Capcom Unveils Gorgeous Free-to-Play Monster Hunter MMO

Pages PREV 1 2

Damn I love monster hunters if they'd remove the time limit on some of the boss missions I'd love it even more.

I hate grinding for new equipment and enjoy the challenge of facing tough bosses with start equipment and fighting for hours... I'm weird.

Darmy647:

Gormech:

AdamG3691:
[quote="Gormech" post="7.406061.16887878"]Okay, settle around. History time.
First we had Monster hunter, and it was good.
Sequels were made, and they too were good.
More were made but Capcom began to favor the Eastern market more, taking more and more time to release the games to the West.
Thus began the decent.
At first, it was the move to strictly the PSP for us.
Then came the memory card mandatory upgrade just to let the game load between areas at a reasonable pace.
Then when the PS3 was coming out, we bought it in hopes of a soon to be released console Monster Hunter.
They betrayed us.
Without warning, they switched to Nintendo, abandoning all of the Playstation users who had come to love the game, making those with no more money to spend after their purchase of the ps3 be left with no other option but to abandon the IP, taking on similar titles such as Dragon's dogma and Dark Souls though, they were not the same.
In the midst of all of this, there were rumors and legends of Eastern MMOs of the game, even blatant ripoffs that in comparison to what we had, were far more advanced. They too never saw the shorlines of the Western front.
Now we come to the present, given images of what could have been, now only locked away into a region far from our own where even if we found a way to play it, would lag beyond use.
At this point, many others and myself are insulted.
As a hammer user for over 980hrs, I will never buy another Monster Hunter game again.

you missed the part where sony demanded they crowbar in trophy support, and gave absolutely no help when they asked to make it online, and then essentially said "pfft, who are you going to go to? nintendo? HAH!"

capcom didn't betray you, sony did

Point taken. Still stuck with the PS3 though so I'm gonna have to settle with what I've got for now.

What..the...fuck O_O. A Monster Hunter fan who UNDERSTANDS WHAT HAPPEND!? HOLY MOTHER OF....its been years...YEARS since i've met another monster hunter fan with SENSE. Its...its glorious...;_;

It doesn't stop from Capcom being so stupid.

Here's a question...

Why does the game need ah hoc party? Why not make an actual online service? And why can't they implement torphies? I heard before that trophies are EXTREAMLY easy to add in. So that is just Capcom being lazy. Not saying Sony isn't at fault, but Capcom isn't innocent either.

Korten12:

Darmy647:

Gormech:

you missed the part where sony demanded they crowbar in trophy support, and gave absolutely no help when they asked to make it online, and then essentially said "pfft, who are you going to go to? nintendo? HAH!"

Point taken. Still stuck with the PS3 though so I'm gonna have to settle with what I've got for now.

What..the...fuck O_O. A Monster Hunter fan who UNDERSTANDS WHAT HAPPEND!? HOLY MOTHER OF....its been years...YEARS since i've met another monster hunter fan with SENSE. Its...its glorious...;_;

Here's a question...

Why does the game need ah hoc party? Why not make an actual online service? And why can't they implement torphies? I heard before that trophies are EXTREAMLY easy to add in. So that is just Capcom being lazy. Not saying Sony isn't at fault, but Capcom isn't innocent either.

I have to agree with you. Even if the whole relationship with Sony was bad, they still could've gone without regionlocking the servers. I know they really want Dragon's Dogma to work, even letting a dlc include Monster Hunter weapons into it, but they shouldn't make it a one or the other thing.

Korten12:

Darmy647:

Gormech:

Here's a question...

The monster hunter team does NOT like being bullied or even nudged. At all. Stuck in old ways and stubborn as piss? Yes. Very much so. BUT, whatever man. Also, adhoc party uses the PS3's main network power, which im sure is superior to both the vita and the psp's. Can you imagine monster hunter with latency issues? Yuck.

How cruel can they be? They trickle just enough monster hunter over here to get us hooked while holding back the good stuff for Japan until we have to go learn japanese just to get in on it. Then they make the biggest, best one yet... and they make it chinese?! If you fuckers don't bring this over here for once I'm seriously about to knock down some doors with burning torches.

http://www.crytek.com/news/cryengine--3-set-to-bring-monster-hunter-online-to-life

Crytek's groundbreaking CryENGINE® technology is being used to create Monster Hunter Online; a major new collaboration between Tencent Games and Capcom that will see the popular Monster Hunter series released internationally on Windows platforms for the first time.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/18/4238172/monster-hunter-online-free-to-play-mmo-tencent-capcom

Tencent and Capcom will develop Monster Hunter Online "for the international market," not just China, said Crytek in a press release it sent out this morning. Areil Cai, director of business development for CryEngine, added, "CryEngine 3 is the perfect fit for the series, and will ensure Tencent Games and Capcom are well equipped to make Monster Hunter Online the groundbreaking MMORPG experience fans worldwide are eagerly anticipating."

Oh it's coming. IT'S COMING! The amount of coming this is doing makes winters coming looks like garbage.

I don't think we will ever get to see this outside of China so there goes all the happiness I have gained after watching that trailer.

Oh well, one can hope.

Qitz:
http://www.crytek.com/news/cryengine--3-set-to-bring-monster-hunter-online-to-life

Crytek's groundbreaking CryENGINE® technology is being used to create Monster Hunter Online; a major new collaboration between Tencent Games and Capcom that will see the popular Monster Hunter series released internationally on Windows platforms for the first time.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/18/4238172/monster-hunter-online-free-to-play-mmo-tencent-capcom

Tencent and Capcom will develop Monster Hunter Online "for the international market," not just China, said Crytek in a press release it sent out this morning. Areil Cai, director of business development for CryEngine, added, "CryEngine 3 is the perfect fit for the series, and will ensure Tencent Games and Capcom are well equipped to make Monster Hunter Online the groundbreaking MMORPG experience fans worldwide are eagerly anticipating."

Oh it's coming. IT'S COMING! The amount of coming this is doing makes winters coming looks like garbage.

That would make my day if this was true.

Finaly a monster hunter title for PC internationaly released? But i dont trust capcom.. they are to lazy to translate most of their games for the international market anyways.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here