Community Spotlight: TizzytheTormentor

Community Spotlight: TizzytheTormentor

TizzytheTormentor, known in real life as Chris Tester, is one of The Escapist's most active members. He's been frequently nominated for this spotlight, is a member of several prominent user groups, and is a staple in many a Forum Game. He also spends a great deal of his free time playing Halo 4 online with his fellow Escapists.

You'll likely recognize him by his avatar, which more often than not features Happy, the blue cat from Fairy Tail. That should tell you something about Tizzy's personality: he's a happy person. On an internet full of pessimism, here's someone who doesn't let that get him down.

Now that we've got a fair bit of distance between us and St. Patrick's Day, the Irish lad should finally be awake and ready to be interviewed! By popular demand, TizzytheTormentor:

How long have you been a member of The Escapist, and what about the site brought you here?

Well, I assume like most people, I was introduced to the site when a friend showed me Zero Punctuation. For a time, I went to The Escapist weekly to watch good ole Yahtzee rip on the latest game to be released, but I took notice of the forums and the community, I lurked for few weeks and eventually decided to make an account and join up.

What is your favorite current Escapist feature?

When I joined up, I mostly watched Zero Punctuation as they came out, but when the Jimquistion came out, I began to watch that quite often (who can say no to Jim?) I haven't watched ZP in a while as I like to let episodes build up, but I plan to look at more Escapist content when I have time.

You are a strong participant in the Forum Games section of The Escapist. What draws you to that?

When I hit 1000 posts, I liked the community and decided to get premium membership and set a new avatar (to the wonderful blue cat you see on the forums) and noticed I never visited the Forum Games section, so I went to check it out. I found myself having a lot of fun posting in the games and talking with the many regulars.

Now, most of my Escapist friends are part of the Forum Games section, I have been inactive lately due to course work, but I will be more active once the holidays roll around, which is...right now come to think of it (thank you Easter break)

Since you're Irish, and we recently celebrated St. Patrick's Day, I have to ask you: How do you feel about the holiday and how did you celebrate it?

Ah, Paddy's day! Nowhere does it quite like Ireland!

Tradition demands a tremendous intake of alcohol and cheap bar food, so like most Irish, I got incredibly sloshed and wandered around town singing "It's a great day for the Irish" The night ended with me drinking 2 pints of water and waking up the next day listening to my mates moan over how hung-over they are.

As for the parades, I prefer to avoid when possible, not my thing I'm afraid, but people in costumes waving to you and passing out free treats is always a bonus.

What has your job experience been like? Any interesting stories?

I was a part-time worker in a self service restaurant and mostly cleared tables of trays and other small tasks, good pay and relatively easy work.

One story involved a woman from upstairs (it was a department store and the toilets upstairs belonged to the restaurant) and a woman asked me to tell my boss that there was blood everywhere over the stalls, I was very confused but told my boss who had the matter sorted. A few days later, another person came up to me telling me someone passed out in the toilets! Sometimes, I don't want to know what happens upstairs...

In your free time, apart from browsing The Escapist, what do you do with yourself?

I am currently doing a PLC course, which stands for Post Leaving Certificate (Irish for final exams) and it is usually a 1 or 2 year course, there to teach skills that may help in a profession or moving onto a higher education. I am doing a one year Hotel and Catering course which has most of my time devoted to it.

Aside from my course, I will usually be playing video games, the common pastime for most Escapees. I also hang out with friends from town and cycle around town for a bit. I enjoy reading, manga mostly and I might watch some shows or movies with my parents. I also like to watch a bit of anime here and there. I also love cooking, one of the reasons I chose my course.

Do you have a favorite game/movie/band/painting/etc. that you'd like more people to be aware of?

Currently, I have been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening and have been loving every second. I had never played a Fire Emblem game previously (due to high rarity and high prices online) but I decided to get Awakening from the eShop and have been addicted ever since. Anyone who owns a 3DS should get this game, definitely a must own. Sure I have course work that needs to be submitted, but who cares about that? I HAVE TO FIGHT RISEN AND MARRY OFF MY UNITS!

I know what some may be thinking, the game isn't out in Europe yet, so how do I play it on a region locked 3DS? Answer is, I own an American 3DS, I mostly buy my games from the eShop or when on holiday. It strangely has yet to be an inconvenience (I am unable to buy games from my local gameshop)

Other than that, I usually play Halo 4 online with a few friends from town or from The Escapist.

