Report: Skyrim: Legendary Edition Compiles All DLC Packs

Report: Skyrim: Legendary Edition Compiles All DLC Packs

Dawnguard, Hearthfire and the recently released Dragonborn are reported to be included in the new legendary edition of Skyrim.

Its not uncommon for publishers to release "Game of the Year" editions of games with DLC, compiling all of a game's DLC into a discounted package. Borderlands and Fallout 3 are just two examples of this. So it should come as no surprise that Eurogamer Poland has spotted a "Legendary Editon" of Bethesda's dragon slaying simulator Skyrim at a Polish retailer. The new edition will compile the full Skyrim game, along with Dawnguard, Hearthfire and the recently released Dragonborn into a single package.

The retailer had given the collection a June 7 tentative release date. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were priced at 169.90 zł (roughly $54 USD), while the PC version was listed at 139.90 zł (about $44 USD). Bethesda have given no official word on the Legendary Edition of the game, but given the fact that it recently announced it was "done with Skyrim", and the fact that it has done this kind of thing before with Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, it makes a lot of sense.

Bethesda claims that while no more DLC is due for Skyrim, it will continue to support the game, issuing bug fixes and patches for the various versions of Skyrim as necessary. "We've invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it," the company claims.

Dragonborn was the most recent, and final DLC to be released for Skyrim, and saw the player venture to the lands of Morrowind to find out that he is not the only Dragonborn in existence.

Buying the DLC separately on Steam costs around $45 USD, so this new Legendary Edition offers a pretty big discount.

Source & Image: Eurogamer

Why'd they break tradition like that? Call it GotY Edition like you did for Morrowind and Oblivion! >:O

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I've waited so long for this news, and finally my wallet is going to let me get Skyrim.

I better book off a couple of months post June 7th.

Awesome now to wait for the Steam Christmas sale to get it super cheap.

Fappy:
Why'd they break tradition like that? Call it GotY Edition like you did for Morrowind and Oblivion! >:O

give them a break, you can't expect them to behave properly when they have A DHD pack.

CardinalPiggles:
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I've waited so long for this news, and finally my wallet is going to let me get Skyrim.

I better book off a couple of months post June 7th.

Ninja'd. Though in my case, I've simply been waiting for Skyrim to drop in price, period. Took forever for the Steam version to finally be reduced in price to $40, at which point I had vague aspirations about snagging it whenever it might next go on sale. But with this news, that possibility just turned into a certainty.

-This is so unexpected; I never saw this coming!

Said no one, ever.

And this is why I'm waiting for a GOTY edition of Tomb Raider (and for it to be on sale).

This is why I didn't get any of the DLC, apart from not wanting them in the first place.

Random NPC massacres by vampires? nty

Getting to build yet more homes I never spend any time in? nty

Allowing dragons to spawn in order to get to go to Solstheim? tough decision ._.

Having a broken TV so I can't play it regardless...saves me a lot of $ lol

Question: did that huge-ass patch ever drop for Skyrim?

Man looking at it really reminds you how little DLC came out for Skyrim.

Makes me sad.

I'm still really disappointed about no more DLC. There are so many potential story lines that they could have done - the Snow Prince of the Falmer, the civil war and the Thalmor - but instead we get two terribly short campaigns and a build-your-own-house simulator. Whatever happened to those promised DLCs like Shivering Isles, Bethesda? And I thought 5 were planned?

i don't have any of the DLC yet, and considering how expensive it is, i'll probably just wait for the inevitable steam sale (especially during summer/winter sale), buy the legendary edition, and just sell/trade the regular part of the copy, unless bethesda are chodes and group the DLC into one tight package so i can't pawn off the extra copy i'll have.

It's kinda shame they only made 2 proper dlc.

Although, considering how bethesda always makes them half assed, buggy as hell and usually overpriced for their content, MAYBE it's good.

Be nice if they released all of the DLC on a physical disc. Be a real welcome for those of us who want it, but have neither the speed nor capacity on our internet plans to make downloading it viable.

