Arkham Origins Replacing the Voice of Batman

Pages PREV 1 2 3

... So, nobody's considered the idea that Rocksteady are busy with the follow up while this is being made? I honestly thought that people would have had that theory by now...I mean, what are they working on right now? A quick check on their site reveals nothing. Multiple domain names related to Arkham were bought recently, maybe it's not just one of those in use.

Also, a younger Batman seems fine to me. A younger voice seems fine. Bruce Greenwood, the guy from year One; either of those would be good. While Kevin Conroy is busy with the follow up to City. I dunno, the Rocksteady follow up is what I think is happening, I might be wrong.

And I've heard the mask of the Phantasm argument before. Because people think Conroy hasn't aged and that's a nice thought, but wrong. Conry's voice is obviously different when compared to the original series, the movie and the Arkham games.

Also, though, the guy behind Hulk Ultimate Destruction and Prototype is in charge; there's a guy who knows sandbox, right? I'm not so worried.

But I couldn't care less about the lack of Dini. City, in my opinion, was an attempt to make Excape from L.A/NY a serious story and I felt it failed at that. I thought it was kind of a terrible story, actually. The game was good, of course, but I couldn't enjoy the story.

So... I look forward to Origins. And the follow up by Rocksteady. And whoever they cast as a younger Batman.

ninjaRiv:
... So, nobody's considered the idea that Rocksteady are busy with the follow up while this is being made? I honestly thought that people would have had that theory by now...I mean, what are they working on right now?

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this already. And I'm pretty sure everyone thinks it will have something to do with you know who from the you know what side mission from Arkham City.

Adam Jensen:

ninjaRiv:
... So, nobody's considered the idea that Rocksteady are busy with the follow up while this is being made? I honestly thought that people would have had that theory by now...I mean, what are they working on right now?

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this already. And I'm pretty sure everyone thinks it will have something to do with you know who from the you know what side mission from Arkham City.

Well, I thought everyone did know but I'm seeing a whole lot of people (not just here) declare Arkham Origins the only Batman game coming out in the next few years. I don't think that's true, to be honest. I think Rocksteady are working on that game right now.

Why are so many people saying "No Mark Hamill" is a bad thing for this game? He's done with the role. You can't use that as a negative for this game.

slash2x:

SycoMantis91:

slash2x:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW HEEEEELLLLLLLLLL.....
"Hey guys lets make a Batman game without the main people who have spent DECADES playing the parts!! It should be fine if we put Arkham in the name!!! Gamers are dumb enough to fall for that right?""

This is just filled with so much fail. I foresee this selling like ET. Just going to have to bury it in the sand in Arizona.

To be fair, we all know it is, in fact, going to sell out the ass.

Like this WONDERFUL and AMAZING game did? Yeah you will get the people out the door but how many will not be happy when they realize the only thing in common with the prior games is the name? It will have to be one HELL of a game to overcome taking THE voice of batman away....

Captcha Cold Feet.... yes captcha there will be no preorders from me.

Perhaps us uber nerds actually care if Origins is a lazy cash-in, but most of the mindless drones throwing their cash at is because it's Batman and it's a popular game won't care enough to make their voices heard. Besides, how common is it to see a big developer or publisher, yet alone both, care at all what critical reception is, as long as they have their money. Besides, usually when you go into prequel territory, you're just about out of ideas, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't plan on making any more of these anyway. Or they want to start a different series, and with different names, comes reset expectations. It's perfect.

8bitmaster:
If Kevin Conroy isn't coming back to voice Batman, there's always Adam West! I understand it'll ruin the entire tone of the game, but it would be pretty great.

Arkham Origins: The Batusi Years

I can see it now

My favorite Batman voice has always been Micheal Keaton. His take on the voice wasn't "I gargled Rock salt this morning" growl it had a strange absence of Bass and I want to say humanity. People would run in terror of him just from seeing his shadow. As much I love Conroy, Bale & Kilmer, Keaton's my guy.

That said, all the info about this latest game is making me wary, but change can be good. Don't write it off too soon, my friends.

Andy Shandy:
Bateson was so very nearly out as Agent 47

They ended up hiring him back?! Well, I'm buying that game now, the only reason I wasn't going to buy it was because they dumped him.

As for Arkham, same deal, no Conroy no buy, end of story. I'm loyal to actors not developers.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here