Bethesda Springs Second Creepy Vine Teaser

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Bethesda Springs Second Creepy Vine Teaser

The flowers burn. He watches. In the distance, a cock crows and a widow weeps. And as the lonely gloom of dusk settles upon her soul, an old woman listens to her dreams wither and die.

Okay, yes, I made up most of that stuff, but what's a guy with a word count supposed to do? I've got six seconds of burning sunflowers to work with here and no idea what's going on.

This is the second Vine video teaser Bethesda has dumped on our laps in two days, the first one being here and no more comprehensible than this. Barbed wire, music, flowers, fire, a faceless man - I can't say this is ringing any bells for me.

Speaking of ringing bells, it is perhaps worth noting that the audio track, which I had originally taken as the scratching of the old album in the first teaser, is identical in the second. Coincidence perhaps, and the volume levels are off, but as far as my ears can tell they're otherwise exactly alike. Relevant? You tell me!

In fact, that's not a bad idea at all - somebody tell me what this is all about. I'm thinking it's a lead-up to a Prey 2 reveal but that might be kind of a long shot, so I'm open to other suggestions too. Anyone? Anyone?

Source: Vine

I saw no disclaimer saying no sunflowers were harmed in the making of this 4 second loop...

OT: I still think it is a new IP, whatever it is, these cryptic 4 second loops are intriguing, if only because I have no idea what they are trying to convey.

Damned if I know. Are these teasing any tangible information or are they just pretentious horseshit. So far its looking like a game about a music obsessed flower arsonist.

Maybe Bethesda are trying to be indie and artsy, don't be surprised if we get some black and white photos of triangles.

This is all just meaningless rubbish. Its pointless. Just tell me what the game is or dont. Stop with all this pointless bullshit teasers. Its a waste of everyones time.

Looks like there could be some sort of hospital/asylum/mansion in the background so my money is on horror game.

If you are into semantics, just because Hines said it wasn't Fallout 4 doesn't mean it can't be a new Fallout game like New Vegas. Or perhaps this is just wistful thinking on my part.

CardinalPiggles:
Looks like there could be some sort of hospital/asylum/mansion in the background so my money is on horror game.

Well Senscape is releasing a horror survival game called Asylum sometime this year, but I don't think they have any connection to Bethesda.

Bethesda are publishing Team Fortress 3 and Van Gogh is the Pyro. That's my guess.

Obviously it's American Horror Story: The Game. DUN dun dun. The random images will make complete sense once you play through the entire story, just like the show!

That guy we see standing a bit behind the flowers before they burn looks a bit like a Weeper from Dishonored. My suspicion that it is some DLC for Dishonored is growing.

The7Sins:
That guy we see standing a bit behind the flowers before they burn looks a bit like a Weeper from Dishonored. My suspicion that it is some DLC for Dishonored is growing.

Or a whole new game in the Dishonored franchise.

As mentioned the thread about the first weird video... Bethesda seems to be letting the Elder Scrolls lore inmates run the asylum lately:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1444365-memospore-analysis-vii/

Not sure where they're going with it... but I do know that cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I assume the man in the background is hanging from an unseen noose?

Pooter The Magic Walrus:
If you are into semantics, just because Hines said it wasn't Fallout 4 doesn't mean it can't be a new Fallout game like New Vegas. Or perhaps this is just wistful thinking on my part.

He could also be lying. That's always a possibility.

Probably a new Wolfenstein game? It has been years since the last one and it has its 20th year anniversary.

I have it figured out now.

Bethesda is working on the next Nine Inch Nails music video.

they denied Fallout 4, but what about a fallout movie or tv miniseries? sci-fi channel would do good by picking that up, regardless of the cost.

Maybe it's an ARG

okay, so i'm going for a long shot here, but i have a theory. i googled sunflower fire, which lead me to multiple articles about Arizona wildfires. Arizona is a good location for a New Vegas 2 kinda thing, which could be further supported by the early 1900's music from the first one.

SonOfVoorhees:
This is all just meaningless rubbish. Its pointless. Just tell me what the game is or dont. Stop with all this pointless bullshit teasers. Its a waste of everyones time.

No, it's a waste of your time. Plenty of people enjoy the mystery and figuring out what it is.

martyrdrebel27:
they denied Fallout 4, but what about a fallout movie or tv miniseries? sci-fi channel would do good by picking that up, regardless of the cost.

They denied Fallout 4 but what if it's another one? Like New Vegas? Except not in New Vegas, obviously.

ninjaRiv:

martyrdrebel27:

They denied Fallout 4 but what if it's another one? Like New Vegas? Except not in New Vegas, obviously.

i actually said the same thing 2 posts down from the one you quoted, placing it in Arizona.

another possible link is the "character" of Sunflower Summers from New Vegas DLC.

martyrdrebel27:

ninjaRiv:

martyrdrebel27:

i actually said the same thing 2 posts down from the one you quoted, placing it in Arizona.

another possible link is the "character" of Sunflower Summers from New Vegas DLC.

Yeah, I spotted it. Ha, sorry...

Fallout Arizona... That could be awesome.

Sunflower Summers... That's another good theory but kind of a stretch. It'd be good if it had something to do with someone who seemed to unimportant.

Nah, they're just seeing how easy it is to screw with their fan base ;)

*Crosses fingers* Come on Gardening Simulator!

....For some fucked up reason im thinking slenderman/Marble hornets Open ended world/rpg. Dear god that's a horrible idea.

I'm thinking they got the rights to Stalker after all.

I'm more certain now that it's that horror game Bethesda has been working on ever since the announcement that they wanted to bring horror back.

Notice how it's flowers burning and the creepy atmosphere fits into the genre of horror, despair? Then again it can be as mentioned a new IP and I'm ok with that overall. I do hope they stop teasing us and tell us what the trailers are all about.

A new horror game sounds intriguing. Are there even any AAA horror games going right now?

this is actually quite brilliant.

release some utterly indecipherable teasers that could mean anything but really mean nothing.

announce something.

peoples imaginations will have already done all the work of spreading the news and declaring what a genius bethesda is for such a complex and subtle mystery. whatever you announce will have a mountain of hype to build upon solely from a meaningless 4 seconds of nonsense.

self-fulfilling hype machine ftw.

self perpetuating hype machines aren't the smartest marketing strategy
some news on prey 2 would be nice and would make up for the skyrim dlc discontinuance - maybe it'll get pushed to the next gen consoles

but i personally think it will be a horror-ish skyrim-like rpg where you play as a dude named the sun flower warrior
obviously

Andy Chalk:
snip

Not sure if just me, or said already too lazy to read the comments, but i don't see a video in your post.

After checking it out in the source though, we sure its a sequel and not a new IP.

At least they will get a lot of hype out of this which is, and lets face it, all they want.

SonOfVoorhees:

Are you sarcastic? I mean i hope you are because if not you do realise that nobody is actually holding a gun to your head and forcing you to watch these, post about it on a forum or even give a damn. As for others, well this topic is evidence that some people like this kind of stuff, while from the company's point of view this is cheap advertising because it creates awareness for their new game or what ever it might be.

OT: From the sound of the record that i keep hearing in the background and the feelings of desolation and destruction i get from the clips i'd be tempted to say Fallout 4 but it seems i should "think again".

It might be a new horror ip which would be interesting, i guess, if they don't just make another fps with stuff jumping at you.

Also why would they make STALKER? Don't they alredy have a post-apocalyptic fps/rpg game?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here