Rayman Legends Coming to Vita

Rayman Legends Coming to Vita

Ubisoft has announced a Vita edition of Rayman Legends that will launch alongside the console versions on September 3rd.

When the PlayStastion Vita first launched, Rayman Origins was one of the handheld of titles included amongst the system's library. With the exception of a few missing features it was an exact port and one of the best games on the handheld. Sadly, as the game's sequel, Rayman Legends, has progressed toward its (several times delayed) release date, it's appeared that the Vita wouldn't be included among the platforms playing host to the new game. Happily, that's no longer the case because Ubisoft has announced that a Vita version of Rayman Legends will be launching with the console games on September 3rd.

According to Ubisoft the newly announced Vita port will be privy to all the same the content as its sibling editions on the Wii U, PS3 and Xbox 360. This will include cooperative and competitive multiplayer, which was sadly removed from the Vita release of Rayman Origins. Gamers planning on playing on their Vitas will also benefit from extra content exclusive to the handheld edition. This will include five new maps, costumes pulled from other Ubisoft properties and touchscreen mechanics designed specially for the Vita. All in all, it looks to be a rich and worthy port of the console games.

That said, the reveal raises some questions with some potentially negative answers. While the announcement confirmed the Vita game would have access to the same content as the console versions, there has been no mention as to whether or not this could lead to possible Cross Play or Cross Buy options between the Vita and PS3 versions. Seeing as neither were mentioned, it could mean that neither are planned. Granted, this announcement is still fresh and there's plenty of time between now and September for things to change, but we wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 and Vita games fail to cross over.

...indie games, both rayman reboot games, PSP games, PS1 classics, PS2 classics, and the handful of Vita games I'd actually want.... holy crap Sony's finally made me interested in the Vita again.

Still not interested with the Vita til I see a price drop in North America. I don't want to have to get a smaller sized memory stick due to the high price of the console AND the memory sticks...

Kinda a dick move from Ubisoft towards Nintendo.
The game was supposed to be a WiiU exclusive, then they delay it because it's not finished. Delay it again without a real explanation. Then they delay it despite the game being finished so that they can release it on other platforms and now a different platform will have exclusive content...

But hey, it's a business. Sony probably payed for extra content to try and revitalize the Vita.

Can we have the Wii U second screen features between PS3 and Vita?
That would surely piss Nintendo off...

Not that I would want Big N to be pissed off.
It's just that I plan to get this game for the Vita and this feature would be a nice addition..

Seriously.... WTF

I bought the Wii U because I wanted this game. I didn't buy it specifically for this game but I expected this to be an exclusive and a launch title (or at least a near launch title). This game did encourage me to be an early adopter of the Wii U though. Then they delay it to put it on the other consoles I already owned. Now they are releasing it for the Vita WITH EXTRA CONTENT JUST FOR THE VITA VERSION. Screw you Ubisoft. I'm tired of this BS.

Yes! Origins was the main reason I got the Vita, can't wait for Legends now!

Next week's news : Rayman Legends for Wii U cancelled. Quoting Ubisoft "Not only did Nintendo not pay us enough to maintain exclusivity, but they couldn't pay enough to have the Wii U version published!!!"

Saw this last night, and I couldn't be happier. Origins was amazing on the Vita, and drop dead gorgeous. When I heard about Legends initially, I was hoping for a Vita version when they decided to port the game to the other consoles. These games are just a perfect fit for a portable like the Vita and 3DS.

Still is a dick move by Ubisoft to delay the damn WiiU version despite the fact that it's fucking done. The game probably would have done fine releasing for WiiU initially with the subsequent ports coming later.

-Seraph-:
Still is a dick move by Ubisoft to delay the damn WiiU version despite the fact that it's fucking done. The game probably would have done fine releasing for WiiU initially with the subsequent ports coming later.