Do you have any pets? What are they and what are their names? If you don't have a pet, do you want one? Why/why not?

We got an Iguana 2 years ago, I was very interested in Iguanas after seeing them in a pet shop and reading the care manual on them, my family was also interested in an exotic pet, so we bought our lovely Iguana and the largest cage for 700 euro (all the others were insultingly small) and she fit in very fast. My sister and I came up with the name Mana while talking and it stuck.

Our longest pet would be our cat, Fradies (she was a [a]fraid-y cat) She was a very timid and loving cat, she usually slept in either my bed or my parents bed (she knew not to sleep in my sisters room) Sadly, as she turned 12, we learned she had a tumour that would soon kill her, after a week, we took her to the vet to put her down, preferring to have her die painlessly.

imageimage

If you would like to nominate someone for an upcoming Community Spotlight, feel free to let me, Marter, know through a PM or by posting in the official thread or user group! When nominating, please tell us why this user deserves to be in the next Community Spotlight and provide links if possible.

\,,/ IRON MAIDEN!!!
Great to get you up here Tizzy, you deserve to be chosen :D
Favorite Maiden song by the way? If you have one... can be a dificult task to choose from all the greats! :P

Holy Hellfire, congratulations to the Cat in the Blue corner for this.
(Why didn't I hear about this? Now I feel bad)

Hey, look who it is!
Congratz, the forum games wouldn't be the same without you.

Who the shit is this punk?

Seriously who cares if one of the greatest escapists has had the spotlight on them?

I love you man, well done.

I saw this

Well...what can I say - good job Tizzy and Marter. :)

Should have seen this one coming from the number of nominations you have in the Off-topic thread, congrats Tizzy!

Guffe:
\,,/ IRON MAIDEN!!!

Why thank you.

Favorite Maiden song by the way? If you have one... can be a dificult task to choose from all the greats! :P

Favorite song is 666 Number of the Beast, never get tired of listening to that!

MrCollins:
Hey, look who it is!
Congratz, the forum games wouldn't be the same without you.

I will be active in the forum games once again after my course is finished!

Evil Smurf:
Who the shit is this punk?

Seriously who cares if one of the greatest escapists has had the spotlight on them?

I love you man, well done.

Aww, I love you too man!
Manly bro hugs!

TizzytheTormentor:

Guffe:
\,,/ IRON MAIDEN!!!

Why thank you.

Serious??
That's my favorite too :D

hehe...
re-reading the interview shows we share a few similar thoughts.
It wasn't a question but favorite movie and series?

Hey Tizzy! Congrats to you getting the spotlight man. You're adored by a lot of people on here you know :}

I'm sorry though to hear about your cat. God that kills me when I read stuff like that... I have a cat i'm very close to know and I couldn't imagine her having something like that.

Also you had a pet iguana? That was awesome- are they good pets, let alone social at all?

I hope you do well with your life and succeed in your career, plus I hope to still see you around on here. And again, congrats on getting the spotlight for you deserved it man ^_^.

Guffe:

TizzytheTormentor:

Guffe:
\,,/ IRON MAIDEN!!!

Why thank you.

Serious??

hehe...

I haven't watched many series or movies due to my course taking up so much time.

But I do watch Raising Hope and Modern Family with my parents sometimes and that show about the rich rednecks, Duck Dynasties.

As for movies, WALL-E is the most charming movie, Hotshots Part Deux and Airplane! are my favorite slapstick movies, I can't think of many more...although I have watched tons of them, what are yours?

Caramel Frappe:
Hey Tizzy! Congrats to you getting the spotlight man. You're adored by a lot of people on here you know :}

Thank you! I had no idea I was so well liked, let alone adored!

I'm sorry though to hear about your cat. God that kills me when I read stuff like that... I have a cat i'm very close to know and I couldn't imagine her having something like that.

It was heartbreaking, especially since we had her since I was a very small child, my dad, who never cries at anything, was close to crying when she died, don't even ask how bad my mom and sister took her death. Having a pet is wonderful, but their lives are much shorter than ours, which makes their death painful since they have been such a big part of your life.

Also you had a pet iguana? That was awesome- are they good pets, let alone social at all?

Our Iguana is very attached to us, which is apparently strange, she loves to be out of the cage (which is huge, considering we got her the largest one) and she loves to be stroked. We were told it would take several months for an Iguana to allow itself to be held, it took us a week! We got her since she was very young, which is the best time to raise an Iguana, as it grows accustomed faster. She is very social towards us, she makes a fantastic pet.

