Release Date Emerges For Borderlands 2's Tiny Tina DLC

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Tiny Tina intro logo

Today marks the debut of a new character for Borderlands 2, but it also marks the first official confirmation of when the game's next DLC addition might appear.

Generally speaking, financial reports are a very dull affair. I get paid good money to pore over them, and still spend most of those precious minutes coming up with increasingly efficient ways to splatter my brain across the wall behind me. Still, this rule doesn't always hold true, and publisher Take Two Interactive is a very good example of this. The company's latest financial report appeared mere hours ago and amid all the boring numbers, Take Two inserted a bit of interesting info. Most notably, word on when we can expect Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep.

In case you're unfamiliar with who Tiny Tina is, a quick refresher: Borderlands 2 is a game whose writing relies very heavily on memes and other forms of lazy internet humor, and Tiny Tina is the hyperactive, foul-mouthed epitome of this effort. Whether that's a positive or not hinges on how you feel about all that stuff I just decried, but regardless of your thoughts, Tiny Tina is star in her own upcoming DLC pack. Unlike Krieg, the character released today for Borderlands 2, Tiny Tina's DLC pack is less "new character" and more "bushel of new content," so that's something to be psyched for, no?

Now that you're up to speed (and likely raging against me for jabbing at your favorite game), on to the crucial bit: According to 2K Games, Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep is scheduled for release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC platforms on June 25. There's no solid pricing info, but if we're to base a guess on recent history, it seems likely that the DLC pack will be priced somewhere between $10 and $15.

Now, who wants to be the first to question my mother's sexual proclivities? I know it's coming - after all, I did insult a fictional character, and that's borderline sacrilege 'round these parts.

Source: Take Two

Edit: Initially this article claimed Tiny Tina would be a playable character in the imminent DLC pack. This may or may not be true, but for the sake of clarity, it's best we assume for now that she's a mere non-player character. We apologize for the confusion and have amended this article to reflect our current reality.

Me55enger:
I won't insult you for insulting ficitonal characters, but i'll happily insult you for your poor quality writing.

Indeed. I generally prefer a little less obnoxious, look-at-me contempt with my news.

Thanks for the info, I can't wait to see what playing as Tina will be like! Is she an actual playable class, or just playable for the purpose of the DLC?

And while I won't insult your mother, I will question why you felt it necessary to insult the game you were reporting on for no valid reason other than to insult the game you were reporting on. Try to stay classy, yeah? Take a leaf out of Sir Hammerlock's tasteful hat!

CAVALLI, YOUR ASS IS GRASS!

Kidding, Borderlands never fails to amuse me, even its grind isn't so bad, im game.

How's the view from up on your high horse?

Here's hoping this new DLC is more exciting than the previous three. I wasn't overly entertained by them but they were still worth playing through if only for the great coop experience with my friend.

Man, The Escapist writers have a hard time containing themselves.

Are you making the news up as you go?. There is nothing in this press release, no announcement what so ever, that would suggest Tina would be a playable character. Coupling what seems to be contempt for the game with the fact that you're over a week late with this news, I'm left wondering why you even bothered.

Every time I think I'm done...they pull me back in. Tiny Tina was my fave character and I thought she didn't have enough things to do in the regular game. Seems like someone out there agreed with me.

kypsilon:
Every time I think I'm done...they pull me back in. Tiny Tina was my fave character and I thought she didn't have enough things to do in the regular game. Seems like someone out there agreed with me.

And with Krieg launching today, ive now begun playthroughs 16-18.

So where exactly has anyone said that Tiny Tina would be playable? I can't find a single other source for that info.

Also, was openly insulting people who like this game's humor style really necessary? Or does Mr. Cavalli just hate the forum moderators so much that he is intentionally increasing their workload?

Mirrorknight:
Wow. Bitter much? Come here wanting to hear about the release date. Get a bunch of angst instead. If you can't keep your personal bias to yourself and can't even try to attempt to deliver the news your article title suggests its going to contain, do us all a favor and stop trying to do news and start a blog.

Hell, I think the game is merely OK, and still I can only see this "news article" as trollish drivel.

^

Seriously one of my favorite part of written news is just getting the news without the personal opinion behind it. If you want to write your opinion about the game fine, but do it somewhere else so I don't have to read it with the news please.

ticklefist:
Man, The Escapist writers have a hard time containing themselves.

Are you making the news up as you go?. There is nothing in this press release, no announcement what so ever, that would suggest Tina would be a playable character. Coupling what seems to be contempt for the game with the fact that you're over a week late with this news, I'm left wondering why you even bothered.