It wouldn't do fine. It would do fantastic. The original release date was about a month before MonHun3U. That means it was meant to be released at a time where there were no games on the WiiU besides ZombiU and NSMBU. WiiU owner were desperate for games and anyone who followed WiiU threads online knew that Legends was as hyped as it gets. The game would have sold ridiculously fast because it was the perfect moment to release a hyped game. Other publisher would probably kill to be able to publish something during such a time.

But I blame Microsoft as much as I blame Ubisoft. Microsoft's policy forces Ubisoft to release the game at the same time on the 360 as on other consoles or even earlier. And it must have the same content, or more. And Ubisoft was too greedy to skip over the 360.
Now they will release Legens alongside hard hitter like CoD. And it will do rather badly on the WiiU considering that Nintendo will release Pikim 3, Wind Waker HD, A 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Wonderful 101 and maybe some more games before or close to Legend's release date. And then they will blame WiiU fans for ignoring the game will "crying" for it.

Still a dick move by Ubisoft towards Nintendo and their own devs but I'm not gonna lie, I'm struggling to contain my excitement. The Vita version of Rayman Origins is by far my favourite so I absolutely cannot wait for this.

Good. The Vita can definitely use more games for their system.

Nintendo still has that Mario guy, Zelda and Pokemon games so their fine. Normally that would make any console labeled as "lack of good exclusives" but those three games print money (especially Pokemon), so they could care less.

Jove:
Good. The Vita can definitely use more games for their system.

Nintendo still has that Mario guy, Zelda and Pokemon games so their fine. Normally that would make any console labeled as "lack of good exclusives" but those three games print money (especially Pokemon), so they could care less.

Have to say that all of the Pokemon games that I have played are fun. As long as X and Y are good(they will be) yeah it will continue to make money. Never mad at something for making other people rich. Know as long as the product in general hasn't gone to crap and they are just using the name to get people to play it. I think Mario and Zelda has been on a pretty even plain when it comes to quality. Basically people like to point out that they are just doing the same thing again and again. Although that isn't true, most people think they are. Like to say that just because a character is known for doing one thing really well, that doesn't mean that every game they made is the same.

Frozengale:
Seriously.... WTF

I bought the Wii U because I wanted this game. I didn't buy it specifically for this game but I expected this to be an exclusive and a launch title (or at least a near launch title). This game did encourage me to be an early adopter of the Wii U though. Then they delay it to put it on the other consoles I already owned. Now they are releasing it for the Vita WITH EXTRA CONTENT JUST FOR THE VITA VERSION. Screw you Ubisoft. I'm tired of this BS.

You should have seen this coming with the abysmal Wii sales of Rayman Origins. Anyone surprised by this going multiplatform really is naive. I'm sorry but being mad at a business for doing what businesses do is really fickle. Ubisoft didn't want to lose money with this game due to poor WiiU sales, which I can't blame them at all for. I'd rather see Rayman come back in full force with some capital behind it than see Ubisoft have to milk the Rabbids like they did on the Wii.

BiH-Kira:

-Seraph-:

It wouldn't do fine. It would do fantastic.

The low Wii sales of Rayman Origins would like to have a word with you. Keeping Rayman Legends a WiiU exclusive would have been an idiotic business move due to the Wii U's sales.

Rayman Origins was the first vita game I bought and I'll be looking forward to getting this one too. I wonder what other "Ubisoft properties" they're pulling from. Rayman dressed as assassin in an Ass Creed based level?

Also lol Wii U problems

Cant wait, I do hope it has cross buy/cross play though. A fair few games already have it and its great, being able to on the PS3 then pick up where you left on the PS Vita and vice-versa is brilliant.

Parakeettheprawn:
...indie games, both rayman reboot games, PSP games, PS1 classics, PS2 classics, and the handful of Vita games I'd actually want.... holy crap Sony's finally made me interested in the Vita again.

Hi I thought I'd just let you know "PERSONA 4 GOLDEN" IS THAT HOTTEST SHIT!!

Just letting you know... Also Muramasa the Demon blade...

