PlayStation 4 Video Reveal: Come See The Elephant

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

PlayStation 4 Video Reveal: Come See The Elephant

All 39 seconds of it.

Many things have been said about the PlayStation 4, and many things teased, but few reveals have been more exiting than these 39 seconds of pure wonder! Ladies and gentlemen, what I have here before you is not for the tender hearts, nor the weak of spirit! Only watch this if you're the soul of daring, hardened in mind and body, veteran of many a shock and shatter! Afterwards, feel free to have a cup of tea.

Now that you've seen the elephant, remember that teasers aren't necessarily the most revealing of creatures. "Make sure you are the first to see it first," as the YouTube blurb puts it, but if you want to be that lucky you'll need to get to E3.

Black, no sugar, thank you; some honey, if you have it.

Yay, it's a black/dark gray box with shiny gray bits on it... I really wish modern consoles would come in more colors then dark gray/black and white, like they did in the N64/Gamecube days. Even the WiiU is guilty of only being Black and White! I want colors!

why are Sony trying so hard to make themselves look retarded?

cwmdulais:

How does this make them look "retarded"?

Yay! It's an out of focus square!
Still hyped, but this kind of bullshit teaser is really disappointing to me. If I wanted to look at an out of focus console I'd squint at my PS3
Hopefully they'll announce the price at E3, that's what will make or break my decision to buy or not

I preferred the Tron light show of the fan made video honestly. We're in the year 2013. I want to feel like I'm actually in the future instead of just polishing the same turd after 15 years.

Capitano Segnaposto:

cwmdulais:

Because it looks more a Curiosity then a console

Capitano Segnaposto:

cwmdulais:

While I wouldn't use that word to describe this, it did make my eyes roll so hard they almost ended up scattering across my desk. This video is almost a self parody of the worst kinds of hype. It's an add that spends 30 seconds telling me nothing about anything and then giving me a date. Your mileage may vary, but I found it to be rather awful myself.

Can somebody who is good with an image program like Photoshop or G.I.M.P. please put this mess together into something that makes sense? (And sharpen it, too - that blur filter is heavy on the eyes).

This was a pain in the eyes to watch, and it told me nothing. Not even the shape of the power button. It's just a series of badly cut views of the console with a blur filter on top. As if Sony said to themselves: "Everybody is doing this very stupid stuff now, we want do that too!". And so they did.

Mr.Mattress:
Yay, it's a black/dark gray box with shiny gray bits on it... I really wish modern consoles would come in more colors then dark gray/black and white, like they did in the N64/Gamecube days. Even the WiiU is guilty of only being Black and White! I want colors!

They apparently don't sell that well in the West.

cwmdulais:

Honestly? I don't think they're trying.

dragongit:
I preferred the Tron light show of the fan made video honestly. We're in the year 2013. I want to feel like I'm actually in the future instead of just polishing the same turd after 15 years.

And really, was this supposed to pique our interest? It looks...boring. Bland. Banal. Banana. So sue me, I was running out of "B" words.

They've got me hook line and sinker now...
It's pure advertising peaking my curiosity.

Because the most important thing about a piece of computer hardware is the colour of the plastic around the controller jack.

So is Sony trying to tell us that they're unfocused? We got that memo a while ago.

My God, it's a black rectangle?

I am truly shocked by this amazing revelation!

Oh woowwwww it's.. another black box.
Seriously, why were people complaining about not getting too see what this thing looked like?
We knew what it was going too look like, it wasn't going too be a purple rhombus, it wasn't going too be a yellow quadrilateral, it wasn't going too be a red triangle.. it was -always- going too be a black box.

Are they going to have a big release where they just show us what the console looks like?!
This is stupid. This made me somehow less interested in it.

It has vents! And is black!

To be honest it may as well been a ps2 in the video for all the use this reveal is. Just show the damn thing Sony, let people make jokes on its appearance if they feel like and then we can all move past what the black box looks like and start talking about the games.

I was kind of hoping it would be elephant shaped... That'd get my attention.

My computer is more colourful than that thing. And has pretty optional neon lights.

Also I can't see what it looks like so that's just... the most pointless thing I've viewed today...

And my research for drawing today was looking at car parts... I've been feasting on boring.

"It seems to run on some sort of electricity!"

But yeah, it's a black box. Big friggin woop.

Fan-made Tron console was better in my opinion.

It seems like publishers think there is something to get hyped up about with their consoles when there isn't. They are going to be boxlike, have either a slim loading DVD player or a standard one with a tray that pops out, a power and reset button, and a controller. They will have a logo on them and their likely will be stylized lines running along some part of the casing. The specifications of the consoles was the most exciting thing about them.

They shy away from real details, and give us a ton of marketing suspense? Methinks somebody at Sony isn't overly confident in their product.

*monotone* Wow...its a blurry black box...what a wonder in amazing new technology is this...my heart be still.

I present to you, the new PS4.
It's black, has vents, it's shiny, and it's got a uniform rectangular design, with just enough curves to be sexy! Where do you plug in the controller you ask? Why, the cigarette lighter of course!

*Squints at the box*

So it's black and has vents...

MY MIND IS BLOWN! D:

Hooray. We have press releases for teasers that promise a trailer for the official announcement. Don't you just love marketing these days?

It's gonna be another ugly as fuck hunk of obsidian that tries (And fails) to look sleek, isn't it?

Not G. Ivingname:
*Squints at the box*

So it's black and has vents...

MY MIND IS BLOWN! D:

Ya I dunno what Sony think they are doing. No one really cares all that much how the PS4 is shaped. So why be so mysterious about it. It's kinda embarrassing and ended up with them just showing off a controller for so long.

Mr.Mattress:

Part of it's because ever since the PS2, consoles have been home theater components as much as they have been game devices. As someone who got bitten by the home theater bug at the tender age of 12 and has been upgrading ever since, bright colors are the bane of my existence. Especially those awful silver colored plastic ones from the early 2000's. Brushed steel and aluminum look nice, I like those old boxes from the 50's and 60's. Painted plastic, not so much.

oh for the love of fuck just show us what the console looks like clearly. Who didn't know it was going to be something black and somewhat resembling a box and who the fuck is getting hyped for E3 because they'll find out then?

Capitano Segnaposto:

cwmdulais:

Well, I wouldn't personally call them retarded, as making fun of people with learning disabilities is pretty much the cheapest and most mean-spirited of shots, but...Yeah, this teaser was stupid as hell. It's like a PARODY of Sony. Obviously we all know it's going to be big, black box with some configuration of the symbols "P" "S" and "4" somewhere on it. The fact that they're building this up as some kind of fucking revelation when it's really the same thing they've been doing for literally decades....Well, it makes them look pretty silly.

As said in this video: Don't worry, it's just gonna be a black box.

Weee, more info in a parody video, than in an actual announcement thingy.

Well, all I saw was a blurred black square.

We actually don't know what the size or length of this thing is... it could be as big as a train. D:

The Future

But seriously. Don't make some stupid cologne commercial and hope we cream in our jeans for a whoovian cube in blurred perspective.

Wow the PS4 is going to be blurry as all fuck. I wonder how a system entirely made out of DoF effects is going to sell.

"39 seconds of pure wonder" is my special move in the bedroom XD

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or