Dovah Deals: Skyrim DLCs 50% off, Including Dragonborn

Dovah Deals: Skyrim DLCs 50% off, Including Dragonborn

Finally, Skyrim add-ons are less than $10

It's clear the new money-making strategy in video games is to release a big title followed by a gazillion DLC packs and expansions. Skyrim is following the formula with its 3 DLCs/expansions that rarely go on sale. But for those who hesitated to buy the $20-a-pop Skyrim add-ons, wait no longer: GameStop has them all for 50% off. All Skyrim DLCs are at their best prices ever, including the latest February release Dragonborn for $9.99 - a new low by $6. These discounts are the best part of GameStop's "PC Downloads Spring Sale". Say what you want about GameStop, but its PC download service (formerly ImpulseDriven) can be competitive with pricing - especially with the upcoming Steam Summer Sale breathing down its neck.

Lara Croft's latest adventure fell to $33.49 today at GameFly. That's the lowest price yet since Tomb Raider's March 5th release. A pretty solid drop on a AAA title without plans for additional single player DLC.

This week Amazon dropped the popular Persona 4 Golden Vita game back to $30 to price-match Walmart. (After all, if Amazon's not trying to price-match someone, what's the point in their dropping prices...just to be nice? People are already most likely to buy from them anyway. /snark) For a few weeks in March, GameStop, Best Buy, and Amazon all had it down to $30, but since then it went back up to the usual $40 price everywhere - until now. Cynicism aside, this is a great time to pick the game up if you missed the first price war.

With the server snafu basically behind it, SimCity has been getting more positive attention lately (read: actually works, and thus is worth paying for). Yesterday Green Man Gaming gave it a $10 instant discount and can stack a $10 coupon on top, dropping the price to $40. With your download, you'll also receive your choice of $10 credit toward future purchases or $7 cash back, effectively making the game $33 if you choose the latter. Although last week we saw it cheaper upfront for $32 at GameFly, that deal only lasted a day and a half. This is technically the best value we've seen since the game's rocky release if you opt for the $10 credit.

Big Deals of the Week

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC DLC/Expansion packs are 50% off at GameStop.

Dragonborn - $9.99 (normally $19.99)
Dawnguard - $9.99 (normally $19.99)
Hearthfire - $2.49 (normally $4.99)

Tomb Raider (PC Download) - $33.49 at GameFly.

Next best is $50 at Amazon. Deal expires April 18.

Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) - $29.96 at Amazon.

List is $40.

SimCity (PC Download) - $40 at Green Man Gaming with bonus.

Includes your choice of a bonus $10 credit or $7 cash back. Elsewhere $60, no bonus. Deal expires April 19.

Today's Release

Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall (PC DLC) - $8 at Green Man Gaming.

List is $10. Deal expires April 19.

Upcoming Releases

Deadpool (Xbox 360, PS3) - $47.99 at NewEgg.

Releases April 20. List is $60. Deal expires April 17.

Batman Arkham Origins (Xbox 360, PS3) - $59.99 at Amazon with bonus.

Comes with a $10 store credit and releases October 25. Elsewhere $60, no bonus.

Recent Release

BioShock Infinite (PC Download) - $42.59 at GamesRocket.

Released March 26. List is $60.

Multiple Platforms

Dead Island Riptide (PC Download) - $39.99 at Green Man Gaming with bonus.

Includes $13 credit or $10 cash back, the Survivor Pack DLC, and Risen. Elsewhere $40, no bonus.

Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360, PS3) - $19.99 at NewEgg.

Next best is $35 at Amazon. Deal expires April 17.

Xbox 360 & Kinect

Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360) - $14.99 at Amazon.

Next best is $24 at Walmart.

Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360) - $14.99 at Microsoft.

Next best is $19 at Amazon.

PS3 & PS Vita

MLB 13 The Show (PS3) - $49.99 at Best Buy.

Next best is $60 at GameStop.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PS3) - $29.99 at NewEgg.

Next best is $41 at Amazon.

Mugen Souls (PS3) - $23.34 at Amazon.

Next best is $46 at Rakuten.

PC & PC Downloads

The Sims 3 University Life (PC Download) - $16 at Green Man Gaming.

Next best is $40 at Amazon. Deal expires April 19.

Scribblenauts Unlimited (PC Download) - $8.99 at Amazon.

Next best is $30 at Green Man Gaming. Deal expires April 17.

Dead Island Game of the Year Edition (PC Download) - $4 at Green Man Gaming.

Next best is $20 at GamersGate. Deal expires April 19.

Hardware

PS3 Super Slim 500GB God of War Ascension Legacy Bundle with God of War Saga - $299.99 at Best Buy.

A new low by $50. There's also a PS3 320GB console with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for $259.99 at Rakuten (normally $300).

Wii U Console 8GB Basic Set - $269 at eBay.

List is $300.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 1080p Gaming Laptop - $869 at Lenovo.

Specs: Ivy Bridge Core i7-3630QM, GeForce GT 750M 2GB, 1TB HDD + 16GB SSD. List is $1,349. Deal expires April 17. You can also get a Lenovo IdeaPad Y400 Gaming Laptop for $749 with the same specs, minus the 1080p screen. Both laptops received a graphics card upgrade from GT 650M to the new GT 750M, yet the Y400 is $50 cheaper and the Y500 is the same price as with the old card.

HP ENVY Phoenix h9-1420t Gaming Desktop - $862.49 plus $9.99 shipping at HP.

Specs: Ivy Bridge Quad Core i7-3770, Liquid Cooled, Radeon HD 7670, 10GB RAM, and Blu-ray drive. List is $1,150. Deal expires April 21.

I never thought I'd say this: Damn you, Steam! Still twenty bucks...

Off-topic: Whichever product has "soothing, hydrating, repairing & shine control" as qualities can kiss my ass.

The Skyrim DLC packs not applicable in my region :( That's disheartening, I've been promising myself another playthrough when a deal hits and I get the last DLC needed.

I wouldn't really describe three DLCs over the course of a year as a "gazillion".

Yes, there is a definite trend of releasing games with a ton of DLCs immediately after launch. Skyrim has not been a part of that trend with two significant $20 expansion-ish DLCs and one cheap $7 one.

Whereas the new Tomb Raider just came out last month and has NINETEEN of them available.

Oh hey, Persona 4 Golden is on sale for $30.

I condone this deal wholeheartedly. It's the best game available for Vita and if you don't have it, you're a fool.

A New World fool.

I'm sorry.

Do you think the DLC will be lower any time soon, or is this the closest we're getting?

Just want to share my experience buying the Skyrim DLC from gamestop.
I couldn't find any other way to get my steam codes, I had to install their game app and then retrieve my codes from there. Just pointing it out for those who don't like that kind of thing/the extra steps involved.

Skyrim DLCs seem to be region restricted but it's not clear to what regions. I was really looking forward to it. :(

Rednog:
Just want to share my experience buying the Skyrim DLC from gamestop.
I couldn't find any other way to get my steam codes, I had to install their game app and then retrieve my codes from there. Just pointing it out for those who don't like that kind of thing/the extra steps involved.

It's actually worse for me. I try to log in and it says the password is invalid... even if I was logged into the main site. I reset my password, and try to log in, and it says incorrect password... most of the time. When it decides that the password is valid it sometimes logs me out and sends me to see my cart and other times says that impulse is down for maintenance.

Might be a stupid question, but if I get it through Gamestop can I then activate and use it on my steam copy of Skyrim?

I got Skyrim DLC's at 50% off on Xbox LIVE a while ago...

Also, anyone with a Vita must take advantage of the Persona 4 Golden deal!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here