Too bad Gamestop spoiled the news for me on this. They already had display boxes out Saturday. Pre-ordered Mugfugs. :D

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Parakeettheprawn:

Too bad Gamestop spoiled the news for me on this. They already had display boxes out Saturday. Pre-ordered Mugfugs. :D

Deadpool, I thought we covered this -- no coffee in the morning!

OT: I'm still at Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on my PS3, so.... 4's not happening until 2 Part 2 and 3 get finished. Muramasa does nothing for me. Gravity Rush on the other hand...

AzrealMaximillion:
The low Wii sales of Rayman Origins would like to have a word with you. Keeping Rayman Legends a WiiU exclusive would have been an idiotic business move due to the Wii U's sales.

Uhuh, because it did so much better on the other consoles. And the Wii version did better then the PSV version!

OT: As long as they don't delay the game again for this version to release as well, I won't mind. That said, I'm still on the fence on whether to pick up this game or not (for the WiiU of course, seeing as how it's supposedly the best version of the game).

Mr.Mattress:

AzrealMaximillion:

Uhuh, because it did so much better on the other consoles. And the Wii version did better then the PSV version!

I'm scratching my head at your link here. Doing almost twice as well on the PS3 as it did on the Wii, and doing a decent bit better on the 360 kinda of proves my point. Making Rayman Legends a Wii U exclusive would have been a dumb idea. You've just confirmed that with evidence.

Thank You?

AzrealMaximillion:

I'm scratching my head at your link here. Doing almost twice as well on the PS3 as it did on the Wii, and doing a decent bit better on the 360 kinda of proves my point. Making Rayman Legends a Wii U exclusive would have been a dumb idea. You've just confirmed that with evidence.

Thank You?

It hardly sold any better on either the PS3 or the Xbox 360. And the Wii's sales weren't "Low", considering how much it sold on all systems. No, the PC's were Low, the Wii's were not. Sure, exclusivity might have hurt Rayman Legends, but don't claim it had low sales on the Wii, and don't claim that it sold so much better on the other systems.

AzrealMaximillion:

BiH-Kira:

-Seraph-:

First of all, the game did great on the Wii considering the retarded release date. It had to fight with fucking Zelda, Lost in Shadows and a Mario sports game on the Wii. The release date was clearly a fuck up on Ubisoft's side, not the Wii's or it's user's fault.

Second, I didn't say it should stay an exclusive. I just wanted to point out that it would do great if it released in March as it should have released. Read my post again, I explained why.
The lack of games on the WiiU and the desperate need for them. WiiU user would have bought it simply because it would be the only popular game released in months. They had almost nothing else to play on the WiiU. Lego City and MonHun3U released a month later, other popular game released several months before. It was a drought for games.

Ubisoft had two choices. Release the game when there is a drought and have guarantied sales, or release later to compete with CoD, Mario, Mario Kart, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, maybe Bayonetta 2, New Super Luigi, Watch Dogs iirc and Assassins Creed IV.
Now tell me, what is a better release date. The one with no competition when gamer are desperate for games, or release date where you are competing with the best selling games?

I don't really care whether the game is an exclusive or not. But I do think that the delay of the WiiU version is just a bad move from Ubisoft. At the march release date, it at least had a chance of selling good. At the September release date it has almost no chance to sell good on the WiiU.

Ubisoft is repeating the exact same mistake as they did with Origin. You don't release games like Origin to compete against the hard hitter. You simply don't. If Origin was released during some other period, it would have sold a lot better.

EDIT:
There is one golden rule that publisher seem not to understand when they publish on Nintendo consoles.
You don't, I repeat, you DO NOT release games during the same period as a Mario or Zelda game are released. You simply can't compete with those games.
Don't get me wrong, I don't say it has anything to do with quality. Your game could be the game of all times and it will probably have a hard time against Mario.

Here is why. It's a Nintendo console. People buy the console simply to play Nintendo games. everything else is a bonus. Nintendo is the only out of all the console manufacturer in gaming history that can survive on only 1st party titles because people buy the consoles for them.