Aye, I'm honestly getting a little tired of reading this guys "stuff", so to speak. I mean god, reading his little scribble of an article about how much Colonial Marines made (off its pre-orders most likely), its hard to describe just how much I wanted to slap him with a raw sea bass ala Uncharted 2 or Sleeping Dogs...!

If I "ignore" him, will it block out all of his news articles on the feed, or just his posts on the forums, I wonder...

Anyways, thanks for the blatant, unneeded bit of hate-mongering for a game you obviously don't like, the horribly misinformed bit of "new character" stuff, and general show of lack of quality Mr. Internat Mans! We r salutez joo!

edit:
And your mom too, of course.
edit 2:
Also, just noticed you can actually report the news article technically... hmmm...

Seems like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Well, I wonder how tiny tina will play. Maybe another summon based class?

Agente L:
Seems like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Well, I wonder how tiny tina will play. Maybe another summon based class?

I've read some of the stuff about this DLC somewhere, I just don't recall where at the moment, but it sounded like Tiny Tina isn't a playable character, she just gives you the missions. I've heard something about a role-playing game with Tina as the GM. But I can't stress enough that I'm not sure where I saw that.

Holy shit, this article is a bit late, there was a Joystiq article that gave the release date 12 days ago.

And why would the DLC (which is included in the season pass) cost $15? All of the others were $10.

Also where does it say you will be playing as Tina in the source given? It's kind of hard to find that info...

Hey! I was right! Backlash against unpopular opinions! Thanks for not letting me down.

Y'all got me on the playable character thing though. I obviously wasn't hopped up on enough caffeine when I initially penned this piece. Those bits have since been fixed.

Earnest Cavalli:
Hey! I was right! Backlash against unpopular opinions! Thanks for not letting me down.

Y'all got me on the playable character thing though. I obviously wasn't hopped up on enough caffeine when I initially penned this piece. Those bits have since been fixed.

There's a difference between criticism over popular opinion, and criticism being a holier-than-thou abnoxious person. Look over how many posts complained about your opinion on borderlands 2, and how many complained about your writing. I think that should point out which kind of criticism took place.

Me55enger:
I won't insult you for insulting ficitonal characters, but i'll happily insult you for your poor quality writing.

Agente L:

Earnest Cavalli:

There's a difference between criticism over popular opinion, and criticism being a holier-than-thou abnoxious person. Look over how many posts complained about your opinion on borderlands 2, and how many complained about your writing. I think that should point out which kind of criticism took place.

Pretty much. I came here only to complain about lack of professionalism in writing. Or at least for gods sake make your trolling funny. I couldn't care less what you think of certain characters, but go right ahead and keep writing off any criticism as mindless fanboyz.

ALL OF MY MONEY. HAVE IT!!!

Anything that gives us more Tiny Tina is deserving of cash.

Not to disparage your opinion, but why are you giving an opinion at all? Who encouraged you to editorialize? I've read two stories from you and neither would be what any reasonable person would call journalism. You aren't Yahtzee and this is not your column. Can you not present what should have been a 3-5 line blurb article without bias? More importantly, if you can't present a simple news story without ejaculating your impotent commentary all over it, why are you doing news story? Forget firing you - somebody should fire the news editor who decided The Escapist was suddenly a Gawker Media enterprise.

J.d. Scott:
Not to disparage your opinion, but why are you giving an opinion at all? Who encouraged you to editorialize? I've read two stories from you and neither would be what any reasonable person would call journalism. You aren't Yahtzee and this is not your column. Can you not present what should have been a 3-5 line blurb article without bias? More importantly, if you can't present a simple news story without ejaculating your impotent commentary all over it, why are you doing news story? Forget firing you - somebody should fire the news editor who decided The Escapist was suddenly a Gawker Media enterprise.

Tbh this problem isn't strictly limited to this writer as you can easily find other habitual offenders who can't decipher between a news article and an opinion piece. I do see your point and its kinda sad that more and more news articles are written more in the form of contributor columns. I guess when you don't actually do any research yourself and are just regurgitating/paraphrasing articles from organizations that actually do the legwork the need to try and stand out can be overwhelming.

edit: The best part about this article? The release date/price was announced as far back as May 2nd http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/borderlands-2-tiny-tina-dlc-price-release-date-announced.

This hardly qualifies as news considering that this was announced the same day the image was leaked, followed by the official announcement with the release date and pricing back on May 6th. Nice try though.

