U.S. Senator Says Violent Games Are "Practice Simulators"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Oh look another doddering old person in a position where they're talking about something they know nothing about and consequently fear it.

Just another day.

Eh. I didn't vote for her.

Jaden Kazega:
Am I the only one who thinks these two statements seem to conflict each other? Am I reading this wrong or misunderstanding what she's trying to say, or did she just contradict herself?

Yeah, it's details like that which make Feinstein come across as indecisive. No worries though. Both parties have been picking fights with the media at large this past year.

Only three pages of everyone losing their shit over someone who doesn't matter?

Swell.

The female senator is right, I'm currently practicing a LOT in Saints Row 3.

Feinstein? Not understanding what she's talking about?! Color me shocked!

I'm sure she would feel differently if.. I don't know, she actually played some video games for herself?

Always hearing about politicians and senators hating on video games, but more then half, if any.. ever played a video game with guns or even a video game altogether. They should try it sometime, it's not a drug or anything illegal. Video games are like movies and books .. heck, you could say that some guy could get his 'training' on how to kill from a cooking show due to how the knife cuts up all that meat.

Yeah see, it's ridiculous to even talk about. I wish they focused on improving our economy please.

>Refuses to ban guns in real life because it's unconstitutional
>Wants to ban guns in video games, in a country supposedly founded entirely on freedom of expression

AMERICA, EVERYONE! /sarcastic applause

Riobux:

Swell.

More like 3 pages of jokes. No one even takes this old kook seriously anymore. I know I sure as hell don't.

oh look another loony senator whats new i think these stories should be banned

everythingbeeps:
It's always disappointing to find out that your elected officials are actually really stupid (particularly those, like Feinstein, who are from my own party!) Democrats are supposed to be the smarter ones.

We're not even talking about difference of opinion here. These people are dumb.

People who are dumb shouldn't be allowed to affect laws.

I always thought that Democrats were the hippies that think they know what you need better than you do, and the Republicans are the fat bastards that are perfectly content as long as they get to see an explosion in some foreign country every few minutes.

Don't really see the appeal to either, really.

Why can't it be a requirement that in order for a politician (well anyone really... but especially politicians), they have to actually research the issue, and actually understand what they're talking about?

'Series of tubes', anyone?

Anyway... I already know why that'll never happen: because then, every politician would have to remain silent for the rest of their careers.

This makes me rage real hard.

I cant stand ignorance. If someone doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about, then shut up. She should disappear from politics.

No way anyone's getting rid of Feinstein no matter how crazy the shit is she says because she's rich and connected - like the vast majority of politicians. She'd need to be caught doing multiple felonies to have any hope of getting her out of office.

Scars Unseen:

I always thought that Democrats were the hippies that think they know what you need better than you do, and the Republicans are the fat bastards that are perfectly content as long as they get to see an explosion in some foreign country every few minutes.

These days it's the lesser of two evils. I'm democrat because I agree with most of what they stand for, but also because I think republicans are inherently evil and need to be stopped. Most republicans will probably agree with the reverse.

Mr. Omega:
I'm just going to post this video every time a politician starts talking about how bad fake guns are while we haven't passed any sort of laws to fix up our loophole-filled, poorly enforced gun laws.

awesome, and perfect demostration of the stupidity of politicians everywhere

everythingbeeps:

These days it's the lesser of two evils. I'm democrat because I agree with most of what they stand for, but also because I think republicans are inherently evil and need to be stopped. Most republicans will probably agree with the reverse.

And you're both being played against one another, avoiding the sins of the people you put in office because the other guy is 'so much worse'. They're both corrupt millionaires who's only concern is to enrich their friends and themselves yet somehow you got it in your head that you're preventing a catastrophe from taking place by letting the one you like personally sit in charge. The catastrophe's already happening.

everythingbeeps:

Scars Unseen:

This is why I don't partake in partisan politics. All it does is divide the common folk to have them pitted against each other while both parties pull all kinds of bullshit behind the ensuing smoke screen.

Edit: Ninja'd by Moosejaw

20 years from now, people like this bitch will no longer have power.

Moosejaw:

everythingbeeps:

And you're both being played against one another, avoiding the sins of the people you put in office because the other guy is 'so much worse'. They're both corrupt millionaires who's only concern is to enrich their friends and themselves yet somehow you got it in your head that you're preventing a catastrophe from taking place by letting the one you like personally sit in charge. The catastrophe's already happening.