I hope you do well with your life and succeed in your career, plus I hope to still see you around on here. And again, congrats on getting the spotlight for you deserved it man ^_^.

Well, I have no idea what I plan to do with my life yet, but the course I am doing is almost finished, so that is something. I will be more active once the course ends, as much of my time has been devoted towards the course.

TizzytheTormentor:

Guffe:

TizzytheTormentor:

Why thank you.

Serious??

hehe...

I haven't watched many series or movies due to my course taking up so much time.

But I do watch Raising Hope and Modern Family with my parents sometimes and that show about the rich rednecks, Duck Dynasties.

As for movies, WALL-E is the most charming movie, Hotshots Part Deux and Airplane! are my favorite slapstick movies, I can't think of many more...although I have watched tons of them, what are yours?

Well, series is so far Supernatural, I'm just having a weird feeling that they might fuck the series up soon :,(
I've been hoping they would end it for about 2-3 seasons now but they just keep going... just waiting for the dip.

Movie: Pulp Fiction, I will watch it next week... again, it's an almost every year thing :P

Guffe:

TizzytheTormentor:

Guffe:

Serious??

hehe...

Well, series is so far Supernatural, I'm just having a weird feeling that they might fuck the series up soon :,(
I've been hoping they would end it for about 2-3 seasons now but they just keep going... just waiting for the dip.

Movie: Pulp Fiction, I will watch it next week... again, it's an almost every year thing :P

Kind of like how I watch WALL-E in some shape or form every month!

I have to rewatch Pulp Fiction, I loved it the first time I saw it.

As for Supernatural, I have heard about it, hope it ends before the quality sinks, no one likes it when that happens...

TizzytheTormentor:
Thank you! I had no idea I was so well liked, let alone adored!

Of course you are! Crap you had what? 4 people in a row recommend you to be on the Spotlight? That's something :}

It was heartbreaking, especially since we had her since I was a very small child, my dad, who never cries at anything, was close to crying when she died, don't even ask how bad my mom and sister took her death. Having a pet is wonderful, but their lives are much shorter than ours, which makes their death painful since they have been such a big part of your life.

Isn't that the truth .. well, I am glad your cat lived happily with you guys and that it can rest in peace now. I don't know how most of the world feels, but animals are unique and important in everything they do (except wasps...) but apart from that, I volunteered at an animal shelter for 2 years so i've seen quite a bit of things. The animals are well taken cared of, but they need homes or else they'll always live in an average size room with little attention.

Our Iguana is very attached to us, which is apparently strange, she loves to be out of the cage (which is huge, considering we got her the largest one) and she loves to be stroked. We were told it would take several months for an Iguana to allow itself to be held, it took us a week! We got her since she was very young, which is the best time to raise an Iguana, as it grows accustomed faster. She is very social towards us, she makes a fantastic pet.

Thank you for your feedback on that.. truth be told, I was talking to my girlfriend about what pets we can have. She wants an English Bulldog and I was leaning towards a cat.. but, I did want something unique plus I love reptiles. So an iguana came to mind. Now I may indeed get one, since we've agreed to only have 2 pets at the time lol.

And though i've expressed it before- congrats getting the spotlight. I'm glad to of also learned a bit about yourself though I still don't know why you have that cat as your avatar from Fairy Tale haha.

The Irish make for great friends I've found. I've got one in Tizzy. :D

Congrats on the spotlight mate!

I'm getting totally wasted tonight in your honor!

Okay, maybe I was planning on drinking heavy tonight anyway.... <.<

I'm always a day late and a Dollar short to these threads :(

Oh well, here's my official conglaturations Tizzy! You bring joy and other cheesy emotions to the forums and you're my third favorite escapist... Top ten, not bad :)

I don't have a top ten. Don't worry xD
I hate love all my 'pist buddies equally.

And when School's over this coming week, I promise I can get back whooping you in Halo 4 ;)

Calibanbutcher:
Holy Hellfire, congratulations to the Cat in the Blue corner for this.
(Why didn't I hear about this? Now I feel bad)

I know, he really deserves it.

Nice one, Tizzeeeeeeeh!

TizzytheTormentor:
Favourite song is 666 Number of the Beast, never get tired of listening to that!

