See Booker's Custody Issues Unfold In BioShock Fan Video

See Booker's Custody Issues Unfold In BioShock Fan Video

It's hard sharing custody of a teen, and pushy boyfriends don't help. Spoilers ahoy!

Michael Shanks of Doomsday Arcade fame is a Melbourne-based Kiwi with an eye for reality show comedy, and this time out he takes a shot at Irrational's BioShock Infinite. It can't be easy raising a teenager, not with daddy issues like these, and the boyfriend doesn't help, never mind sharing custody with her batty other dad Comstock. Booker manages to get through the day with a little help from the cancer sticks, and his buddy Bill; but does he miss Columbia? Well, see for yourself.

Shanks is one of the members of Late Nite Films, an Australian independent film making collective, and he's been putting out gaming videos for a short while now. How does he play Skyrim? What would he do with a Portal Gun? What's his take on death and Zelda? This time out Troy Baker - the voice of Booker - and Ken Levine had to tip a hat to Shanks' BioShock shoot; high praise!

For those who enjoy behind the scenes stuff, Shanks' Facebook is well worth a look. For a man who says he's "very uneasy about self promoting himself on the internet," Shanks does a pretty good job of it; but then, work like this is worth promoting.

That was reeeaaally great. If only some of the shows here were as funny as this. I miss Doraleus...

The way he emulated Jim from the Office was kinda creepy. Like in a really talented way. I liked the part where the bird crashed into the window.

Karloff:

Shanks is one of the members of Late Nite Films, an Australian independent film making collective, and he's been putting out gaming videos for a short while now. How does he play Skyrim? What would he do with a Portal Gun? What's his take on death and Zelda? This time out Troy Baker - the voice of Booker - and Ken Levine had to tip a hat to Shanks' BioShock shoot; high praise!

You didn't mention that Michael Shanks had the show Doomsday Arcade here on the Escapist? Seems relevant....

He also made Doomsday Arcade for the Escapist. If you haven't seen it, you really should.

Here's a link to the first video. Enjoy!

Jack_in_the_green:
That was reeeaaally great. If only some of the shows here were as funny as this. I miss Doraleus...

As do I... thankfully though it's coming back! Just not here. But still! They did a kickstarter not too long ago and it got funded. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1587328364/doraleous-and-associates So we'll be seeing more Doralingus eventually!

Huh there is a face I wasn't expecting to see again, I will definitely give his Facebook page a look.

Varya:
[quote="Karloff" post="7.408508.17068365"] You didn't mention that Michael Shanks had the show Doomsday Arcade here on the Escapist? Seems relevant....

You're absolutely right. Funny story: when I posted this, I fed Michael Shanks into the system and had nothing back, but it seems what I ought to have done was put in Timtimfed. The perils of naming!

That was great!

:) Brought back some good memories of Doomsday Arcade too.

Karloff:

You're absolutely right. Funny story: when I posted this, I fed Michael Shanks into the system and had nothing back, but it seems what I ought to have done was put in Timtimfed. The perils of naming!

I feel so old now. I've been on the site so long that I lecture employees on the history of their site. I feels like yesterday when a friend said "What, have you not seen Zero Punctuation?"

Karloff:

Varya:
[quote="Karloff" post="7.408508.17068365"] You didn't mention that Michael Shanks had the show Doomsday Arcade here on the Escapist? Seems relevant....

Maybe Doomsday Arcade didn't exist in this timeline :P

"One thought it would be cool to sell a baby, and the other thought it would be cool to buy a baby."

That line alone had me roaring. Well worth the watch!

The Dollar Bill machine was the kicker for me. God, I love this video.

Pretty damn hilarious indeed. And as others have mentioned in this thread already, the video brings back great memories of Doomsday Arcade.
God, now i really want him to make a new show on the Escapist.

It's already been said, but damn, do I wish Doomsday Arcade was still around.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here