EVE Fanfest Lifts the Veil on World of Darkness

Pages PREV 1 2

NeutralDrow:
Now, though, I'm kind of wondering what the set timing is like. Most vampires are active only at night, but if they ever do other supernaturals...man, those poor Mesektet.

It would be eternal night, that's what's known. And I really doubt they'll go above and beyond the biggest few lines - Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, and Hunter (the last just because it's pretty much expected - people would like to be shooting vamp and shit). But as you said, Mage is hard I'd really want to see them attempt it, since I know CCP can produce something I just wander how would they tackle it.

NeutralDrow:
They started releasing stuff for the old series again in 2011, oddly enough. I think a new Werewolf: The Apocalypse corebook is coming out this year.

Yes, there is print on demand option and you can still buy the old books electronically, too, over at DriveThroughRPG. They are also making 20th anniversary material - there was the 20th Anniversary Edition of the VtM core book (V20 which is absolutely awesome - the best Vampire book there is) and some new supplements, like Dust to Dust (sort of a sequel to Ashes to Ashes) and a V20 Companion. They did Werewolf, too last year. I thought the W20 book is released already, though - at least I know I have it - I pledged at the Kickstarter and got an early copy but got it updated twice already. ...erm, I haven't read it though, to be honest - not much of a Werewolf player but since V20 was awesome, W20 must also be, I thought, so I got it for completeness' sake. W20 is also getting some new supplements, including a pre-made chronicle featuring...wait for it, waaaaiiit for iiiiiit - yes, no more waiting - it's Samuel Haight. Oh yeah. The Skinner, baby. WW promised it'd be actually early Sam before he was half human, half werewolf, half bear, and half pig and so on (also - not an ashtray) - just a guy who wants to skin himself some Garou. And finally, M20 is expected to have a Kickstarter later this year - probably September-November-ish or so. I expect it to be glorious. Oh, and WW have started releasing the missing revised Technocracy Convention books (so, anything that's not Iteration X) - I got the NWO one and I love it, I'm not in a rush for the rest, but I know Progenitors came out recently, not sure about Void Engineers/Syndicate.

immortalfrieza:
No way, not even Kindred society is as evil as the typical MMO player. I suppose they'll have to find ways that players can limit the power of players that get to be Princes or whatever if they decide to abuse it, though that carries it own set of problems.

OK, so a player becomes a Prince, starts abusing power and...gets quickly replaced, because the other players hate the ruler. I see no problem. Works out in LARPs as far as I know. Or something could happen to the Prince. A shame, really, but at least the Primogen would be glad to take over. To...stabilise the city, you know. And then they can elect a new puppet Prince that would better serve them the city.

Ideally, the Prince would want to keep their power, so they have to be careful not to do anything stupid. Like getting stabbed in the back - that'd be stupid.

NeutralDrow:

*snip*

Jaythulhu:

*snip*
If'n you're gaming in the World of Darkness, you're not a hero. Not by even the weakest definition of the word.

You've never played Mummy: The Resurrection, I see.

No, I haven't. I stopped paying attention after WW released the mopey ghost and emo fairy books.

Jaythulhu:

NeutralDrow:

*snip*

Jaythulhu:

*snip*
If'n you're gaming in the World of Darkness, you're not a hero. Not by even the weakest definition of the word.

You've never played Mummy: The Resurrection, I see.

No, I haven't. I stopped paying attention after WW released the mopey ghost and emo fairy books.

Wraith and Changeling? But...those were from way before even Hunter. Besides, Mummy has been around right from the start - started as a supplement of Vampire and then got a 2nd edition. True, those weren't exactly like MtR which is technically the third edition but they were close enough, I'd say. More focused on "being immortal" than other themes.

DoPo:

Wraith and Changeling? But...those were from way before even Hunter. Besides, Mummy has been around right from the start

1st ed WoD never showed up down here. We got most of the 2nd ed VtM books, a few WWtA & MtA books but that was it. I think it was around the time D&D3.5e released that Wraith & Changeling showed up, followed a few months later by Mummy & Demon. I'd gotten bored and gone back to running ShadowRun & Paranoia games by then though, so I didn't pay any attention.

It was a couple of xbox games that drew my attention to Hunter. Without them I'd probably have never known about it.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here