. :/

Is there a reason not to hurry it along? Because ending everything that is the current North Korea (the human rights violations, the shitty quality of life, the psychotic leaders, etc.) seems like something we should do as soon as possible. Sure there'd be a conflict, but their military is absolutely pathetic and I doubt the populace, no matter how brainwashed by propaganda, will be pretty open to things like current-age medicine, technology, entertainment, food, rights, and so on.

Fuck north korea. Let's just get it over with and either kill kim or simply launch all our nukes at their pathetic third world country.

Under different circumstances I wouldn't mind... but with the threats of nukes... that really isn't helping...

LifeCharacter:

Patrick Buck:

Is there a reason not to hurry it along? Because ending everything that is the current North Korea (the human rights violations, the shitty quality of life, the psychotic leaders, etc.) seems like something we should do as soon as possible. Sure there'd be a conflict, but their military is absolutely pathetic and I doubt the populace, no matter how brainwashed by propaganda, will be pretty open to things like current-age medicine, technology, entertainment, food, rights, and so on.

Mmm, but you can be sure that before they go they're going to sling nukes in every which direction. Peacefully dealing with them seems the best way.

Anonymous is really in the right here. They're simply killing off the Propaganda machine within North Korea in an effort for members of North Korea and its citizens to realize just how piss poor their technology is in an attempt to incite rebellion within North Korea while simultaneously weakening resolve within the ranks. Anonymous can now also use the passwords they've retrieved in order to issue propaganda of their own; reveal the state of the rest of the world, the follies of the North Korean dictatorship system, and demonstrate just how silly the idea of going to war with even one first world nation would be.

We have more than ample defenses to mitigate any North Korean attack, so Anonymous may be the only ones that can seek out a somewhat peaceful resolution for all involved, with the exception of possibly the citizens of North Korea, as an insurgency will always have its casualties.

Patrick Buck:

LifeCharacter:

Patrick Buck:

Mmm, but you can be sure that before they go they're going to sling nukes in every which direction. Peacefully dealing with them seems the best way.

Has it even been proven that they're capable of slinging nukes in any direction? I know North Korea is telling everyone that they can, but they also claim to have found unicorns and use pathetic photoshops as examples of their military might.

I think the real problem here is not the might of the North Korean army. If they attack and they're subsequently crushed in a year or a month or a day, that would be "great" for many people. But we should not forget that many people could die and any loss of life, no matter the numbers, is a horrible thing.

So even if they launched a nuke at South Korea and killed just one person... well, that's one too many dead.

Oh that pic of Kim Jong Un as Pigsy is hilarious, would love a poster version. Seriously if there is one regime that deserves to have the piss taken out of it its North Korea.

That jumped up little shit of a dictator has been swinging his dick too much of late, maybe this will help show him just how much of a bad joke the rest of the world considers him.

Yep, poking the bear and giving the guy who's running loose with reality a reason to launch a weapon of massive destruction isnt a terrible idea in anyway. BUt hwat does anon care, they're above things such as law and reason and sense.

Seriously though I dont know where they get off saying they're the 99% when they have more than enough power to cripple people, make life miserable, and generally censor the internet to their desire just like the US Gov. and DPRK's Gov. That's hardly the 99%. Sure their members maybe part of the 99%, but i bet some of their members are also some of the low 1% or very very upper edges of the 99%. And the group itself is anyhting but the 99%

knight steel:

That made my day, since I love watching Naruto Shippuden. Thank you for the laugh.

OT: This isn't going to help anyone out. That picture will only enrage Kim (or his army) thus will commence in attacking the US as a sign of 'Don't mock me' and war will break out. I'm honestly a bit nervous, but won't panic to this. Peace may be an option just it'll be harder to achieve then the 'first one to strike and all bets are off' sequence.

Caramel Frappe:

knight steel:

That made my day, since I love watching Naruto Shippuden. Thank you for the laugh.

OT: This isn't going to help anyone out. That picture will only enrage Kim (or his army) thus will commence in attacking the US as a sign of 'Don't mock me' and war will break out. I'm honestly a bit nervous, but won't panic to this. Peace may be an option just it'll be harder to achieve then the 'first one to strike and all bets are off' sequence.

Omg a fellow Naruto fan....can it be YAY

Can......can we be friends?

Here we have Anonymous show they have no fucking clue what they are doing, despite all their skill with computers. Yes lets piss off the insane nuclear armed nation even more, its not like they are erratic to the point of insanity.

But the call to rise up is what gets me, assuming any North Koreans saw this (and they almost certainly didn't since this is propaganda for external consumption, with any who did see it being so few it doesn't matter) do they really think they are going to start an uprising because of bunch of people halfway around the world and behind keyboards, utterly unable to affect their situation said to do so and that they would have their back?

Anonymous could fuck up my life pretty hard, but they can't really touch North Korea.

Genocidicles:
North Korea has computers advanced enough to connect to the internet?!

