Vin Diesel Chokes A Bird In Debut Riddick Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2

It's exactly the first movie!

What happened to him being lord marshal?
It's better be some prequel shit.

What!

Why the hell would they be on the same planet as the first movie?
I'm not really liking all the slow-mo action stuff. Riddick is supposed to be a menace, like an Alien who strikes from the dark and disappears. Or, well, he always was in my mind anyway.
I just hope there will be some consistency with his sensitivity to light this go around.
It annoyed me to know end that, in Pitch Black he had still had to be in the shadow to see correctly _WITH_ his goggles on. In chronicles, he sees perfectly well on a planet with AN OCEAN OF FIRE.
Anyway, might be entertaining, but I think I'll just be annoyed with how they are wasting a riddickulously cool character.

I think the trailer says it perfectly.

"This... this ain't nothing new"

It looks awesome, but as always they have given away far too much from the trailer. They should have kept a lot of that under wraps so we actually have some suspense in the film.

We can all pretty much guess the majority of the plot based upon that.

Am I the only one who doesn't care for Riddick at ALL!?

Don't get me wrong, Chronicles of Riddick:Escape from Butcher Bay was an awesome game, and Pitch Black was amazing for the monsters and the overall premise... but I just find Riddick himself the most boring kind of character. I will watch this though, just because those monsters look neat. God knows I don't get to say that enough these days.

DVS BSTrD:

Nimzabaat:

DVS BSTrD:
Oh a prequel, that's nice.
Just hope it turns out better then Prometheus.

Sorry, I have to ask. What makes you think it's a prequel? It has Karl Urban's character Vaako from Chronicles of Riddick in it.

Oh, really? I just figured with the way Chronicles ended, and the fact that somebody had to have captured Riddick in the first place for Pitch Black to occur.

Not sure if I am reading this right, but Pitch black took place before Chronicles, thats where he knew the preacher from, and the fact that he died in chronicles thus couldnt have been in Pitch Black if it came after.

looks like pitch black with a little change. but might watch it anyway. i enjoyed both movies, so i think i will enjoy this one as well.

Not to be a poor sport or anything, but the trailer gave away a lot of the movie. Nothing major, or in heavy spoiler territory but the majority of it summed up what will happen along with who dies (4-5 people died which leaves me to not be as shocked if I go see this movie.) Then again it is a prequel and looks great so I may give this a go.

The imdb summary states,

Left for dead on a sun-scorched planet, Riddick finds himself up against an alien race of predators. Activating an emergency beacon alerts two ships: one carrying a new breed of mercenary, the other captained by a man from Riddick's past.

Adding in that Karl Urban is listed in the cast, Riddick definitely takes place after Chronicles. It's very likely that things did not work out for Riddick as leader of the Necromongers.

Maybe this will mean another awesome game. Seriously, Butcher Bay was unbelievable.

Well looks just like Pitch Black, only with some better CGI.

Iunno, I really liked Pitch Black and I fucking hated Chronicles. The game was sweet though.

Riddick and Starbuck? Damn, this looks badass.

And silly Earnest, that's no bird, it's quite clearly a reptile.

DVS BSTrD:

Nimzabaat:

DVS BSTrD:
Oh a prequel, that's nice.
Just hope it turns out better then Prometheus.

Sorry, I have to ask. What makes you think it's a prequel? It has Karl Urban's character Vaako from Chronicles of Riddick in it.

Oh, really? I just figured with the way Chronicles ended, and the fact that somebody had to have captured Riddick in the first place for Pitch Black to occur.

Johns is the one who captures him before Pitch Black.

Programmed_For_Damage:
I'll see your "Rad" and raise you a "Gnarly". It looks remeniscent of Pitch Black, crossed with the non-necromonger part of Chronicles Of Riddick, which is a good thing. Plus I know I won't need to persuade my wife to come and see it with me.

Please tell me that Batista's not in it. There's a merc in the trailer that looks a lot like him.

That's because it IS him. Batista's in it.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here