Yes, they're both corrupt millionaires. But we have to vote for one of them. It's just the trap we've found ourselves in because we weren't careful about how we created this democracy. It's a nice sentiment to pretend that we can vote for someone else, but it just doesn't work that way. Politics is completely broken in this country, and all we can do is pick the lesser of two evils. I'll vote for the guy who ISN'T going to try to ban abortion or gay marriage. I'll vote for the guy who isn't going to try and put bibles back in the classroom. Yes, whoever I vote for is going to do a lot of shitty things, but at least he isn't going to do those shitty things.

valium:
It is not an American thing, it is an idiot thing. They happen to be all over the world, we just have a bad habit of electing them into office.

It's mostly an American thing because gun companies try to shift the blame when they come under attack after a kneejerk reaction of the occasional school shooting.

The reason she keeps getting reelected is because theres no other democrat running for election to replace her. If one did run against her she would be out by an overwhelming majority. the people who vote for her do not want a republican no matter what and any other party just doesnt get enough publicity to compete.

In Search of Username:
>Wants to ban guns in video games, in a country supposedly founded entirely on freedom of expression

Umm actualy feinstein wants to ban guns and would be more than happy with it even if it required a house to house search and seizure from the police. She really isnt all there in the head.

In Search of Username:

The one thing American Politics (and politics in general) is that you can ALWAYS get a laugh out of it.

I would rather that they fix actual problems, but what can you do?

I know that I will be beaten for this statement but... I am very happy to have Mrs. Dianne Feinstein as my senator. While I disagree with her statement,I feel that the anger on this thread needs to stop. Just because you all seem to hate your senators from your states, it dose not mean that you now have to take it out on her for a statement that was clearly taken out of context.I am a gamer that likes violent video games and even i think that video game makers need to stop making so many.What we need in this country is a better conflict resolution program, something that teaches our kids that violence is never the right answer to any problem.

Another dipshit. Typical stories as usual. Is anyone surprised?

Many is not all,believe it or not.
By that i mean: just because there has been *reports* of *gamers* doing something stupid and blaming it on Video games,doesn't mean every single one of them will do the same thing,
ain't it only about the individual on that note?
and also,i think it's more of a ...Political trick,to get the older folks to Vote on them.

Riobux:

Swell.

The sad problem is she does matter. Because people actually voted for this out of touch and delusional person. Of course we are talking about Cali residents here.

People if you want politicians to stop saying this kind of stuff, please run for office.

You can't just wait for this kind of thing to be solved by other people.

Arnoxthe1:

No games on Sundays.

i'm not sure why i laughed so hard at this XD

OT:

right, because having REAL guns and practicing shooting them and shooting live animals isn't a murder simulator but "part of life", yet video game pixels are...

*eyeroll*

mentally fucked up people go on murder sprees, not because of video games.

JET1971:

In Search of Username:

Umm actualy feinstein wants to ban guns and would be more than happy with it even if it required a house to house search and seizure from the police. She really isnt all there in the head.

Thank you for reminding the people here that she went for real guns first and lost. I've been getting the impression that people here think that she only cares about video games.

cynicalsaint1:
Meh just old and out of touch like most of our country's lawmakers.

Dammit Cynical! I was gonna say that!

This is why stupid people shouldn't be given power.

Sorry, wasn't the Sandy Hook guy the one with the Christian nutter of a mother who trained him how to use guns?

Aside from that, all the most depraved acts of violence I've ever witnessed have come from books, and I don't look this shit out; read any crime novel and I guarantee the murders in it will be more graphic than anything you find in a movie, song or video game.

Then again, books are the old enemy, so why waste time on them.

rob_simple:
Sorry, wasn't the Sandy Hook guy the one with the Christian nutter of a mother who trained him how to use guns?

Aside from that, all the most depraved acts of violence I've ever witnessed have come from books, and I don't look this shit out; read any crime novel and I guarantee the murders in it will be more graphic than anything you find in a movie, song or video game.

Then again, books are the old enemy, so why waste time on them.

After books it was movies. After that was the internet. I'm sure there will be something after games to take on the role of boogyman to cast blame onto.

Practice simulators eh? Spot on.

I'm currently training to be a Witcher right now, To think my dream of becoming a genetically enhanced monster slayer is all thanks to videogames Practice simulators, Truly we live in a wondrous world.

Hey, Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein? You know what's more of a "practice simulator" than video games? Shooting ranges.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here