So if I buy a console just to play Mario and Zelda, it's only natural that I will pick Mario and Zelda over other games during the same period because I bought the console in the first place for those games.
Nintendo games, not matter how the Escapists may not like them, are one of the strongest IP's and best selling games in the industry. Directly competing against them is simply suicide.

Parakeettheprawn:

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Parakeettheprawn:

OT: I'm still at Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on my PS3, so.... 4's not happening until 2 Part 2 and 3 get finished. Muramasa does nothing for me. Gravity Rush on the other hand...

But I just have to have some coffee in my signature "Deadpool Travel Mug" from cafepress.com :D

Buy now

Mr.Mattress:

AzrealMaximillion:

Thank You?

It hardly sold any better on either the PS3 or the Xbox 360. And the Wii's sales weren't "Low", considering how much it sold on all systems. No, the PC's were Low, the Wii's were not. Sure, exclusivity might have hurt Rayman Legends, but don't claim it had low sales on the Wii, and don't claim that it sold so much better on the other systems.

Sorry but my point still stands. The Wii's Rayman Origins sales were the lowest, and considering that Valve doesn't release sales numbers I'm willing to bet that the PC sales aren't as low as VG Chartz makes them out to be. It had low sales on the Wii. It had low sales on the other consoles as well, that I never argued, but its lowest known sales were on the Wii. The butthurt about Legends no longer being a WiiU exclusive needs to stop.

BiH-Kira:

AzrealMaximillion:

BiH-Kira:

First of all, the game did great on the Wii considering the retarded release date. It had to fight with fucking Zelda, Lost in Shadows and a Mario sports game on the Wii. The release date was clearly a fuck up on Ubisoft's side, not the Wii's or it's user's fault.

Second, I didn't say it should stay an exclusive. I just wanted to point out that it would do great if it released in March as it should have released. Read my post again, I explained why.
The lack of games on the WiiU and the desperate need for them. WiiU user would have bought it simply because it would be the only popular game released in months. They had almost nothing else to play on the WiiU. Lego City and MonHun3U released a month later, other popular game released several months before. It was a drought for games.

Ubisoft had two choices. Release the game when there is a drought and have guarantied sales, or release later to compete with CoD, Mario, Mario Kart, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, maybe Bayonetta 2, New Super Luigi, Watch Dogs iirc and Assassins Creed IV.
Now tell me, what is a better release date. The one with no competition when gamer are desperate for games, or release date where you are competing with the best selling games?

I don't really care whether the game is an exclusive or not. But I do think that the delay of the WiiU version is just a bad move from Ubisoft. At the march release date, it at least had a chance of selling good. At the September release date it has almost no chance to sell good on the WiiU.

Ubisoft is repeating the exact same mistake as they did with Origin. You don't release games like Origin to compete against the hard hitter. You simply don't. If Origin was released during some other period, it would have sold a lot better.

EDIT:
There is one golden rule that publisher seem not to understand when they publish on Nintendo consoles.
You don't, I repeat, you DO NOT release games during the same period as a Mario or Zelda game are released. You simply can't compete with those games.
Don't get me wrong, I don't say it has anything to do with quality. Your game could be the game of all times and it will probably have a hard time against Mario.

Here is why. It's a Nintendo console. People buy the console simply to play Nintendo games. everything else is a bonus. Nintendo is the only out of all the console manufacturer in gaming history that can survive on only 1st party titles because people buy the consoles for them.

So if I buy a console just to play Mario and Zelda, it's only natural that I will pick Mario and Zelda over other games during the same period because I bought the console in the first place for those games.
Nintendo games, not matter how the Escapists may not like them, are one of the strongest IP's and best selling games in the industry. Directly competing against them is simply suicide.