"Rime of the Ancient Mariner" is mine.

Redlin5:
The Irish make for great friends I've found. I've got one in Tizzy. :D

Congrats on the spotlight mate!

I'm getting totally wasted tonight in your honor!

Okay, maybe I was planning on drinking heavy tonight anyway.... <.<

Everyday is a good day to get wasted, only now you have a better excuse!

TopazFusion:
Excellent spotlight. Long overdue, and well deserved! :D

Why thank you, divines bless your kind heart *1 gold removed, received The Gift of Charity*

Caramel Frappe:
Isn't that the truth .. well, I am glad your cat lived happily with you guys and that it can rest in peace now. I don't know how most of the world feels, but animals are unique and important in everything they do (except wasps...) but apart from that, I volunteered at an animal shelter for 2 years so i've seen quite a bit of things. The animals are well taken cared of, but they need homes or else they'll always live in an average size room with little attention.

Well, one of my neighbors across the road adopted a puppy they found on the streets while visiting Cork, she has grown up very happy (and obnoxiously bark happy) My uncle adopted a dog recently at an animal shelter, it was so attached at first that when my uncle left the room, the dog would cuddle up to his jacket, cutest thing ever, it is a bit more independent now, but we believe the dog was abused before my uncle got him, might have been kicked, since he got scared when people lifted their feet.

Thank you for your feedback on that.. truth be told, I was talking to my girlfriend about what pets we can have. She wants an English Bulldog and I was leaning towards a cat.. but, I did want something unique plus I love reptiles. So an iguana came to mind. Now I may indeed get one, since we've agreed to only have 2 pets at the time lol.

An Iguana does require unique care though, depending on where you live is a factor, as well as what to feed them.

Do NOT by any means feed them Spinach or Iceburg Lettuce, these can be fatal to an Iguana, although our Iguana simply adores Butternut Squash and Dandelions.

Also, Iguanas get big, very big!

And though i've expressed it before- congrats getting the spotlight. I'm glad to of also learned a bit about yourself though I still don't know why you have that cat as your avatar from Fairy Tale haha.

I became a fan of Fairy Tail a good year ago and loved it, Happy was (and still is) my favorite character, he was just really awesome to me. I like Fairy Tail, but I have this thing where when I love something a lot, I end up nitpicking it really thoroughly and ending up seeing tons of faults, which Fairy Tail does have a lot of.

Maybe one day you will match my brilliance Tizzy :3

Congratulations.

TizzytheTormentor:

about time they release a picture of you.

now i can send in my monkeys...

muahahahahaha! MUAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Gratz Tizzy! I am nearing the end of my second play through of Awakening myself at the moment. Gods, it's such a fucking good game.

Marter, you should have asked more Fire Emblem related questions XD

T0ad 0f Truth:
I'm always a day late and a Dollar short to these threads :(

Oh well, here's my official conglaturations Tizzy! You bring joy and other cheesy emotions to the forums and you're my third favorite escapist... Top ten, not bad :)

I don't have a top ten. Don't worry xD
I hate love all my 'pist buddies equally.

And when School's over this coming week, I promise I can get back whooping you in Halo 4 ;)

Also, you think you so good at Halo 4? You won't be laughing when I chase you with killballs and put mines in every tight corridor!

rhizhim:
about time they release a picture of you.

now i can send in my monkeys...

muahahahahaha! MUAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Not if I send mine first!

lRookiel:
Maybe one day you will match my brilliance Tizzy :3

Congratulations.

My brilliance outshines your brilliance! *totally not vain*

Fappy:
Gratz Tizzy! I am nearing the end of my second play through of Awakening myself at the moment. Gods, it's such a fucking good game.

Marter, you should have asked more Fire Emblem related questions XD

Now we can gush all we want about Fire Emblem: Awakening!

Who was your favorite unit?

TizzytheTormentor:
-Snip-

Dude, I don't know. There are too many good ones. If I had to pick one I think it would be Lon'qu. He was just... so cool. He also is the king of clutch moments in my playthroughs.

Fappy:

TizzytheTormentor:
-Snip-

Dude, I don't know. There are too many good ones. If I had to pick one I think it would be Lon'qu. He was just... so cool. He also is the king of clutch moments in my playthroughs.

Yes, Lon'qu was awesome! His gynophobia also made most of his supports funny as hell.

I paired him up with Panne and made a killing machine for a son (he had Astra)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here