Bethesda Wraps It Up With Final Vine Teaser

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Bethesda Wraps It Up With Final Vine Teaser

The third and final Bethesda video teaser is here, and it makes just as much sense as the first two.

For your viewing pleasure this morning, I bring you six more seconds of inscrutable video nonsense courtesy of Bethesda, which has promised in writing that this third Vine teaser of God-knows-what will also be the last. The mystery will be revealed tomorrow, April 19, which means that if you want to prove how smart you are to friends, relatives and strangers on the internet, you better get a move on.

Not that this clip is likely to be much help, but let's take a look. It's a big window with a round, glowing electric light immediately to its right near the top, and some guy sticking his bedhead into the frame. The audio remains the same as the previous two videos, and may very well just be the result of a busted mic that nobody's noticed. And that would be it.

Some interesting ideas about what this could be leading to have been tossed around, including a new Fallout game - not Fallout 4, as Bethesda VP Pete Hines said following the first video, but Fallout "Something" - a new Wolfenstein game, a new STALKER title, Team Fortress 3, the next Nine Inch Nails video and of course Zwei. I'm keeping my nickel on Prey 2 - not that I necessarily believe that's what it is (I believe!) but somebody has to keep that torch burning.

Source: Vine

I'm still holding out for a new IP in a unique setting. Come on Beth, don't let me down!

Valve is out sourcing Half Life 3 to Bethesda. It's the only logical answer.

OT I really like this vague marketing. Super 8 did a smashing job of it as well. Give a bunch of small little drops and maybe a meta game (a la Valve's Potato thing from a few years back) mold breaking marketing FTW!

DLC/Expansion/Sequel to Dishonored? Its really hard to say. Have not seen the prior teasers and really Bethesda is increasingly losing my interest. However I base this more to any other reason the architectural style of the window. With such vaugeries, one guess is as good as any, right?

Edit: after watching the other videos, I will stick with it being related to Dishonored. We detect the same warehouse/window in Vid 2/3, and in Vid 1 we have more "classical" record that fits more with the victorian/steampunkish feel of Dishonored and would obviously exclude TES & Fallout. You might be able to point to something like Wolfenstein but to me with how well received Dishonored was and Bethesdas track histories, the devs capitalizing within the same "generation" on its last new IP makes the most sense that way for next gen it would be looking at a more fleshed out stable of titles to try to hit the ground running with in their push to have at the very least yearly releases.

Maybe Bethesda is making a horror game or something? Not that these are scary but that's the feel I get.

I still have no idea what they are cooking up, but it's definitely something psychological related. Things that look like hospitals/ asylums, barbed wire, record players, burning flowers and now... shadowy figures and silhouetted vines. It still has a Lovecraftian feel to it.

I wonder if the game will be linear or open world. yesh imagine an open world Cthulhu game.

Sadly enough at this point their silly little videos have actually made me no longer care what it is. Rather than piquing my interest they've actually managed to piss me off. It just feels they are trying too hard and puts me in mind of something not clever like those ghastly Innocent Smoothies adverts with the terrible Flash Gordon theme parody.

dragongit:

I wonder if the game will be linear or open world. yesh imagine an open world Cthulhu game.

Honestly, doing a new Call of Cthulu game is one of the few things that would personally get me excited for anything from Bethesda. Its definitely a good time with how old the last one is and how much Bethesda has "expanded" on what they can do. Perhaps it would finally be the fully fleshed out C`thulu game that so many have been wanting but remains just out of reach.

Madman Muntz:
Sadly enough at this point their silly little videos have actually made me no longer care what it is. Rather than piquing my interest they've actually managed to piss me off. It just feels they are trying too hard and puts me in mind of something not clever like those ghastly Innocent Smoothies adverts with the terrible Flash Gordon theme parody.

Indeed. just tell me what it is already or go away Bethsheda. I normally like you but this beginning to annoy me.

I would LOVE a new WOlfenstein.
Let us be honest, Wolfenstein (2009) was not bad, it was quite a lot of fun.
BUT!
Imagine something of Return To Castle Wolfenstein's level of awesomness! *drools*
I'd even settle for a HD remake of it, but a new game on Id Tech 5 with more miniguns, 13th century dark undead fantasy stuff, WW2 atmosphere, late 21st century science fiction and lots of SOMEWHAT tactical action may be very good. RTCW was the kind of classical mix between a good stealth game/Half-life 1/Doom 2, had one of the best MP modes of any game at the time (later with Enemy Territory they made one of the finest MP's in history...) and is just awesome as f*ck.

As for a new STALKER game...I do not know. I WANT a new game, but I am unsure anyone at Bethesda can do it... Anyways STALKER Lost Alpha is coming and it looks better than almost every other AAA game in the next 2 years :P .

Madman Muntz:

Same here.

