Escapist Personalities Return for Expo 2013

Escapist Personalities Return for Expo 2013

expo whoscoming articleimg

If you didn't get your favorite Escapist star's autograph last year, you'll have another shot at it this October.

At the first ever Escapist Expo last September, fans were treated to some of their favorite Escapist personalities, from Jim Sterling to members of the Loading Ready Run crew. We here at The Escapist are pleased to announce that Expo 2013 will once again feature some of your very favorite Escapist personalities. Details are scarce at the moment, but we can confirm that the following internet stars will be in attendance:

Gavin "Miracle of Sound" Dunne
Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Jim "Thank God For Me" Sterling
Bob "MovieBob" Chipman
Members of the LRR Crew

While we don't have the specifics yet, these good folks will be contributing their own style of commentary at various panels, as well as signing autographs at yet-to-be-specified time(s) over the course of the weekend. Additionally, Gavin Dunne, of Miracle of Sound fame, will be performing a live concert at Motorco on Saturday, October 5. Random Encounter will be opening the concert with their videogame music stylings, but you'll need to be 18 or older with a valid ID to get in the door, though if you want to enjoy a cocktail, you'll need to be at least 21 here in North Carolina. Keep an eye out for more details in the coming weeks!

The second annual Escapist Expo takes place this October 4, 5, and 6. If you haven't yet, you can pick up your 1-Day or 3-Day Pass now! If you're the type that likes to lend a helping hand, you can also sign up to be in the Hard Corps, the Expo 2013 volunteer group.

The brush strokes make it look like Bob pushed his hair up into devil horns
Or cat ears.

Wish I could say I would be there to. It's less than an hour away from my house.

And once again I am extremely jealous of anyone that's able to go =P

Andy Shandy:
And once again I am extremely jealous of anyone that's able to go =P

Same here.

Then again i would probably just ask a funny question at the Q&A like 'Yahtzee, why do you think your Imps believe you're gay all the time?' or maybe just say how i like his LPs a lot before quickly running back to my seat.

Encaen:
Jim "Thank God For Me" Sterling

Well, it's good to see that fame hasn't gone to your head and you've remained a level-headed and grounded person, Mr. Sterling. (I kid, I kid.)

I'm looking forward to another opportunity to be a ninja photographer at the Expo! (And looking forward to hopefully not ruining my knee like I did last year. Limber up before playing laser tag, kids!)

Interesting to see Cory and Grey didn't make the list despite their plans to wear a certain triple-belted fashion attire to steal the crowd from Yahtzee.

Please be in Europe please be in Europe please be in Europe...

And its in North Carolina. Again. Yay.

Well, I envy anyone that can go. Someday, I will get there. But that day is not this day (Plus about half a year)

DC has the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman holy trinity. The Escapist has Bob, Yahtzee, and Jim, the holy trinity of Skepticism.

I reeeeally wanna go, but I can't afford it this year. :(
Looking forward to the videos though..

I hope those are a thing this year too? The hour of love panel was great.

I wish I was in North Carolina instead of being isolated in the wastes of Canada. I wanted badly to go to that Miracle of Sound concert. Looked like there was a lot of energy in that crowd.

And of course Yahtzee, Jim and the like. In fact, you must have a rhymedown spectacular event. Except this time it can be a rhyme battle! Make it happen, Escapist Gods!

yamy:
Interesting to see Cory and Grey didn't make the list despite their plans to wear a certain triple-belted fashion attire to steal the crowd from Yahtzee.

Well, every time I ask Grey if he's coming I get dead silence. Maybe you should bug him about it.

Does anybody else read "the LRR crew" and imagine something like this?

I read the headline and burst out laughing. "Escapists at the Escapist expo! Call the press!"

Yeah, I know, I just found it funny.

I so wish I could go but alas its wayyyy to far away. I hope you record it all again so those that can't attend can still enjoy it.

Mark D. Stroyer:
Does anybody else read "the LRR crew" and imagine something like this?

The Extortion Racket has clearly taken over.

I would love to go...too bad I can't just fly out to America on a whim, tickets are costly and to pay several hundred for a weekend is a bad idea.

I'd love to go at some stage, because knowing my luck, Jim and Yahtzee are gonna do a stage show of their poetry, which I wouldn't want to miss.

Good heavens! How did Yahtzee become even more handsome!?

I...It breaks my little heart, knowing that I won't be able to attend.

This upcoming year is my last year of school... and next year I'm in Russia...

...but if you hold another Expo the year after that, I'm SO coming.

In the meantime, please make "Yahtzee Wearing Cat Ears" a yearly event.

Won't be able to make it, knowing my busy schedule. But do consider Yahtzee Roast. The irony would be delicious.

Raggedstar:
I wish I was in North Carolina instead of being isolated in the wastes of Canada. I wanted badly to go to that Miracle of Sound concert. Looked like there was a lot of energy in that crowd.

And of course Yahtzee, Jim and the like. In fact, you must have a rhymedown spectacular event. Except this time it can be a rhyme battle! Make it happen, Escapist Gods!

I live in NC.. meh it's not all that.

On Topic.. Anyone outside of the Escapist going? I.E such a Felicia Day, Lord British, Random Viking #3 from Vikings?

Susan Arendt:

Well, every time I ask Grey if he's coming I get dead silence. Maybe you should bug him about it.

What about Lisa Foiles?

Susan Arendt:

yamy:

I think I may help with that >:D

I know this may come as some sort of wishful thinking, but what are the chances of having an expo in any other parts of the world? (Of course I understand why the answer would be a no, but doesn't hurt to ask) I would love to go, but the kind of money it takes to get to the US from NZ is beyond my reach :( which sucks because I would love to meet all of you.

chozo_hybrid:

Susan Arendt:

yamy:

I know this may come as some sort of wishful thinking, but what are the chances of having an expo in any other parts of the world? (Of course I understand why the answer would be a no, but doesn't hurt to ask) I would love to go, but the kind of money it takes to get to the US from NZ is beyond my reach :( which sucks because I would love to meet all of you.

Logistically speaking, that's just not possible for us. We still do a lot of the work ourselves, and trying to plan for something on the other side of the world and do our regular jobs is a bit more than we can manage. When and if the Expo gets large enough for us to have a management service take care of the details, then maybe we can start thinking about doing it in other locations.

James Joseph Emerald:

Susan Arendt:

What about Lisa Foiles?

Yup, we sure hope so!

Keep in mind, the announcement is just folks we know 100% absolutely are for sure gonna be there. But the plan is to bring everyone who wants to/is able to come.

Susan Arendt:

chozo_hybrid:

Susan Arendt:

Logistically speaking, that's just not possible for us. We still do a lot of the work ourselves, and trying to plan for something on the other side of the world and do our regular jobs is a bit more than we can manage. When and if the Expo gets large enough for us to have a management service take care of the details, then maybe we can start thinking about doing it in other locations.

I figured that would be the case, never hurts to ask though. Thanks so much for getting back to me :D

So excited to be travelling to America again for this. Yeah it's a lot of money for only a long weekend but it's totally worth it to meet the Escapist staff, contributors and community. Hell the Miracle Of Sound concert is almost worth the entire cost itself!

I guess you aren't looking to invite previous contributors to the Expo? Like for example Michael Shanks?
Cause I love him and want his babies would love to meet him.

We need Dr. Mark to be back at the Expo. His talks were just fantastic.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here