Voulan:
I'm still really disappointed about no more DLC. There are so many potential story lines that they could have done - the Snow Prince of the Falmer, the civil war and the Thalmor - but instead we get two terribly short campaigns and a build-your-own-house simulator. Whatever happened to those promised DLCs like Shivering Isles, Bethesda? And I thought 5 were planned?

yeah, what happened? i thought i read somewhere that dragonborn was an expansion (whereas dawngaurd and crappy house builder were just dlc) and that there were gonna be 2 more big huge expansions after it?

Good news for me- I'm yet to get Skyrim, and I'll have to get it on a 360 without internet access, as much as I'd rather play the PC version as I did with Oblivion.

SageRuffin:

yeah the 8th of April, but no one likes it cause it fixes the "Oghma Infinium" glitch.

I just gave my pc copy of Skyrim to a mate, so I'll pick this up when it's dropped in price/dirt cheap on Steam.
Then I can play Skyrim how it was ment to be played... with ten ton of mods!

I still wonder why they dont release a modded version of the game? Would make the legendary version truly epic.

Wasn't the Legendary Edition what they called the version of Skyrim that comes with the dragon statue? Anyway, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed up until release that a Wii U version will surface. I know it likely won't but I'm going to hope against hope. Even though it likely won't drop on the Wii U I'll still probably grab it on the PS3 since I only have the basic 360 version...because I can't download shit on my 360. *sigh*

Its a decent game, if your on the fence about bugs, most have been patched out. Also, community modding for any elder scrolls game is always crazily good. If they don't patch a certain bug, the community does. Steamworks makes this so much easier.

KoudelkaMorgan:
This is why I didn't get any of the DLC, apart from not wanting them in the first place.

Random NPC massacres by vampires? nty

Getting to build yet more homes I never spend any time in? nty

Allowing dragons to spawn in order to get to go to Solstheim? tough decision ._.

I didn't bother with Dragonborn because I too don't want to spawn dragons and go down that road. I didn't like Dawnguard and thus don't have it installed. I barely touch Hearthfire.

I've been waiting for this for quite some time now. Good timing too, seeing as how I'm looking into buying a new computer fairly soon.

Steven Bogos:

Dragonborn was the most recent, and final DLC to be released for Skyrim, and saw the player venture to the lands of Morrowind to find out that he is not the only Dragonborn in existence.

Excuse me? I think you owe my Breton mage an apology. She's a bit miffed.

I'm disgusted that there won't be one more DLC. I was certain that the conflict between Skyrim and Hammerfell over ownership of Dragonstar was going to be a focus and perhaps a potential ending for our dragonborns. There is so much potential still for Skyrim, the end of Dragonborn does not feel good enough to finish the game on, it isn't like how the end of Shivering Isles basically made me think, 'well, I'm finished now, my character is a god'.

I was sure that they would do one more DLC (and I had a suspicion that the dragonborn would be killed off at the end of it). Skyrim is a great game but it isn't finished yet!

As somebody that has played mod-free, vanilla Skyrim through multiple times.

Could somebody with all the expansions on PC please tell me if this is worth buying?

Will I get as much time out of all the new content as I did with the vanilla game and how much has it been improved?

Link XL1:

Voulan:

yeah, what happened? i thought i read somewhere that dragonborn was an expansion (whereas dawngaurd and crappy house builder were just dlc) and that there were gonna be 2 more big huge expansions after it?

The PS3 happened. After the last round of them having trouble coding for that platform, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw their hands in the air and said "That's it! We don't want to touch another goddamn PS3 as long as we live!"

"Its not uncommon for publishers to release "Game of the Year" editions of games with DLC, compiling all of a game's DLC into a discounted package. But we'll make a news story about it anyways!"

Wow, it has been released on the ps3. This is major. Skyrim vanilla was too bloated to allow DLC on the system so this means they've done some major work on the vanilla version to allow this. Seeing as the ps3 version of Skyrim is why I anger-built a 32gb RAm, i7 intel core, with a decent video card (that can be bridged as desired), I don't think I'll be an early adopter of this title (aka, a beta tester).

Yes! Been waiting for this since day one!

putowtin:

SageRuffin:

yeah the 8th of April, but no one likes it cause it fixes the "Oghma Infinium" glitch.

That's no skin off my back. If I can still do the armor exploit/glitch I'm happy.

At least it's not as bad as some people when it comes to fighting games - your favorite character had an obviously broken tactic fixed so now you think the entire game is garbage. Whatever you say, god.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here