Earnest Cavalli:

It's called having to read through what amounts to damn near 60-70% of non-essential personal bias, to read the one bit everyone actually clicked on the article for, then even more unnecessary fluff after that.

And after that last article insulting people for not listening to critics for Aliens: CM, when said critics hadn't released their reviews until afterwards... well... I think that one spoke quite well for itself.

toomuchnothing:

J.d. Scott:

Tbh this problem isn't strictly limited to this writer as you can easily find other habitual offenders who can't decipher between a news article and an opinion piece. I do see your point and its kinda sad that more and more news articles are written more in the form of contributor columns. I guess when you don't actually do any research yourself and are just regurgitating/paraphrasing articles from organizations that actually do the legwork the need to try and stand out can be overwhelming.

I don't know if I see the problem in that. If you're stealing from ArsTechnica or GameInformer, that's fine. The Escapist isn't a news organization per se. The thing is, you can still present it for what it is - a news story, and then snark about it later. Jim Sterling is the grandmaster at that very thing. However, this guy couldn't even finish a solid factual sentence. In the other story I read, he couldn't even get the headline written. The funny thing is this is a minor story about a minor DLC for a game that's already well into the bargain bin.

The problem is you decided to put out an opinion that was not necessary. You were not doing a review you were giving information. Then you felt a need to insult the audience/game you were reporting to/about. Then you try to play the whole thing off by being smug. Its a d-bag move and you should give credit where credit is due and apologies for it.

Hahahaha, oh this is funny. Keep up the good work Earnest. Never change.

Silly people and their silly tantrums about silly opinions about a silly game.

I assumed the news writer was kidding around (or maybe it was an attempt at humor that fell flat on its face) with his opinion but after that second post in this thread, I'm not so sure...

Anyway, I'm wicked excited about this. I adore the "childish" humor of Borderlands and Tiny Tina had some of the funniest material with her tea party :D

I am cautiously optimistic about this and will await with giddy anticipation for Tiny Tina's DMing abilities.

The author reminds me of that early christian sect that would go around hitting people with sticks, in the hope that someone would get angry enough to "martyr" them.

I've never played Borderlands 2 but, does the writing really rely "very heavily on memes and other forms of lazy internet humor"?

Earnest Cavalli:

Tiny Tina intro logo

Today marks the debut of a new character for Borderlands 2, but it also marks the first official confirmation of when the game's next DLC addition might appear.

Generally speaking, financial reports are a very dull affair. I get paid good money to pore over them, and still spend most of those precious minutes coming up with increasingly efficient ways to splatter my brain across the wall behind me. Still, this rule doesn't always hold true, and publisher Take Two Interactive is a very good example of this. The company's latest financial report appeared mere hours ago and amid all the boring numbers, Take Two inserted a bit of interesting info. Most notably, word on when we can expect Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep.

In case you're unfamiliar with who Tiny Tina is, a quick refresher: Borderlands 2 is a game whose writing relies very heavily on memes and other forms of lazy internet humor, and Tiny Tina is the hyperactive, foul-mouthed epitome of this effort. Whether that's a positive or not hinges on how you feel about all that stuff I just decried, but regardless of your thoughts, Tiny Tina is star in her own upcoming DLC pack. Unlike Krieg, the character released today for Borderlands 2, Tiny Tina's DLC pack is less "new character" and more "bushel of new content," so that's something to be psyched for, no?

Now that you're up to speed (and likely raging against me for jabbing at your favorite game), on to the crucial bit: According to 2K Games, Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep is scheduled for release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC platforms on June 25. There's no solid pricing info, but if we're to base a guess on recent history, it seems likely that the DLC pack will be priced somewhere between $10 and $15.

Now, who wants to be the first to question my mother's sexual proclivities? I know it's coming - after all, I did insult a fictional character, and that's borderline sacrilege 'round these parts.

Source: Take Two

Edit: Initially this article claimed Tiny Tina would be a playable character in the imminent DLC pack. This may or may not be true, but for the sake of clarity, it's best we assume for now that she's a mere non-player character. We apologize for the confusion and have amended this article to reflect our current reality.

As a professional journalist, everything you write makes me die a little inside.

There is attempting to be funny, and then there is insulting people for their tastes.

It's called yellow journalism, look it up before you write another article.

IceForce:
I've never played Borderlands 2 but, does the writing really rely "very heavily on memes and other forms of lazy internet humor"?

Not really, Cavelli is just the worst writer on the staff, that's all.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here