Iranian Scientist Claims Mastery of Time Travel - UPDATED

Pages PREV 1 2 3

LordLundar:
I do think it's entirely possible. Just like in this comic:

Praise be to Howard Tayler and his illustrated work of awesome.

That said...

They're probably denying it now because an old man in a Delorean, a young man in a blue box, and H.G. Wells stole it off of them for the sake of our sanity. World's crazy enough as is without peoplle claiming time travel.

WanderingFool:
Out of curiosity of seeing the update, I check this article. So I missed it the first time around. Now that I did se it, any specific reason you chose that particular image?

Seriously?

;)

Andy Chalk:
"The Americans are trying to make this invention by spending millions of dollars on it where I have already achieved it by a fraction of the cost."

This line alone sounds like a late-night infomercial. "How much would you expect to pay for this device? $500? $400? I'm practically giving it away for 3 easy payments of $19.99!" - cue mandatory Iranian audience applause.

Andy Chalk:
Seriously?

Wow, I didn't catch that either. I had forgotten about that scene in Timecop. My first look at the image I thought that was Christian Bale and didn't even wonder why you had used that picture - but lol yeah, I think you're showing our your age... :P

Andy Chalk:

WanderingFool:
Out of curiosity of seeing the update, I check this article. So I missed it the first time around. Now that I did se it, any specific reason you chose that particular image?

Seriously?

;)

I know the movie, I was asking why you chose a picture that was showing off Van Damme's ass.

The Telegraph caused a stir Wednesday with a story about a young Tehran-based scientist, Ali Razeghi, and an invention he calls "The Aryayek Time Traveling Machine." Reportedly something of a mad scientist, Razeghi claimed the device, which "easily fits into the size of a personal computer case," can predict with 98-percent accuracy the future five to eight years of an individual's life.

So.....Did he test it? Did it predict that no one would believe him?

When asked whether he was worried the machine might cause problems, he said he envisions it used selectively, to tell a couple the future sex of their child, for example.

Gee, what a noble cause. It's not like we have ultrasound.

canadamus_prime:
I could use one of those. Let me know when they start selling them at Wal-Mart.

They do. They're called Magic 8-Balls. Give it a shake, and ask it a question and it'll give you a simple Yes/No/Maybe.

He didn't even get the name right. It should be "The Aryayek Time Scrying Machine."

I hope for his sake that this is some translation error or he's even more hopelessly lost.

I love this guy though. He's a man after my own heart. I too have crazy maybe impossible ideas that would revolutionize the world if they ever came to fruition.

We need more mad bastards like him in the scientific community. People like him are like the lottery. It's a one-in-a-million shot but when it works the world is improved.

Iron Lightning:
He didn't even get the name right. It should be "The Aryayek Time Scrying Machine."

And...now I'm thinking of Beast Wars.

Shakespeare and temporal mechanics in one well-worded speech.

WanderingFool:
I know the movie, I was asking why you chose a picture that was showing off Van Damme's ass.

You can actually thank Grey for that. I was going to use the Timecop cover but he suggested I use a shot of the classic Van Damme splits maneuver - and once that came up, it was obvious that nothing else would do.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here