I wish they and everyone would just say what they are working on then some idea of an release date like winter 2013. Like they used to.

This whole teasing crap guess what it is marketing really pisses me off

Bethesda published Call of Cthulhu didn't they? maybe it's another H.P.Lovecraft based game. the tone of the videos seem to fit.

So we'll be playing as the barded wire beard of Cuthulu's interior decorator?

Am I the only one, who doesn't exclude the option of a new IP?

DVS BSTrD:
So we'll be playing as the barded wire beard of Cuthulu's interior decorator?

. . . Who collects vintage vinyl, likes to prune flowers with a flamethrower, and is too short to reach a windowsill.

Bindal:
Am I the only one, who doesn't exclude the option of a new IP?

Yes, you are. Literally every other human being in the world is completely convinced that it can't be a new IP.

OT: I'm still hoping it's Orchestra Hero, but this teaser doesn't seem to suggest anything of the sort.

well atleast we only have to wait another day for Bethesda to stop this pretentious artsy advertising

Perhaps a new Cthulu game?

Im really interested in there new game, and we should find out tomorrow. But all these teasers are a waste of time and pointless.

I did not know that Beth had their grubby hands on STALKER. That might very well be it, it certainly fits the theme.
If so... meh. I like the first game, not bad, but not great.

Madman Muntz:

This. It's not cleverly done like the "I like Bees" Halo bit, which had a lot of people ensnared and deeply involved.
Bethesda just managed to make everyone scratch their head and go "Uh.. well. Whatever dudes."
When we finally see what it is, some might gasp or be surprised for a bit, then carry on and not give a flying fuck.

Meta as fuck

viranimus:

dragongit:

Honestly, doing a new Call of Cthulu game is one of the few things that would personally get me excited for anything from Bethesda. Its definitely a good time with how old the last one is and how much Bethesda has "expanded" on what they can do. Perhaps it would finally be the fully fleshed out C`thulu game that so many have been wanting but remains just out of reach.

A decent Lovecraft game would be welcome, but only if they can get the horror right like Amnesia did. I did a quick googling of Dark Corners of the Earth and found that there were supposed to be two sequels, one set after At the Mountains of Madness (doesn't seem to fit with the teasers) and another set during the modern day where someone goes to Innsmouth and is a direct sequel of the first game. That one doesn't really seem to fit either if the whole classical music thing is meant as a clue to the date, but is at least closer than Antarctica I guess.

Something totally new would be better though, if it happens to have an ancient god who drives people mad and has an octopus for a face then great!

Am I the only one who thinks the sound reminds one a bit of when one is dialing an old rotary phone? (WOW am I showing my age right now.)

are you sure this is the right footage, not some filler images from one of the employees that tried to figure out how the camera worked and accidently turned it on?

I personally think it might be some kind of horror game, with an overdose of film grain. Or perhaps the film grain is the horror.

At this point, I too am throwing my guess in with a new Cthulu game.
And of course it could be a new IP.

I can't seem to view any of these vine teasers, the embed doesn't work and when I click then it just comes up with a black box and shows the muted symbol.

A new IP is always nice, and it never hurts to mess with our heads a little. Although, I can agree with the callouts of this being Wolfenstein.

As for Fallout, I doubt this is #4, although even I am of the opinion it is already in some form of production by this point.

Interesting note: Bethesda owns iD (I know we know this), Quake 1's soundtrack was done by NiN... Ok I'm a big NiN fan, sue me.
I'd love to see a new iD IP with music by Reznor. Man is a musical genius. Also he was slated to do Doom 3's soundtrack but it didn't work out... And yes I'm aware that may not even be close to related to this. I just wanna have my cake and enjoy it. No lie.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R? No idea if it would be any good, but sign me up anyway!

Doesn't really look like that, but it doesn't stop me hoping.

I have to be honest. I just can't give a damn about anything other than Fallout. More so now than ever, since the announcement of no more Skyrim DLC. Sandbox games are the only ones I care for.

If it ends up being a Cthulu game, and it's really well done, then...maybe. Maybe. If it's any type of shooter (even a rehash of some old beloved shooter), I'm going to give that a big pass. No thanks.

trollnystan:
Am I the only one who thinks the sound reminds one a bit of when one is dialing an old rotary phone? (WOW am I showing my age right now.)

I still have an old rotary phone!

"Hello, yes operator? yes I believe it's a ploy, to get everyone on the Escapist to go over to the dark side, yes of course I mean IGN!"

I read it is mostly likely Zwei by the Resi Evil guy, Bethesda are publishing it. Read that on a horror movie website. Granted i would prefer a new Fallout, but this should be good. Not long to wait.

Come on, new IP, new IP, new IP.

I BELIEEEEVE IN YOOOOU. I am so over this infection of sequel/rebootitis the industry has at the moment.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here