Not for the average person no. I have heard that supposedly they are getting more connections in more areas, but when they can kill you for having a cell phone that calls outside the nation I doubt that means anything.

Kinda moot point anyway since the site they attacked was based in China. They haven't actually done anything to anyone in North Korea.

Mumorpuger:
I'm baffled as to why we're just sitting around waiting for them to throw the first punch.

Because they may or may not do something, if you attack first they will certainly do something and at this stage that will be causing a whole lot of death and destruction because NK said some stuff that people didn't like. Thats sure to make South Korea and Japan, nations who are entirely in range of the Norths missiles, less that pleased shall we say.

We shouldn't want to fight North Korea, thats not a path with a bright future for anyone involved, least of all the people of the Koreas.

knight steel:
Snip

I'd love to be friends, for it's something that keeps people going believe or not these days.

And that's what this world needs to do. Find the positives and let the past go. Might be hard or unavoidable for now, but eventually people need to drop their pride, their grudges, their hatred or greed.. and keeping it real for their people. You are suppose to represent your government and support those who live in your country. Then again I am just an anonymous user online, no person in charge of USA or North Korea are going to listen to me. Still, want to voice my opinion!

Patrick Buck:

They're more like the North Korean bee. A bear is a credible threat, all a bee can do is kill itself to try to hurt you.

lacktheknack:

America would destroy North Korea. They have:
1. the biggest military budget in the world.
2. the biggest gun:citizen ratio in the world
3. crazy nationalists in power and stupid red necks

I'm not a fan of American politics or culture because of this, why would anyone attack them?

I seriously would support any military action to take out the government in North Korea, just to liberate the millions dying under the regime.

For shits and gigs it should be China who does it. Imagine, your only possible friend in the world coming into your house and stabbing you in the back to claim glory of your puny body.

Desert Punk:

I think it's more that "the new guy in charge" has to "prove he's worthy of his father's name" lest an unfortunate accident befall him; and that basically means giving the hardline military leadership free lease to stir up shit. My personal opinion? Kim Jong Un isn't exactly an ace of spades, but more like a seven of clubs if we talk the card-styled wanted lists.

doggie015:

Nuking North Korea? Yeah I'm pretty sure that South Korea, Japan, China and Russia would be overjoyed to have to deal with the fallout that gets swept their way by the winds. Radioactivity and irradiated soil don't care about national borders.

JokerboyJordan:

For shits and gigs it should be China who does it. Imagine, your only possible friend in the world coming into your house and stabbing you in the back to claim glory of your puny body.

That friendship is all but done. China has told them repeatedly to calm the fuck down. The lastest batch of sanctions went unopposed in UNSC, with both Russia and China voting in favor. And while Russia has up to this point tried the "everyone calm down and avoid escalation" rhetoric, their last response was "North Korea's continuos defiance to the UN resolution is nothing short of appalling".

Benpasko:

They're more like the North Korean bee. A bear is a credible threat, all a bee can do is kill itself to try to hurt you.

Maybe the bee is hoping you're allergic...

Anyway.

If DRPK tries to mobilize, their infrastructure is liable to implode within hours. But in that time, they can still shell the fuck out of whatever is in range of their artillery, and it doesn't matter that artillery is outdated by mothern standards, those things still hurt, those things still kill.

History loves irony. It's also full of examples of just what happens whenever people go "Let's just blast them, it's going to be a quick and easy war, and we'll make it home in time for dinner."

Lot of misplaced faith in the west/USA'a military capabilities in this thread, cuba , korea, vietnam i know they get spun a lot but if were honest not exactly victories were they? were a month off the 10 year anniversary of the victory in iraq according to Bush but last i heard the body counts still going up daily. And the Afghan war....

OK the DPRK is backwards in a lot of ways , but they have a 5 million reservists with 3-5 years military training more than most US army does now. they have the largest fleets of subs in the world , the most special forces of any nation. they may have old jets but they do have 1700 of them. They must have at least 1000 computers for 1000 cyber warfare specialists the military has. they arent constrained by any treaties and use those blinding lazers the chinese developed that got outlawed. they do have EMP bombs gps scramblers a fuck tun load of heavy artillery and tanks.

sure they may not have a delivery method for their nukes, but of course they might its not like the UN inspectors get to go in there and we dont exactly have a good accounting of where all the old soviet stock piles went either, we do know for a fact though that they do possess a large stockpile of both chemical and bio weapons. did they get a batch of small pox off the old soviet regime? want to find out the damage a vial of that will do in a modern metropolitan city? or a weaponised Ebola strain

The very simple reason we don't go in and remove the regime is simply because we can't , the nuclear option? well apart from the hopefully obvious moral problem of wiping out a country to get rid of a regime , get yourself a map of the area, your going to do a lot of damage to china and japan a part of russia , 3 countries you probably dont want to piss off in a nuke throwing competition.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here