Indie RPG Takes Inspiration From PS1 Games

Pages PREV 1 2

I hope that its a game with a decent story, and not another nostalgia gimmick game like Evoland or Retro City Rampage.

AzrealMaximillion:
I hope that its a game with a decent story, and not another nostalgia gimmick game like Evoland or Retro City Rampage.

Or the literally-named "Nostalgia" on the DS.

I think it needs to take care not to just end up as "FF7 fan project", and to make sure it establishes its own image. Still, I'm intrigued.

Dear god, that running animation, though...

Looks rather nifty, but I just can't take super old school turned based combat like FF7 anymore.

Still, everything about that, even the way the camera slightly panned to the right upon entering the village is such an homage to FF7, so I may get it some point down the road.

Huge fan of the PS1 Final Fantasy's what with FF9 being my favorite game of all time. This looks great. Though that music has to be fixed. I would not be able to play this with music that off tone.

I'm getting some vicious Pokemon Colosseum vibes off of this project. Also, really like where they're going with the musical direction, clean that shit up and I'd happily buy an OST disk, all in all I'm welcoming this with open arms, PS1 era RPGs are some of my favourite games (gotta love dem pre-rendered backgrounds).

Does anyone else find the way the one girl is walking to be incredibly uncanny valley? The way the legs just aren't moving right for how she's passing over the ground *shudders*. Reminds me of silent hill 4's opening with the ghost's legs bending backward at the knee while it slid across the floor.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here