Bethesda Teases Something Else

Pages PREV 1 2

Akratus:
Fallout 4: The rpg raping continues.

I remember when 'table-top' RPGrs were laughing at computer game players who had the nerve to call CGs 'RPGs'. Watching video game players attempt some weird elitist partitioning of a concept they never owned to begin with is no less amusing to behold.

Isn't using 'rape' to describe a corporate product you don't care for irrational, myopic, and unnecessarily offensive to those who have a legitimate contextual use?

Maybe with effort you can gain a proper, adult perspective in the future.

The Artificially Prolonged:
...and it's Wolfenstein! Get your limericks ready. But hey at least it's a shooter where you kill NAZIs instead of Russians or middle eastern people for a change. I never though I would ever say that. >.>

Darquenaut:
WOLFENSTEIN!

Honestly, I'm probably in the minority about being excited about this, but honestly this looks like it has promise. Bethesda's backing and being created by a good chunk of the talent that made the original Darkness game, so if anything, I can be assured they're going to have atmosphere down right. And really, after the last Wolfenstein game developed by Raven(I think), it was obvious the series needed a shot in the arm.

Meh, I've come up with more interesting ideas, not even exited about this, but at least it'll probably be playable in 10 years because it isn't made with a horrible engine and won't have a story as shit as Fallout 3 or Skyrim.

Andy Chalk:
It's a classic technique and it works; some gamers claim to find it annoying but it gets people talking and, more importantly, and paying attention.

Too many "and"s. ;)

OT: The screenshots look interesting. Regardless of what the IP is, hopefully they make a good game out of it.

Arkaijn:
Souls, horror, sci-fi and the fact that Silicon Knights is closing... I'm thinking (praying for) Eternal Darkness 2 or the original Too Human concept.

They pulled an Obsidian and the leadership formed a new company that's got an Eternal Darkness spiritual successor they're trying to crowdfund right now.

It's either Prey 2, or Rage II. Looks kind of Rage-y, and I disliked Prey (my opinion) so I guess I'll go back to waiting for Fallout 4.

Unless this is something completely different in which case I'm listening....

Requia:

Arkaijn:
Souls, horror, sci-fi and the fact that Silicon Knights is closing... I'm thinking (praying for) Eternal Darkness 2 or the original Too Human concept.

They pulled an Obsidian and the leadership formed a new company that's got an Eternal Darkness spiritual successor they're trying to crowdfund right now.

:D Hopefully it will work out for them just as well as it did for Obsidian.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here