But my point still stands. Rayman Origins sales were lowest on the Wii. And to be honest Rayman Legends would have a better chance being released alongside the Zeldas and Marios at this point. The Rayman series got hijacked by the Rabbids for so many Wii mini game compilations that no one really expected Origins to be any good. That and the fact that Rayman 3 and the many spinoffs of the franchise that followed weren't that great. So please spare me the thought that Rayman has been a franchise that has been heralded as fantastic. Overall, most of the franchise is mediocre. Its always been offbeat.

Another issue is with the way Nintendo console sell. People wait for the first party titles before buying a Nintendo console. And considering Nintendo's not so good relationship with third party companies it really leaves the 3rd party with 3 options. Put a game out while there are no 1st party games while the Nintendo console struggles to make a consumer base. Directly compete with 1st party titles when they sell the Nintendo console. Or wait until the 1st party titles get released and make a solid base, then sell the game on the Nintendo console when the hardware numbers are up.

Or they could just go multiplatform and save themselves the hurt that the aforementioned options would bring.

Either way, the butthurt over Rayman Legends no longer being an exclusive WiiU game needs to stop. And saying that Rayman Legends would do fantastic in sales if it were released now is a big stretch. It would do ok at best. Rayman has always been a multiplatform franchise, making it an exclusive would have hurt it in a big way.

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Parakeettheprawn:

Al-Bundy-da-G:

But I just have to have some coffee in my signature "Deadpool Travel Mug" from cafepress.com :D

Buy now

*Sniffs* That's not coffee. That's gasoline. How did you even get it in there without it eating away at the... *glances inside* and why on earth is Emma Frost's bra in here? Actually, better question -- despite how small it may be, how on earth did you manage to even fit it in in here with the gasoline?

...have you been playing the pre-order DLC to your game that no one's talked about yet? You know they haven't bug tested it...

Parakeettheprawn:

*Sniffs* That's not coffee. That's gasoline. How did you even get it in there without it eating away at the... *glances inside* and why on earth is Emma Frost's bra in here? Actually, better question -- despite how small it may be, how on earth did you manage to even fit it in in here with the gasoline?

...have you been playing the pre-order DLC to your game that no one's talked about yet? You know they haven't bug tested it...

Look let's not get into who put who's brain into what and who forgot to bring a gas can to the station. Besides gray matter is quite malliable. Watch.

See nothing to it.

As for the game "quote" "un-quote" "Bug Testing"? Everyone knows that my game is perfect and has no bugs. Those randomly spazzing enemies are just break dancing... It's un-patchable.

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Parakeettheprawn:

Look let's not get into who put who's brain into what and who forgot to bring a gas can to the station. Besides gray matter is quite malliable. Watch.

See nothing to it.

As for the game "quote" "un-quote" "Bug Testing"? Everyone knows that my game is perfect and has no bugs. Those randomly spazzing enemies are just break dancing... It's un-patchable.

...I was speaking about her BRA not her... wait, what brain? Are you seriously still trying to get a role in Young Frankenstein? Mel Brooks got a restraining order!

*wipes the blood off his face* Didn't that hurt?

Ahh, I see. Here I was thinking it was only running at 15 FPS. Good to know, although that begs the question -- why do none of characters have clothes on besides Cable?

Parakeettheprawn:

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Parakeettheprawn:

See nothing to it.

...I was speaking about her BRA not her... wait, what brain? Are you seriously still trying to get a role in Young Frankenstein? Mel Brooks got a restraining order!

*wipes the blood off his face* Didn't that hurt?

Ahh, I see. Here I was thinking it was only running at 15 FPS. Good to know, although that begs the question -- why do none of characters have clothes on besides Cable?

Me and Mel came to an understanding. He lets me star in the stage production of "The Producers" and I don't break his legs.

And to be honest it kinda tickled, also a little bit of mild arousal.

Also the game only looks like it going 15 FPS during that one portion because it's in a club with strobe lights. Cause that's how I do son!

Wait did you say only Cable had clothes on?! THAT'S BULLSHIT!! It was supposed to be the other way around. That's it I'm sending High Moon a complaint letter. A ticking complaint letter. Filled with explosive words.

...It's a bomb, get it?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here